'24 TN LB Edwin Spillman (Tennessee)

Someone let him know his brother plays for us so he can go ahead and jump in the boat anytime.
His brother can just transfer to whatever school Ed really wants to be at. Whether it's Ohio State or Tennessee, Nathan will be developed as a WR at either school. I think Ed is factoring that in as well.

If he's looking at depth chart, we clearly need him

Perry, Herring, Telander, Burns are upgrades? Maybe vs Kentucky and Vandy’ LBs

Besides Garner pulling a few DL guys, defense recruiting is SEC average at best
Don't know about the latter two but the other two looked good in limited time last fall.

I’ve been impressed with the guys we’ve landed at LB, we are finally getting loaded at the position.

Edge is looking really nice.

Secondary has some athletes now, then we have Beasley, Goree, Boo, and Cai to come help.

Defense is starting to look nice. Hope we can snag Franklin to go with Hobbs. Would love to land a stud NT

His brother can just transfer to whatever school Ed really wants to be at. Whether it's Ohio State or Tennessee, Nathan will be developed as a WR at either school. I think Ed is factoring that in as well.

If he's looking at depth chart, we clearly need him

Unless Nate pulls a Tillman those schools aren't going to being willing to accept him as a transfer unless it's as a walk on

I’ve been impressed with the guys we’ve landed at LB, we are finally getting loaded at the position.

Edge is looking really nice.

Secondary has some athletes now, then we have Beasley, Goree, Boo, and Cai to come help.

Defense is starting to look nice. Hope we can snag Franklin to go with Hobbs. Would love to land a stud NT
They are moving away from those true NT body types.

They are def moving to a twitchier player and West, Hobbs and even Norman-Lott are examples of that. I just remember seeing the burst West had last yr when he started getting more snaps and it just jumped off the screen compared to the others which is saying something bc we do have some good DL.

Last edited:
They are def moving to a twitchier player and West, Hobbs and even Norman-Lott are examples of that. I just remember seeing the burst West had last yr when he started getting more snaps and it just jumped off the screen compared to the others which is saying something bc we do have some good DL.
Yeah the defense statistically will be "good" this year imo, and it's because of what you just mentioned

You conveniently left out Arion Carter and Jalen Smith.
Those don’t really support his point though.

I think if we’re being fair our defensive recruiting has gotten better this year but maybe we’re still not quite where we want to be. We’re in serious consideration for a lot more elite talent, we had a few get away that we felt good about. I think with time proving last year wasn’t a one year wonder and with Banks putting a better defense on the field on that side this year we start to move in the right direction on that side of the ball.

People expect Kirby for some reason but he took over for Richt who left a stocked cupboard. Kirby is also proven as a defensive mind as well and has a better in state talent pool. Realistically I think Heupel has had better defensive recruiting than Pruitt who was supposedly a defensive master mind. 😂

De
Those don’t really support his point though.

I think if we’re being fair our defensive recruiting has gotten better this year but maybe we’re still not quite where we want to be. We’re in serious consideration for a lot more elite talent, we had a few get away that we felt good about. I think with time proving last year wasn’t a one year wonder and with Banks putting a better defense on the field on that side this year we start to move in the right direction on that side of the ball.

People expect Kirby for some reason but he took over for Richt who left a stocked cupboard. Kirby is also proven as a defensive mind as well and has a better in state talent pool. Realistically I think Heupel has had better defensive recruiting than Pruitt who was supposedly a defensive master mind. 😂
def mastermind Sabin had no answers Hyatt five tds he then wants rule changes master cheater and bully he couldn't dictate in NFL so he quit tired of everybody callin him the best heupel embarrassed his defense thank goodness coaches and players are nut huggin his nuts

De
def mastermind Sabin had no answers Hyatt five tds he then wants rule changes master cheater and bully he couldn't dictate in NFL so he quit tired of everybody callin him the best heupel embarrassed his defense thank goodness coaches and players are nut huggin his nuts
Punctuation_Yoda-300x227.jpg

Wonder if Edwin will pop before the 14th or not? Feels like he or Warren may slide in before Russell if I had to guess.

Reactions: Glitch
Do we have a chance with Spillman?

I'll show myself out.
My brother’s best friend’s cousin’s neighbor’s chiropractor’s dog heard him tell someone he really likes Ohio State, but he knows in his heart he belongs at UT, so he’s splitting the difference and going to U of Toledo. TIFWIW

VN Store

Back