TN vs Oklahoma opens at +3.5

These lines might shift pretty dramatically this weekend. Oklahoma is on upset alert with Tulane coming into town. Tulane nearly upset 14th ranked K-State last week, putting up nearly 500 yards of offense. They also held a pretty good K-State offense in check for most of the game.

Doesn't mean a thing. Notre Dame was favored by 28.5. Kentucky was favored last week, we can go on and on.

No it means something. Just not what you're thinking. Point spreads aren't a prediction of who will win. In a one game sample anything can happen (i.e. Notre Dame losing last week to Northern Illinois). Point spreads are instead a measure of how a team is power rated. It's why Notre Dame would be a huge favorite again this weekend if they were to play Northern Illinois again.

These huge shifts in Tennessee's point spreads means that Vegas messed up in their preseason power rating of Tennessee. Vegas thought Tennessee would be a top 15 caliber team this year which is why the point spreads were what they were going into the season. Two weeks in Vegas has realized Tennessee is actually be a top 5 caliber team this year so they've adjusted the point spreads accordingly. These sorts to huge adjustments just two weeks into a season is rare. It just goes to show that our Vols have been extremely impressive through two weeks and the sharp betters as well as Vegas have noticed.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
You still need to prepare properly, being half ass will get a player injured. Fans can be half-ass but need to share the blame along with the team for not playing up to par. The overlooked scenario has played out thousands of time since the beginning of football and usually ends bad.
This is a jv game. It's vs one of the absolute worst teams in football. Let's stop with the hand wringing and move on to OU

These lines might shift pretty dramatically this weekend. Oklahoma is on upset alert with Tulane coming into town. Tulane nearly upset 14th ranked K-State last week, putting up nearly 500 yards of offense. They also held a pretty good K-State offense in check for most of the game.
terrible 3Q by Tulane flipped the game and scoop and score sealed the KSU W

This Oklahoma game is a freshman QBs first true road game. I wouldn't touch this game. If Nico gets comfortable we could win big but he could also struggle.
What’s different about this team, compared to the previous 3 under CJH is that we’re a complete team. Defense and running the football travels.

On fanduel Tulane is 13.5 point dogs to OU. Definitely considering making a move there. Hell I might take the Green Wave ML
If you haven’t, watch that UH at OU fiasco. UH got screwed on a muff call to start the game, then later to seal the game. OU didn’t score at all from 12:30 second quarter until the FG with less than two minutes in the game.

If you haven’t, watch that UH at OU fiasco. UH got screwed on a muff call to start the game, then later to seal the game. OU didn’t score at all from 12:30 second quarter until the FG with less than two minutes in the game.
I had it on in the background in the SECN, I didn’t pay much attention, but OU didn’t look great. I’ll have to take a look at that call.

I already did as part of a 4 leg parlay to pay out $250. Taking OU on the moneyline to offset it.
Auburn screwed me the other day on a 4 legger that would’ve paid out $320+. Should’ve known better, but to Cal at home? This isn’t Desean Jackson and Marshawn Lynch on that squad. That’s 2024 ACC Cal. GMAFB Barners.

You still need to prepare properly, being half ass will get a player injured. Fans can be half-ass but need to share the blame along with the team for not playing up to par. The overlooked scenario has played out thousands of time since the beginning of football and usually ends bad.
I know this won't happen, but I actually think we should prepare for Oklahoma for two weeks instead of wasting time preparing for Kent State. Treat the Kent State game like what it is, a scrimmage.

I know this won't happen, but I actually think we should prepare for Oklahoma for two weeks instead of wasting time preparing for Kent State. Treat the Kent State game like what it is, a scrimmage.
All I’m saying if the coaches ignore KS it sends a message to the players that Saturday’s game is meaningless. You go into the the game half ass and the next thing you know a player is loafing down the field and gets decleated. Anybody who’s played enough ball knows when a player plays over confident it’s a recipe for an injury.

No doubt we can beat KS without much preparation but what about our next games when we have only one week to prepare. Stick to the process.

Last edited:
I thought it would be -3.5 in favor of us. There are many varibles to consider for us like Hypes homecoming, Nicos first true road game, have we actualy only played cupcakes or are we really that good. I feel like Coach Hype is gonna have us ready and make a huge statement. That statement is "Look, i wonthe Hiesman for yall and coached for ya and ya fired me. Now im gonna unleash a man sized SEC beatdown to show ya what ya threw away." And so a new heated rivalry begins! Vols by fiddy boom boom real soon soon m.f.rs!
He didn't win the Hiesman.

Vols -2 on DK. I’m still gonna bet the house. OUs OL is horrible. They’re gonna struggle to score a single point in this game. Their offense is beat up bad. I wouldn’t be surprised if Tulane beat them Saturday.
I'm only responding to say I'm a fan of the video of which your avi is a part of. It's spiritually uplifting.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Where does one go to place bets on college games more than one Saturday away? I went to the MGM Sport book site, then a couple others, and can only see menus for betting on Week 3 (ie. tomorrow's games).

VN Store

Back