'19 TN OL Melvin McBride (Tennessee signee)

Ok, I give him a CB to Arky. Sorry, but with what Pruitt already has committed at Oline, i don't see a guy who has Arky, Indiana and Louisville in his top 5 as a get.

Weird how we don't seem to have room for all these guys when everyone acts like we have unlimited numbers.

Sorry, couldn't resist. Don't wanna start another debate. Just making a joke. Laugh and move along.

This has to have some bearing on Wright... If the staff didn't feel good about Wright, you take McBrides commitment. There are no other OL we are pushing for...

Reactions: jakez4ut
This has to have some bearing on Wright... If the staff didn't feel good about Wright, you take McBrides commitment. There are no other OL we are pushing for...
I believe that's why everyone is saying we aren't taking McBride.

Arkansas is going to be getting a really good prospect then. I wouldn't mind cutting a current commit loose to make room for him. Oh, well.

Reactions: StoVol
I wouldn't mind cutting a current commit loose to make room for him. Oh, well.

giphy.gif

Arkansas is going to be getting a really good prospect then. I wouldn't mind cutting a current commit loose to make room for him. Oh, well.
i think they would only consider purposefully cutting someone out of this class to land a bigger fish at a position of need.

guys i think that fit in that category: Bogle, To'ot'o (sp?), curry.

i think we feel pretty good about Hill, Crouch and Wright. and if nothing else changes #'s wise, that's probably it for this class.

if one of those guys (and there are others i'm sure at the top of the coaches' board that would be on that list) wants in, in addition to crouch, wright, hill, they'd cut bait with someone else already committed.

Reactions: Sleegro
i think they would only consider purposefully cutting someone out of this class to land a bigger fish at a position of need.

guys i think that fit in that category: Bogle, To'ot'o (sp?), curry.

i think we feel pretty good about Hill, Crouch and Wright. and if nothing else changes #'s wise, that's probably it for this class.

if one of those guys (and there are others i'm sure at the top of the coaches' board that would be on that list) wants in, in addition to crouch, wright, hill, they'd cut bait with someone else already committed.
Accurate post is accurate.

thanks. i think if we wound up with Mcbride (and this isn't a knock on him) that means we whiffed big time on somewhere else...
I really like McBride and originally wanted him in this class. But you are correct. We already have 3 commits that are probably higher on the board and another 5 star we lead for. With very limited spots it only makes sense. But I know someone will come in mad about losing an instate guy or something even though we already have 2 instate guys at his position that are rated higher.

I really like McBride and originally wanted him in this class. But you are correct. We already have 3 commits that are probably higher on the board and another 5 star we lead for. With very limited spots it only makes sense. But I know someone will come in mad about losing an instate guy or something even though we already have 2 instate guys at his position that are rated higher.
and we will know them as idiots.

Lord knows we need OL. Between low numbers and injuries we only had 8 total to practice with a couple of weeks ago.

Doesn't help we have two 4* in-state OL and they are going to Oklahoma and Ole Miss.

Reactions: SmokeyDaBear
Callahan on the Erik Ainge show insinuated that McBride is our plan B for Wright. Possibility he may push his commitment back, Pruitt may be trying to convince him to do so. If he commits here soon that he thinks the pick is Arkansas. We are saving our last OL spot for Wright.

Also stated that the staff was considering taking 5 OL commitments at one point, but with the progress of our current OL the staff has decided to use that scholorship elsewhere.

I am reading between the lines a little, but that was my interpretation of what Callahan said when the brought up Mcbride.

Last edited:
Callahan on the Erik Ainge show insinuated that McBride is our plan B for Wright. Possibility he may push his commitment back, Pruitt may be trying to convince him to do so. If he commits here soon that he thinks the pick is Arkansas. We are saving our last OL spot for Wright.
This makes sense

I agree with you fully. With the numbers and our current oline recruiting outlook McBride would be a luxury. It’s hard not to be greedy when it comes to the oline and dline, though.

Reactions: LaagerVol
I agree with you fully. With the numbers and our current oline recruiting outlook McBride would be a luxury. It’s hard not to be greedy when it comes to the oline and dline, though.
oh yeah, and i think they have been, especially on the O line. as it stands now, adding wright to this o line class would be outstanding. the dl is still a need. they will hold out and accept bogle, anderson or the kid from starkville if they can get any of those three cats. and i think Curry and Knox are 1 and 2 on the WR board and we'll wind up with one of those two.

crouch has an open spot, just has to say the word. Hill has a spot if he wants it too.

long story short. someone that's on our committment list, likley won't be when it's time to put pen to paper.

oh yeah, and i think they have been, especially on the O line. as it stands now, adding wright to this o line class would be outstanding. the dl is still a need. they will hold out and accept bogle, anderson or the kid from starkville if they can get any of those three cats. and i think Curry and Knox are 1 and 2 on the WR board and we'll wind up with one of those two.

crouch has an open spot, just has to say the word. Hill has a spot if he wants it too.

long story short. someone that's on our committment list, definitely won't be when it's time to put pen to paper.

fyp

Also stated that the staff was considering taking 5 OL commitments at one point, but with the progress of our current OL the staff has decided to use that scholorship elsewhere.

I am reading between the lines a little, but that was my interpretation of what Callahan said when the brought up Mcbride.

This has to be considered pretty good news no matter which way you look at it.

Reactions: LaagerVol

VN Store

Back