'19 TN OL Melvin McBride (Tennessee signee)

I really think (ya I know ,I know no scheme talk) that It will show the philosophy of the staff with a 3wr or 5 OL... the same can be said if you take a 5or 6 DB insteads of a 4 or 5 DL....

Obviously they have to recruit what the other staff didn’t but still you can start to see their ideas from their recruiting numbers....

I really think (ya I know ,I know no scheme talk) that It will show the philosophy of the staff with a 3wr or 5 OL... the same can be said if you take a 5or 6 DB insteads of a 4 or 5 DL....

Obviously they have to recruit what the other staff didn’t but still you can start to see their ideas from their recruiting numbers....

This is a little confounding because of how the personnel on defense is a quick switch. Butch’s DEs are Pruitt’s OLB. But Butch kept 12 scholarships for WRs but with Pruitt it’ll be more like 8 or so. So year 1 they needed all those NT types but now they can start to normalize their numbers.

A healthy Smith and Hall are helping immensely both with numbers as well as winning.

Reactions: 4 people
This is a little confounding because of how the personnel on defense is a quick switch. Butch’s DEs are Pruitt’s OLB. But Butch kept 12 scholarships for WRs but with Pruitt it’ll be more like 8 or so. So year 1 they needed all those NT types but now they can start to normalize their numbers.

A healthy Smith and Hall are helping immensely both with numbers as well as winning.

Hopefully with less receivers we actually develop a rhythm rather than rotating receivers ever other play lol

Reactions: 1 person
Hopefully with less receivers we actually develop a rhythm rather than rotating receivers ever other play lol

It's funny listening to texas fans right now about that. They are all excited that Herman has a 9 WR rotation that will keep them all fresh.

I disagree...I think it is almost 100% just a "what do we need right now the most" equation...at least for the next two classes.

I disagree...I think it is almost 100% just a "what do we need right now the most" equation...at least for the next two classes.

This... and there's the "What does this class excel at?" and "Who are the BPA that are interested in my school"...

This class is light on QB and RB talent... so is our class... In general, when you get a situation where you're just recruiting a position because you need warm bodies there... that's when you start throwing scholarships away.

It's funny listening to texas fans right now about that. They are all excited that Herman has a 9 WR rotation that will keep them all fresh.

If his rotation isn't every other play, then it may not be a bad thing. Butch was just dumb, instead of letting a kid play for all or most of series, which could work imo.

This... and there's the "What does this class excel at?" and "Who are the BPA that are interested in my school"...

This class is light on QB and RB talent... so is our class... In general, when you get a situation where you're just recruiting a position because you need warm bodies there... that's when you start throwing scholarships away.

I think Beasley and especially Maurer could really end up being big stars at RB and QB, and make us feel differently about that statement down the road.

I think Beasley will have good stats again at RB this year, but I don't know if Maurer can really show out on his team, they are slaw and play really good competition from what I understand.

They both have a real moxie to them personality wise.

I think Beasley and especially Maurer could really end up being big stars at RB and QB, and make us feel differently about that statement down the road.

I think Beasley will have good stats again at RB this year, but I don't know if Maurer can really show out on his team, they are slaw and play really good competition from what I understand.

They both have a real moxie to them personality wise.

Beasley was not recruited to play RB.

According the VQ and 247 guys he probably was.

Yeah basically what i was saying. He could play db if we dont land any of the dbs ahead of him. But more than likely we are going to land most if not all and that was probably what they thought would happen in the first place, that being said they probably did take his commitment as a running back.

Yeah basically what i was saying. He could play db if we dont land any of the dbs ahead of him. But more than likely we are going to land most if not all and that was probably what they thought would happen in the first place, that being said they probably did take his commitment as a running back.

Most people who would actually know have said running back. The only ones saying db are just basing it off of watching a highlight tape and assuming that's what the coaches want.

Reactions: 4 people
Most people who would actually know have said running back. The only ones saying db are just basing it off of watching a highlight tape and assuming that's what the coaches want.

agreed. one of the things they liked about AB was the fact that he had room to grow, and was versatile. i don't see him as a CB. if he's a safety, then he's likely a nickel/spur/star whatever..... he's got the frame to maybe fill out as a f/t LB.

and he's athletic and big enough, that if he does fill out, he fits the profile for a RB too.

lss, i don't see him playing in the back 4 as a full time player. more likely LB or RB, and i'd lean RB at this point.:thumbsup:

agreed. one of the things they liked about AB was the fact that he had room to grow, and was versatile. i don't see him as a CB. if he's a safety, then he's likely a nickel/spur/star whatever..... he's got the frame to maybe fill out as a f/t LB.

and he's athletic and big enough, that if he does fill out, he fits the profile for a RB too.

lss, i don't see him playing in the back 4 as a full time player. more likely LB or RB, and i'd lean RB at this point.:thumbsup:

At 223 lbs. he's not likely playing safety, but you never know.

I watched the highlights and assumed what I want.

VN Store

Back