'24 TN LB Edwin Spillman (Tennessee)

They are from Sierra Leone. Saw a stat that said 53% of Sierra Leone's population makes less than $1.25 per day. They would have never had the opportunity to come to play football if they didn't go through the missionary orphanage program that they did. Crazy to think about, and shows that God works in crazy ways

As long as you're one of the kids who gets picked and not one of the swath of kids left behind.

Still, it is a great, and sad, story, genuinely. I'm happy for the boys in his family to receive the opportunity and I hope they turn out to play well for the orange.

4-star LB Edwin Spillman
The buzz: Tennessee is the in-state school, his brother just moved to Knoxville to begin his career as a Vol and I still like Tennessee’s position for Edwin Spillman. He knows the staff very well, he feels at home in Knoxville and the Vols continue to set the pace in this race. Spillman plans to visit Florida State this weekend, Georgia the following weekend and then close out June with visits to Tennessee and Georgia. He then plans to make his decision.

Simmons Scoop: Latest recruiting intel from the On3 NIL Elite Series

4-star LB Edwin Spillman
The buzz: Tennessee is the in-state school, his brother just moved to Knoxville to begin his career as a Vol and I still like Tennessee’s position for Edwin Spillman. He knows the staff very well, he feels at home in Knoxville and the Vols continue to set the pace in this race. Spillman plans to visit Florida State this weekend, Georgia the following weekend and then close out June with visits to Tennessee and Georgia. He then plans to make his decision.

Simmons Scoop: Latest recruiting intel from the On3 NIL Elite Series
IMG_0829.gif

Trio trending towards Tennessee
A trio to watch closely if you are a Tennessee fan is linebacker Edwin Spillman and wide receivers Mike Matthews and Ryan Wingo. I see the Vols are the favorite for all three as we enter the heat of the summer. All three have four official visits scheduled this month. Spillman and Matthews are expected to make late summer decisions with Wingo planning to take his recruitment the distance.
-Chad Simmons, On3

Priority in-state linebacker target Edwin Spillman joined Lipscomb Academy teammate Kaleb Beasley as another visitor , and Tennessee continues to fare well with the four-star.

“One aspect that stood out to me was the community and brotherhood," he said following the visit.

Spillman told VolReport that current Vol commits are continuing to recruit him to join them and that he would like to make a decision in July.

Tennessee continues to trend well as it battles Ohio State and others.
- VolReport

VN Store

Back