'26 TN QB Jared Curtis

I think you’re highly underestimating G-Mac.

There’s a reason Heupel doesn’t want this kid to leave the state.

I'm not impressed by G-Mac thus far. Maybe I'll see more in the future. But as of now I'd take Duece over him. However, IMO the real prize is this Curtis kid. His tape just screams elite talent. Plus just look at him physically. He already looks more developed than G-Mac whose extremely lanky.

I'm not saying to not take both. I'm just saying I would prioritize the better talent. Which imo is clearly Curtis.

Nico >.

But also, this dude will be a Vol if Heupel so chooses.

I hope so. But thus far I'm not seeing it with Nico. He looks like a developmental QB like Dobbs as a freshmen than a ready made 5-star. Not saying he can't eventually become elite but he's a work in progress.

Jake Merklinger honestly impresses more right now than Nico. I don't think it's a given Nico is the starter over him for the next 2 seasons. He looks like a player. After Joe, I wouldn't be surprised if Merklinger and Curtis are our QBs.

Having Nico at the helm for 2024-2025 and then GMac start from 2026-2027 and then this guy from 2028-2029 will be a heck of a qb run on top of the one we have now

I hope so. But thus far I'm not seeing it with Nico. He looks like a developmental QB like Dobbs as a freshmen than a ready made 5-star. Not saying he can't eventually become elite but he's a work in progress.

Jake Merklinger honestly impresses more right now than Nico. I don't think it's a given Nico is the starter over him for the next 2 seasons. He looks like a player. After Joe, I wouldn't be surprised if Merklinger and Curtis are our QBs.
Are you saying that based off three throws? Damn guess he fooled all of the recruiting sites and even Saban Kirby riley and every other major program.

Go home you’re drunk

I'm not impressed by G-Mac thus far. Maybe I'll see more in the future. But as of now I'd take Duece over him. However, IMO the real prize is this Curtis kid. His tape just screams elite talent. Plus just look at him physically. He already looks more developed than G-Mac whose extremely lanky.

I'm not saying to not take both. I'm just saying I would prioritize the better talent. Which imo is clearly Curtis.
You're not impressed by George who has done well individually but are by Deuce who struggled some at LA? Not throwing shade at Deuce bc his upside is thru the roof, but that's an odd statement to make with what has happened so far this year

You're not impressed by George who has done well individually but are by Deuce who struggled some at LA? Not throwing shade at Deuce bc his upside is thru the roof, but that's an odd statement to make with what has happened so far this year
Wait...are you attempting to rationalize his nonsense? 🤔

It's not really that surprising when you consider it's D4H. He exalts mediocre performance.

Last edited:
Are you saying that based off three throws? Damn guess he fooled all of the recruiting sites and even Saban Kirby riley and every other major program.

It's a combination of the spring game and this Saturday. Once again I'm not saying he'll be a bust. Dobbs looked nothing like he did in later years as a true freshman. I expect Nico to similarly make a jump in future years. All I'm saying is he's a developmental QB prospect. If he had to replace Joe this year we would be in big trouble. That's all I meant by he's not a ready-made 5-star. He needs time to develop.

Both Duece and George are works in progress. I prefer Duece right now based solely on his running ability. Jared Curtis looks more advanced than them physically despite being a year behind them. To me that speaks volumes.

It's a combination of the spring game and this Saturday. Once again I'm not saying he'll be a bust. Dobbs looked nothing like he did in later years as a true freshman. I expect Nico to similarly make a jump in future years. All I'm saying is he's a developmental QB prospect. If he had to replace Joe this year we would be in big trouble. That's all I meant by he's not a ready-made 5-star. He needs time to develop.
I get what you’re saying, but who isn’t a developmental QB? Hopefully no frosh QB isn’t significantly better as a soph and jr as they are a freshman. Look at Manning’s freshman to soph and then to Jr years. He was a top 3 QB, everyone is wanted him, he was third string at the start of the season but became starter. He was FAR from what he became but as a true freshman he was SOLID. He got the job done against most teams with a great supporting group around him.

Yes we do NOT want Nico starting right now. And he’ll be much better as he develops, but I don’t think a team this good would drop to .500 with him leading it. If he had to start from FL on I’d bet we’d still finish something like 8-4 or 7-5 at worst.

Both Duece and George are works in progress. I prefer Duece right now based solely on his running ability. Jared Curtis looks more advanced than them physically despite being a year behind them. To me that speaks volumes.
In that case, Lamar Jackson is the best QB in the world

d4H, where was you during the NFL draft. I couldn’t find you

I get what you’re saying, but who isn’t a developmental QB? Hopefully no frosh QB isn’t significantly better as a soph and jr as they are a freshman. Look at Manning’s freshman to soph and then to Jr years. He was a top 3 QB, everyone is wanted him, he was third string at the start of the season but became starter. He was FAR from what he became but as a true freshman he was SOLID. He got the job done against most teams with a great supporting group around him.

Yes we do NOT want Nico starting right now. And he’ll be much better as he develops, but I don’t think a team this good would drop to .500 with him leading it. If he had to start from FL on I’d bet we’d still finish something like 8-4 or 7-5 at worst.

Trevor Lawrence was ready Year 1. Deshaun Watson was ready Year 1. It's rare but there are QBs who from day 1 look like the best player on the field. All I said was Nico isn't those guys. He's gonna need some time. He's not ready to lead us anywhere right now.

Reactions: BADGER_VOL
Trevor Lawrence was ready Year 1. Deshaun Watson was ready Year 1. It's rare but there are QBs who from day 1 look like the best player on the field. All I said was Nico isn't those guys. He's gonna need some time. He's not ready to lead us anywhere right now.
Neither was Bryce young year 1 or cj stroud. Some of the best ones need a year

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain

Say you're not serious about any of that

Reactions: MarcoVol

Gtfo

How do you know he’s not ready tho? He’s taken very few snaps you’ve seen. Is it bc he didn’t beat out the guy who was SEC offensive player of the week? Lol

Neither was Bryce young year 1 or cj stroud. Some of the best ones need a year

Obviously. I compared Nico to Dobbs earlier and as you can see by my screen name I'm a huge fan of Dobbs. As a true freshman Dobbs was a bad QB. By his sophomore year he became a star. I'm not giving up on Nico just saying he's not ready right now.

Obviously. I compared Nico to Dobbs earlier and as you can see by my screen name I'm a huge fan of Dobbs. As a true freshman Dobbs was a bad QB. By his sophomore year he became a star. I'm not giving up on Nico just saying he's not ready right now.
His sophomore year when he threw for all of 1200 yds, 9 TDs, 6 INTs, and rushed for 469 yds and 8 TDs? That guy was a star? He looked great against SCar and UK, but looked like hot garbage against Vandy and Mizzou.

His junior year, sure, you could see he was turning a corner and developing consistency as a QB, and even then, he threw for fewer than 200 yards 8 times in 13 games. But no one, not even yourself, really believed he had star-level talent as a sophomore, especially if you remove the SCar game, which was probably his best game as a Vol. And if you did somehow believe it, then it was purely based on that one game and fandom projection that he could be that player consistently, which he never was.

VN Store

Back