'25 TN QB George MacIntyre (Tennessee commit)

He’ll rise again with a few strong performances. One thing I do know is Duece Knight is overrated, that kid looked like poop at Lipscomb and has never really put up much stats even in Mississippi. If we are basing these kids off athletic potential the George is ideal. 6’6 will push 220 easily, high level hooper. Nimble, can make the off platform throws. George is a 5 star QB, and Sabans personal pick for a reason.
100%

Y
We knew kid would drop. They all do, when committed to TN for a long time. We dont do drama.

It was written, it has NOTHING to do with ability. Lets go.
Thats just negative bias. On3 moved Pierce to 5 star after he committed and Nico was #1 or close to it. There are many others that have moved up as well

Y

Thats just negative bias. On3 moved Pierce to 5 star after he committed and Nico was #1 or close to it. There are many others that have moved up as well
News flash for the people, On3 is 247 circa 2016 etc. Shannon Terry, Charles Powers, Fong. Only person missing is Barton Simmons, who I’m sure will join to team once Clark Lee is inevitably fired after turning Vandy into New Mexico State University. I mean they been doing the same thing for a while now. At this point no one should care. They over inflate UGA and Bama guys. Then rile up the Vol fans for sh*ts & giggles.

News flash for the people, On3 is 247 circa 2016 etc. Shannon Terry, Charles Powers, Fong. Only person missing is Barton Simmons, who I’m sure will join to team once Clark Lee is inevitably fired after turning Vandy into New Mexico State University. I mean they been doing the same thing for a while now. At this point no one should care. They over inflate UGA and Bama guys. Then rile up the Vol fans for sh*ts & giggles.
Just so we’re clear is turning Vandy into New Mexico State a bad thing?

He’ll rise again with a few strong performances. One thing I do know is Duece Knight is overrated, that kid looked like poop at Lipscomb and has never really put up much stats even in Mississippi. If we are basing these kids off athletic potential the George is ideal. 6’6 will push 220 easily, high level hooper. Nimble, can make the off platform throws. George is a 5 star QB, and Sabans personal pick for a reason.
I agree. Charles Power has always randomly been infatuated with running QBs who have physical tools and big arm

I really don't care how many stars players have by their name as long as they fit the system Heupel incorporates.

This exact post is probably in the Brian Mauer/JT Shrout etc threads but instead of Heupel, Chaney is listed.

The stars matter especially at QB. Just think how much having Nico has helped is with recruits. Hell, kids in this class mention getting to play with Nico as a perk and he’s likely going to be gone after their freshman year.

Having an elite, highly ranked QB in the class helps in so many ways in building a class.

Heupel is not god but a great evaluator I trust him with QB'S more than anyon UT has had. If he does ever miss he will get a good one out of the portal. I think coaches use the services to find prospects and do their own evaluations. GBO 🍊

Last edited:
Reactions: Smokey19rt
I think the rankings update process may be a little more structured than some assume. Yes, the poor performance came months ago, but they couldn't evaluate every player in a weekend. It takes time if they're doing it correctly (which is possibly a topic of debate) to properly evaluate the number of kids that make up the top 300, plus additional kids who were previously unknown. I'd like to think they're taking the time since spring to evaluate junior film, spring camp performances, and then adjust their rankings to account for those who showed improvement, those who perhaps hit their ceiling, and those who were late bloomers. Is that perhaps pie in the sky? Maybe so.

While those concerns did exist in April, I'd like to think it took time to decide how he stacked up against other QBs and then other players overall based on their performances, as well. I think it would be more neurotic to constantly adjust on the fly after each performance and constantly have a moving target that gets updated on a whim. Ideally, initial rankings are updated between sophomore and junior year, following junior season, again in the summer ahead of senior season (after spring camp circuit), and then again following senior seasons. I think most sites follow a rough version of that timeline. It's an inexact science ripe with personal bias and human error, so that just has to be understood going in. It's all opinion, but the only opinion that really matters is that of the staff, and even they aren't going to bat 1.000.
Its fair to say we don't know what is going on behind the scenes. But they need to make it more transparent/relatable when they are doing these updates. because the process now makes its seem arbitrary and punitive.

and I am not even one that really ascribes to these sites hating us. Several of our guys got bumps.

Reactions: cncchris33
Its fair to say we don't know what is going on behind the scenes. But they need to make it more transparent/relatable when they are doing these updates. because the process now makes its seem arbitrary and punitive.

and I am not even one that really ascribes to these sites hating us. Several of our guys got bumps.
To me the big problem is wild swings in ratings, for a kid to move say 50 spots?

Slight movement is one thing but so many moving so far makes you look incompetent either on the front end of the back end evaluation. Kids mechanics and physical attributes usually don’t change that much in say 6 months..

Of course they will say it was just more time to evaluate and kid grew but wild changes!?

Reactions: Smokey19rt
New Mexico State caught a stray here... They beat the **** out of Auburn at home last year. They are wayyyyy better than Candy.

To me the big problem is wild swings in ratings, for a kid to move say 50 spots?

Slight movement is one thing but so many moving so far makes you look incompetent either on the front end of the back end evaluation. Kids mechanics and physical attributes usually don’t change that much in say 6 months..

Of course they will say it was just more time to evaluate and kid grew but wild changes!?
at least after junior year. big swings make sense early on with new kids coming in, early development guys peaking, getting second and third looks at some, and just more film. but yeah, unless something drastic happens its hard to reasonably explain big moves.

New Mexico State caught a stray here... They beat the **** out of Auburn at home last year. They are wayyyyy better than Candy.
Vandy hired Jerry Kill (New Mexico State's HC) as a consultant, and he brought a lot of New Mexico State players with him. He is a good coach, but has health issues (epilepsy).

VN Store

Back