'26 TN QB Jared Curtis

I hope so. But thus far I'm not seeing it with Nico. He looks like a developmental QB like Dobbs as a freshmen than a ready made 5-star. Not saying he can't eventually become elite but he's a work in progress.

Jake Merklinger honestly impresses more right now than Nico. I don't think it's a given Nico is the starter over him for the next 2 seasons. He looks like a player. After Joe, I wouldn't be surprised if Merklinger and Curtis are our QBs.
You’re a clown for this take overall, but more level-headed folks on this board have said Merk will push Nico. It’s wild to think we’ve gone from hoping Harrison Bailey would be the savior of the program to landing a generational qb who’s going to face solid competition from the next class.

I saw this kid in person last year. He's good. He had good receivers to pass to but some graduated. The offense was very prolific. They have a really good skilled receiver on the team this year but I forgot if he is a junior or senior. We will be in this one but it's already been said.

I saw this kid in person last year. He's good. He had good receivers to pass to but some graduated. The offense was very prolific. They have a really good skilled receiver on the team this year but I forgot if he is a junior or senior. We will be in this one but it's already been said.
Bryson Holt is a WR they have but he’s 2026 as well

Reactions: BreatheUT
Not so fast, my friend. Jake Merklinger will have a little something to say about 25-27, and maybe even ‘24.
Perfect scenario:

Nico starts 24-25, then goes pro
Merk redshirts in 24, then starts 26-27, then goes pro
GMac redshirts in 25, then starts 28, then goes pro
Curtis redshirts in 26, then starts in 29-30

This kid is a stud. I really hope Huepel and the crew aren't taking him for granted. He needs to be our top priority regardless of class.

You should hit Heup up on Vol Calls just to make sure he isn’t slow playing the highest rated QB in the. History of the state he coaches in.

You should hit Heup up on Vol Calls just to make sure he isn’t slow playing the highest rated QB in the. History of the state he coaches in.

I don't think he's slow playing him. I just hope they don't think MacIntyre is comparable thus not placing urgent priority on him. I personally think MacIntyre won't be very good despite his 5 star rating. Curtis however looks like the real deal. To me he's the far better prospect and the guy we should prioritize.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
I don't think he's slow playing him. I just hope they don't think MacIntyre is comparable thus not placing urgent priority on him. I personally think MacIntyre won't be very good despite his 5 star rating. Curtis however looks like the real deal. To me he's the far better prospect and the guy we should prioritize.

AlarmedEnchantedHectorsdolphin-max-1mb.gif

You do realize that these kids are in completely different recruiting classes, right?

You do realize that these kids are in completely different recruiting classes, right?

Yes. But QBs care about whose ahead of them. If you tell a kid we're not even recruiting somebody in the class ahead of you because you're our guy, that can go a long way. Schools sell that to QB recruits. I would give Curtis that same treatment. Tell him he's our guy even ahead of the 2025 QBs.

Yes. But QBs care about whose ahead of them. If you tell a kid we're not even recruiting somebody in the class ahead of you because you're our guy, that can go a long way. Schools sell that to QB recruits. I would give Curtis that same treatment. Tell him he's our guy even ahead of the 2025 QBs.
Are you loco?
Nevermind....I've been around long enough to know the answer to that question.
As of next season, we will have 2 scholarship QBs again (Nico and Merklinger) if we don't add a portal guy. Now you're talking about skipping a QB in '25 completely to appease a kid in the '26 class. Hell, we really need two in that '25 class and I hope we take MacIntyre and Nico's brother(Madden). If Curtis is that good, then he won't be worried about competition and you can change your name to Curtis4Heisman.

Are you loco?
Nevermind....I've been around long enough to know the answer to that question.
As of next season, we will have 2 scholarship QBs again (Nico and Merklinger) if we don't add a portal guy. Now you're talking about skipping a QB in '25 completely to appease a kid in the '26 class. Hell, we really need two in that '25 class and I hope we take MacIntyre and Nico's brother(Madden). If Curtis is that good, then he won't be worried about competition and you can change your name to Curtis4Heisman.
While I don’t agree with him that you don’t recruit a 2025 QB, he’s right that Curtis is better than GMac. But I’m not worried about “slow playing” him. He’s a 2026 kid. He’s been to campus. Heupel is well aware how good Curtis is.

You’re the one who said you wouldn’t be surprised if Merk and Curtis were our QBs after Joe bc Nico didn’t impress you, right?

Why don’t you just sit this one out?

While I don’t agree with him that you don’t recruit a 2025 QB, he’s right that Curtis is better than GMac. But I’m not worried about “slow playing” him. He’s a 2026 kid. He’s been to campus. Heupel is well aware how good Curtis is.
There's no doubt that Curtis is impressive. The question that you have with a prospect like him is will he have peaked physically before he ever reaches campus. He's just a sophomore and already a physical specimen.

There's no doubt that Curtis is impressive. The question that you have with a prospect like him is will he have peaked physically before he ever reaches campus. He's just a sophomore and already a physical specimen.

Hated playing against what amounted to basically grown men in like 8th grade bc they physically matured so young

I hope so. But thus far I'm not seeing it with Nico. He looks like a developmental QB like Dobbs as a freshmen than a ready made 5-star. Not saying he can't eventually become elite but he's a work in progress.

Jake Merklinger honestly impresses more right now than Nico. I don't think it's a given Nico is the starter over him for the next 2 seasons. He looks like a player. After Joe, I wouldn't be surprised if Merklinger and Curtis are our QBs.
You might be right. I'm never one to take star ratings as gospel. Never know how a kid will respond when the bullets are live and they're center stage. Still, when I read things like this, I feel a bit more confident that he's a tad more than "developmental".
Iamaleava’s quarterback coach Kevin Pearson has coached the likes of Young and Matt Corral, among other top quarterbacks. Pearson believes Iamaleava, who is from Warren High School in Downey, Calif., will be one of the top quarterbacks in college football very soon.

Yeah you can't bet the most significant position on the field on one kid for the next 2 cycles.

Idc who you're impressed with, in the days of the Portal you have to bring a QB in every year because it's too easy for them to leave if they don't like the situation that you're referencing.

With that in mind you might as well try to bring in the best QB you can get in the cycle every single year. If the Curtis kid would be scared of the competition then he probably won't thrive anyway.

Not saying the kid is scared of comp but that's what you're insinuating.

VN Store

Back