'18 TN OL/DL Cade Mays (Transfer)

I haven't looked into the Georgia SOL on a premises case (I work in Kentucky), but the lawsuit was filed shortly before the two year mark of the event's occurrence. People acting like the lawsuit being filed was a surprise don't understand civil litigation. He's most certainly been negotiating with the insurance carrier for the university and/or the chair manufacturing company (unless they are self-insured, in which case he's likely been negotiating with the company's risk management department directly) for quite some time. However, in these sort of cases , it's not uncommon for all of the parties to point fingers at each other and deny fault, including arguments that the Plaintiff contributed to the cause of the injury himself. These liability denials culminate in the filing of the lawsuit. Things usually get worked out in a mediation some time thereafter, with a confidentiality provision negotiated for by the defendants related to the agreed upon sum. (source: am insurance defense lawyer)

source.gif

Wow. I was under the assumption it was a one and done deal here. This is huge... gives the current OL underclassmen years to develop
Heā€™s a true junior next season who hasnā€™t used a redshirt. Some have cited 2021 mock drafts that have him rated top 10. I think those are shots in the dark at this point. He doesnā€™t have a first round resume. If heā€™s cleared, playing with his brother might be a lure to stay two.

Heā€™s a true junior next season who hasnā€™t used a redshirt. Some have cited 2021 mock drafts that have him rated top 10. I think those are shots in the dark at this point. He doesnā€™t have a first round resume. If heā€™s cleared, playing with his brother might be a lure to stay two.

I think him taking the effort to transfer makes me lean towards him staying 2 to play with brother in KTown regardless.

Reactions: Sleegro and butchna
I think him taking the effort to transfer makes me lean towards him staying 2 to play with brother in KTown regardless.
Reasonable. You never know with pro stock but his family isnā€™t struggling financially and I hear a lucrative opportunity popped up...or off. šŸ˜‰

I haven't looked into the Georgia SOL on a premises case (I work in Kentucky), but the lawsuit was filed shortly before the two year mark... He's most certainly been negotiating with the insurance carrier for the university ... However, in these sort of cases , it's not uncommon for all of the parties to point fingers at each other

I canā€™t believe this little gem of a pun has been left unmolested

Come on Volnation

VN Store

Back