'25 TN RB Daune Morris (USC commit)

I know, I just kind of hope the anonymous recruit is at a greater position of need than RB.. preferably DT or another OT
I have not seen one of our backup rb’s show sec talent yet. Who is going to replace Sampson. Bishop? Sheldon is always hurt, who knows how good he is. Am I missing some great back being red shirted?

Reactions: Smokey19rt
I have not seen one of our backup rb’s show sec talent yet. Who is going to replace Sampson. Bishop? Sheldon is always hurt, who knows how good he is. Am I missing some great back being red shirted?
Lewis has played this season and has looked good. Bishop is starting caliber RB.
Yeah “Seldon” needs practice reps to get his body used to the grind

Yeah, I think the big reason they were ok with backing off was because Bishop showed out in spring and summer workouts and they knew what they had in Sampson. Seldon and Lewis will be ready next year.
I don’t think we ever pursued especially after finding out how much they wanted. Interest was blown up on their end to up the bidding of other teams, imo.

I think Peyton Lewis is going to be really good in this offense but the poster is not wrong. Bishop is a good role player but not a guy you want being THE guy
I disagree on that. Sampson has more carries but Bishop is averaging more per carry.
Sampson 5.9 and Bishop 6.9

He runs hard. Blocks at least as well as Sampson. He can catch. He can turn the corner.
Great vision. Doesn’t have the top end speed of Sampson but who does?

Just like Sampson needed an opportunity to be the guy, that’s all Bishop needs. He’s the reason they didn’t get a transfer portal RB after Seldon had surgery.

We sure this is the mystery recruit? They made it sound on the pod today that they still weren’t sure this kid visits or if he’s over his hurt feelings of us wanting a bigger back.

Far cry from the notion that the M.R. reached out to our staff after not taking their calls. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: TrippieRedd
I disagree on that. Sampson has more carries but Bishop is averaging more per carry.
Sampson 5.9 and Bishop 6.9

He runs hard. Blocks at least as well as Sampson. He can catch. He can turn the corner.
Great vision. Doesn’t have the top end speed of Sampson but who does?

Just like Sampson needed an opportunity to be the guy, that’s all Bishop needs. He’s the reason they didn’t get a transfer portal RB after Seldon had surgery.
Yeah I mean Bishop wouldn’t be bad or anything. He falls forward to a greater extent than I’ve ever seen. But you take away the big play. He’s going to do his job well but that job is grinding out the yards on early downs to set up the offense or getting the short to-go situations imo. Could be good goal line back but tbd on him as a receiver

Reactions: NighthawkVol
scotland dover & bear mcwhorter as well '26 IOL but it appears we are slow playing both, watching their development
I worry about next year's OL. Coop, Spraggins, and Campbell definitely gone. Not sure if Karic is out of eligibility or not. Have to hope Elarbee finally has some of his high school recruits ready to play, plus I think we still have to hit on a couple of transfer portal OL.

I worry about next year's OL. Coop, Spraggins, and Campbell definitely gone. Not sure if Karic is out of eligibility or not. Have to hope Elarbee finally has some of his high school recruits ready to play, plus I think we still have to hit on a couple of transfer portal OL.

Karic has another year

Reactions: DaddyChad

VN Store

Back