'20 TN RB Tee Hodge (UT SIGNEE)

“Tee is a perfect combination of size and speed. He’s got a great pairing of those two traits. He’s a hard worker and one of those kids you have to run out of the weight room. He’ll be a great player. The numbers speak for themselves. He’s (gained) the weight and hasn’t gotten any slower in our times. In fact, he’s gotten a little faster. He’s gotten bigger and maintained his speed, and probably gotten a little quicker. With this size now, his durability will be better. He has high expectations for himself. He’s added really good weight.”
— Maryville head coach Derek Hunt

“He’s a big, strong athlete. A really hard worker,” Alcoa head coach Gary Rankin, who has faced Hodge each season, said.

“He’s probably as good (of a running back) that we’ve faced since I’ve been at Alcoa. We’ve had some in that category but he’s certainly the real deal. The first thing I look for in any great player is what kind of person they are and Tee is a great person.”

VolQuest - Impact Analysis: Tee Hodge

BOOOOM

Kate-Boom.gif

There will be snide comments about where he is ranked... but I like to see us land a kid from Maryville HS. It is the best public high school program in east Tennessee, even though they don't produce many major college prospects. I can think of Carl Stewart (Auburn), Cade Thompson (South Carolina) Nick Black (Clemson), Patton Robinette (Vanderbilt) and Dylan Jackson (Stanford). The only one I can think of who signed with Tennessee was Aaron Douglas (R.I.P) and he wound up at Alabama.

Edit: Just remembered a kid named Tyler Maples from Maryville, who signed with Tennessee near the end of Fulmer's tenure, but he never played and transferred out after Kiffin was hired.

Their C was really good a few years ago. I think he was Clemscum’s C on the team with Watson that won the title a few years ago. Guillermo?

VN Store

Back