'18 TN RB Jeremy Banks (UT signee)

247 summer workout standouts article...

— Freshman running back Jeremy Banks, a former three-star prospect from Cordova (Tenn.) High School, has impressed teammates and coaches with his combination of size and athleticism since arriving on campus in May. Multiple sources have said Tennessee’s staff is eager to see what Banks can do in contact work during preseason camp. He’s the type of back who’s more likely to thrive in pads than in 7-on-7 work, but he already has shown enough quickness as a 211-pound freshman to suggest he has a chance to play at least a part-time role in the Vols’ backfield.

Banks and Michigan State graduate transfer Madre London, a fifth-year senior, both could be counted on this season. Sophomore Trey Coleman was the only bigger running back the Vols had at their disposal during spring practice earlier this year, so first-year coach Jeremy Pruitt and his staff naturally are eager to see what Banks and the 6-foot-1, 213-pound London can do during camp.

Reactions: 5 people
They have. For some reason coming out of HS I thought he would be bigger than he was last yr. i guess not having a good strength program was part of that

I thought he looked bigger in his film also, but he looked real small in the AA-game.

He’s 201 now according to the new weight/height stats released. He was 15 pounds lighter in HS (187~) where he still trucked guys despite not being a “heavy back”. Watch any of his highlights from last year, he rarely goes down from just one tackler. Can’t wait to see him this year.

Reactions: 2 people
TY has good frame. He’ll never be huge but he could play every down if he manages to ever get to 215. A good weight to match his tough demeanor.

Jordan looked really good. That is going to be a heck of a battle.

Battle?

Nah...
All 4 will be used. It's possible to see 2 or even 3 lined up in formation together.
Pro-Set: with Banks London, Jordan slot
Staggered: London (Hback) Jordan and Chandler slot.

All 4 backs can run and catch.

Reactions: 2 people
Battle?

Nah...
All 4 will be used. It's possible to see 2 or even 3 lined up in formation together.

I like it. I like it a lot.

Reactions: 1 person
Battle?

Nah...

What do you consider a battle of multiple backs fighting for the top spot isn't one?

Reactions: 4 people
Battle?

Nah...

Yeah no way we see 3 backs on the field at once unless it’s some kind of wildcat or something. None of those guys block as well as our actual H-backs and none of our RBs are such good receivers that we’ll take a slot WR off the field.

I can get going two RBs if we think we can get a mismatch by putting someone like Chandler in the slot or something like that, but taking an H-Back and a slot WR off the field to get Chandler, London, and Banks or Jordan on the field together at the same time is a Madden strategy, not something we’ll see.

Reactions: 3 people
yeah no way we see 3 backs on the field at once unless it’s some kind of wildcat or something. None of those guys block as well as our actual h-backs and none of our rbs are such good receivers that we’ll take a slot wr off the field.

I can get going two rbs if we think we can get a mismatch by putting someone like chandler in the slot or something like that, but taking an h-back and a slot wr off the field to get chandler, london, and banks or jordan on the field together at the same time is a madden strategy, not something we’ll see.
👀

Yeah no way we see 3 backs on the field at once unless it’s some kind of wildcat or something. None of those guys block as well as our actual H-backs and none of our RBs are such good receivers that we’ll take a slot WR off the field.

I can get going two RBs if we think we can get a mismatch by putting someone like Chandler in the slot or something like that, but taking an H-Back and a slot WR off the field to get Chandler, London, and Banks or Jordan on the field together at the same time is a Madden strategy, not something we’ll see.

So says you.

If you watched the spring game.
Jordan played in the slot some. Chandler played TB.
And we've seen him take jet sweeps.

We may not see 3. Or barely two.
But you don't know. You really don't know. Not you...

Point is, they will all be used
Maybe Fant as well.

Stick around buddy 👍

So says you.

If you watched the spring game.
Jordan played in the slot some. Chandler played TB.
And we've seen him take jet sweeps.

We may not see 3. Or barely two.
But you don't know. You really don't know. Not you...

Point is, they will all be used
Maybe Fant as well.

Stick around buddy 👍
Yeah I’m not a member of the staff so I can’t say for sure we won’t see 3 RBs on the field. But I also can’t say we won’t see 5 TEs on the field at once lol it doesn’t take an insider or a football savant to conclude that neither make much sense.

The fact that Chandler took a jet sweep and Jordan lined up in the slot in the spring doesn’t lend any credence to your idea of us putting 3 RBs on the field at once this year. I don’t think many would say that seeing us put 2 RBs on the field at once is out of the question though.

Reactions: 3 people
Battle?

Nah...

I’m so dang excited to think about having smash mouth football back at UT again . I like the spread and all when we want to go to it but I want Tennessee to be known for lining up and busting you in the mouth to get those tough yards or to break one from the LOS .

-Just a wish I know but if we line up in a power I at any time against WV the security at the stadium will
Probably have to beat our fans down with clubs . lol

Reactions: 4 people
I’m so dang excited to think about having smash mouth football back at UT again . I like the spread and all when we want to go to it but I want Tennessee to be known for lining up and busting you in the mouth to get those tough yards or to break one from the LOS .

-Just a wish I know but if we line up in a power I at any time against WV the security at the stadium will
Probably have to beat our fans down with clubs . lol
Power football and the spread aren’t mutually exclusive. While I understand longing for the days of a traditional goal line formation with two or three tight end sets when we need to score, I think this offense will try to implement aspects of both and wear the other team down while spreading the field

Power football and the spread aren’t mutually exclusive. While I understand longing for the days of a traditional goal line formation with two or three tight end sets when we need to score, I think this offense will try to implement aspects of both and wear the other team down while spreading the field

I’m good with that and understand the need , I just want other teams to fear our hard nosed running attack . We get to that point and it will open everything else up .

VN Store

Back