'24 TN LB Edwin Spillman (Tennessee)

I’m a wtrm guy and although you can’t judge the depth I’m sure it’s fine.

That effort is incredible and at that age it shows BOTH incredible power AND it shows committed effort to get there. Extremely impressive. 💪🏻
Hitting 525 twice as a 16/17 year old rising senior is wild

Hitting 525 twice as a 16/17 year old rising senior is wild
Agreed. I could barely squat 225, and press 135 as a 17-18 yo. Took a lot of work and dedication to get anywhere close to sniffing numbers in that arena.

Different people hve different cages, meso, endo, ecto.

Ive lifted as long as I can recall, and can tell you there are varying degrees of natural strength.

Also, you know when people are doing stuff with PED's. Take for example Sly Stallone - typically shoulders dont look like that without steroids.

My personal best on deadlift, unassisted with no wristnstraps couldnt even touch what a guy of similar build, weight, stature who was juicing and similarly dedicated could throw up. Not insinuating that dude is juicing im just saying that dude is a beast. Those are great numbers, esp if natural.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
they have one LB committed, i'm sure they'll close with another. many project them as landing the top class.
Obviously they wanted these two now. So I wonder if their fans are having a meltdown? Or do they assume they will get someone else like you do?

So their fans are fine I guess.
Their board is nervous about their defensive class. They aren’t melting down over missing Spillman and KVA but they aren’t thrilled either. They were both takes clearly and being heavily pursued, so OSU getting beat for prioritized linebacker targets hurts

Yeah, what would Vegas odds have been on something like that. Spitting up blood from a shot to the ribs may result in a season ending injury. The only time I've personally seen it happen, the kid had a collapsed lung.
Could be a contusion. Hopefully that’s the case but that doesn’t sound good at all if he’s spitting up blood after trauma to the ribs.

Agreed. I could barely squat 225, and press 135 as a 17-18 yo. Took a lot of work and dedication to get anywhere close to sniffing numbers in that arena.

Different people hve different cages, meso, endo, ecto.

Ive lifted as long as I can recall, and can tell you there are varying degrees of natural strength.

Also, you know when people are doing stuff with PED's. Take for example Sly Stallone - typically shoulders dont look like that without steroids.

My personal best on deadlift, unassisted with no wristnstraps couldnt even touch what a guy of similar build, weight, stature who was juicing and similarly dedicated could throw up. Not insinuating that dude is juicing im just saying that dude is a beast. Those are great numbers, esp if natural.
When I was 16-17, our weighted were metal bars with two large tin cans filled with concrete. However, most of the strength of our players came from throwing bales of hay from a wagon into a second floor loft.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back