'19 TN OL Melvin McBride (Tennessee signee)

We get to and win a bowl, I believe our class will look very different on signing day than it does now. Bowl game, and I believe we seal the deal for Wright, Crouch, and To'oto'o, and maybe flip Norton, and quite possibly Taulia.

Absolutely agree. Getting to a bowl is critical for us to get Wright, Crouch and To'oto'o. Think it's a given that Cox is not going to be part of the class. A couple of the lower rated DL guys could be upgraded or recruited over. . Think we have 6 DL committs,5 after Cox, 5 secondary committs ( 4 if Beasley plays RB), 2 TE's, 1 QB, 3 OL committs, 1 WR, 1 LB.

Could see atleast 2 DL guys dropped or upgraded, could get away with 1 TE. If our young secondary guys play well we could maybe drop 1.

We can sign 22 so maybe something close to this..

5 OL
1 QB ( 2 if Maurer and Taulia both come)
1 RB
4 DL
1-2 WR
1-2 TE
3 LB
4 DB,S

That's 22 with the high number on every position. Only way I see us taking 2 QB's if if Maurer and Taulia both want to come. If we have 1-2 transfer plus Chryst graduating then who knows. Think JG wins the job, McBride transfers and Chryst graduate's. Then we have JG and Shrout as our Scholly QB's plus Mauer. Do we ride with a RS JR, RS FR and True FR next season? Or sign 2 this class or look for grad transfer QB depth? Don't think we sign 2 this class unless the 2nd one is Taulia. Would make it hard to get an elite QB in the '20 class. Gun to my head, we just sign Mauer and Taulia sticks with Ala. Would be nice to have 25 available, but 'it happens.

yeah, a couple will be out if Curry, Hill, Wright and Crouch all want in. if bogle winds up wanting on board in addition, we're gonna have some decisiosn to make.

Would be a great problem to have. None of Wright,Crouch,Hill, McBride,Curry, To'oto'o, Moore( Miss St committ) and Bogle are longshots. Think Bogle ends up at Mia,Curry at Aub, but the rest we have real legit shots at.

Reactions: SugarCC
Would be a great problem to have. None of Wright,Crouch,Hill, McBride,Curry, To'oto'o, Moore( Miss St committ) and Bogle are longshots. Think Bogle ends up at Mia,Curry at Aub, but the rest we have real legit shots at.
yep. it's a reality we might have to face.

i'm ok with that.

Reactions: SugarCC
Absolutely agree. Getting to a bowl is critical for us to get Wright, Crouch and To'oto'o. Think it's a given that Cox is not going to be part of the class. A couple of the lower rated DL guys could be upgraded or recruited over. . Think we have 6 DL committs,5 after Cox, 5 secondary committs ( 4 if Beasley plays RB), 2 TE's, 1 QB, 3 OL committs, 1 WR, 1 LB.

Could see atleast 2 DL guys dropped or upgraded, could get away with 1 TE. If our young secondary guys play well we could maybe drop 1.

We can sign 22 so maybe something close to this..

5 OL
1 QB ( 2 if Maurer and Taulia both come)
1 RB
4 DL
1-2 WR
1-2 TE
3 LB
4 DB,S

That's 22 with the high number on every position. Only way I see us taking 2 QB's if if Maurer and Taulia both want to come. If we have 1-2 transfer plus Chryst graduating then who knows. Think JG wins the job, McBride transfers and Chryst graduate's. Then we have JG and Shrout as our Scholly QB's plus Mauer. Do we ride with a RS JR, RS FR and True FR next season? Or sign 2 this class or look for grad transfer QB depth? Don't think we sign 2 this class unless the 2nd one is Taulia. Would make it hard to get an elite QB in the '20 class. Gun to my head, we just sign Mauer and Taulia sticks with Ala. Would be nice to have 25 available, but 'it happens.
no way we take 5 OL, even if we don't get Wright. 4 is enough. Don't think 4 DL, and 4 DB/S is enough either.

no way we take 5 OL, even if we don't get Wright. 4 is enough. Don't think 4 DL, and 4 DB/S is enough either.
we have 3 now, and i agree, i think Wright is the last one in on the OL. from a need standpoint, it fits. Wright OL, Crouch LB, Hill DB. Bogle would definitely take Cox's spot if he wanted in. Heck, Joesph Anderson might take that spot no matter what happens to Bogle. and of course, Cox is going to flip to Auburn anyway so that's one spot we probably don't have worry about parting ways, something tells me that'll get done no matter what.

i do think they want another WR...curry or knox? so we'll see how that fits as well.

I don't think we take 5 OL either but just put 5 as the absolute most but 4 most likely. If McBride wants in and they want him they could add a 5th or swap him and the kid from IMG. Depends on where they sit with those 2 and assuming we get Wright. We do lose 4 SR DL. The other 6 are a JR Gooden then 3 Fr and 2 Soph. Figure 4-5 DL with 5 as the most. We will lose 3 SR secondary guys Henderson, TK Jr and Abernathy. Plus possibly Warrior with a great year. The others are 6 RS or True Fr, 4 Soph and 3 Juniors. Can't see more than 4-5 tops at DB/S. Especially if by late in the season Taylor and Thompson have played well at Corner and Flowers at safety. How each group developed could add or subtract from how many they want at each position.

we have 3 now, and i agree, i think Wright is the last one in on the OL. from a need standpoint, it fits. Wright OL, Crouch LB, Hill DB. Bogle would definitely take Cox's spot if he wanted in. Heck, Joesph Anderson might take that spot no matter what happens to Bogle. and of course, Cox is going to flip to Auburn anyway so that's one spot we probably don't have worry about parting ways, something tells me that'll get done no matter what.

i do think they want another WR...curry or knox? so we'll see how that fits as well.

Moore who's committed to Miss St is another potential DL flip. A mid *4 and it's been mentioned he's a very possible flip to us. I forgot about Anderson, another potential flip to us. Think Bogle's mom is the only reason he doesn't end up in Knoxville. Hopefully she changes her stance on him staying close to home.

Does anyone know if this guy is a take? We already have 3 OL commits plus Wright. Not sure they will take 5 OL.

Wonder if he was told he needs to jump on board now or he won't have a spot available?

Kids twitter definitely has an Arkansas tilt to it... That would be my guess. He may have never gotten the green light from UT.

On if we're the pick next week:

Not out of the ? But I’d be surprised with numbers if he had a spot at the moment.
-- Price

Vols or Arkansas in my opinion. My question is how big of a priority is he for the Vols given where numbers are.
--Hubbs

Know UT likes McBride as a physical guard, not sure about spots though. Looking into it. Arkansas has long thought to be the destination for him.
-Simonton

VN Store

Back