'26 TN TE Carson Sneed (Tennessee commit)

The Scout​

Sneed is currently rated as the No.175 overall prospect and the No.9 tight end in the 2026 class, according to the On3 Rankings. Volquest caught up with On3 Director of Scouting and Rankings, Charles Power, to get his thoughts on Sneed.

โ€œI think for starters, he has a large frame at 6-5.5 and over 230 pounds heading into his junior season. I think just from an overall skillset perspective, he looks like a future inline tight end, who I think is gonna be at his best lining up with his hand in the ground playing attached,โ€ Power said. โ€œAnd I think when you look at kind of what he brings to the table as a receiving option and just with his overall size, and upside as a blocker, I think he certainly projects best as an inline tight end. I think Sneed is probably at his most comfortable working across the middle of the field using his body to shield defenders in contested catch situations. Heโ€™s effective working off of play action. I think he shows the ability to go up and get the ball at its highest point in jump ball scenarios. And I think he has some solid run-after-the-catch ability as well. I think heโ€™s going to have no problem continuing to put on weight. It is the guy I could see playing at 260 pounds.โ€

โ€œSo I think when you look at kind of what he brings to the Tennessee offense, I think this is a guy whoโ€™s going to be, assuming he continues to improve physically and adjusts to the uptick in competition, I think he is the guy who has the potential to project as a plus runner and a guy who can provide a physical presence in the run game, while having the ability to work off of play action and win when he draws favorable matchups in coverage.โ€

โ€œThis is a nice pickup for Tennessee. Obviously, one of the top in-state prospects in the 2026 cycle, and this is a guy, when you look at what he brings to the table at this point to us, looks most ideal as an attached, big inline tight end. Looking forward to how he plays as a Junior at Donelson Christian. Big pickup for Tennessee as the Vols build up some more momentum in not only the 2025 class but the 2026 class.โ€

What does this mean for the tight end room?​

This is another nice addition for Alec Abeln, who has continued to crush the recruiting trail over the last six months. Sneed has been a priority for the Vols for some time, with his older brother, Dayton, already on the team. Landing the four-star, who had a shortlist of finalists including Auburn, Ole Miss, and Ohio State, felt like a must for the Vols in the 2026 cycle, and to secure his commitment this early just keeps momentum building for a room that has a bright future ahead.

On3โ€™s Steve Wiltfong also shared his thoughts on what Sneedโ€™s addition means for Tennessee in the 2026 cycle.

โ€œCarson Sneed was one of the most coveted TEs early in the 2026 cycle,โ€ Wiltfong told Volquest. โ€œA big-framed, huge catch radius, exciting playmaker that has the traits to stretch the field and also be dominant in the red zone. Heโ€™s always wanted to be a Vol and will bring that passion and energy with him to Knoxville.โ€

-VQ

VN Store

Back