TN vs Oklahoma opens at +3.5

Might be ancient history, but problems still seem to crop up like they did with Brady Cook at Mizzou last year.

Lol, I hope you're right and my concern is pure BVS and memories of 2001 SEC championship MVP Matt Mauk.

View attachment 677055
Nothing that happened while Joe Milton was QB is relevant.

Might be ancient history, but problems still seem to crop up like they did with Brady Cook at Mizzou last year.

Lol, I hope you're right and my concern is pure BVS and memories of 2001 SEC championship MVP Matt Mauk.

View attachment 677055
Also, you’re cherry picking. We beat Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson and Jayden Daniels. Three of the best dual threat QBs in recent SEC history.

Also, you’re cherry picking. We beat Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson and Jayden Daniels. Three of the best dual threat QBs in recent SEC history.
That's a very good point. Also Mertz and Millroe.

Also it could be my negative bias from years of watching second string QBs come in and convert third and fourth downs over and over...

If this Vol team, rolls into Norman Oklahoma, and throttles the Sooners, get ready, because the hype machine is going to be insane and the next 2 games against the gators and tide, in Neyland stadium, are going to be a hell of a lot of fun!!

Edit.
I forgot about Arkansas
Rode the CTV 🍊⚾️ hype train and it ended well. I am ready for CJH to keep us moving.

Anyone that thinks this will be anything other than a slobber knocker, in Norman...is setting themselves up for disappointment.
Exactly! The fans thinking we are just going to blow them out are just delirious. The last 2 years those same fans said the same thing on the road about SCe,Fla and Mizzou..And we all know we got our brakes beat off all 3 times. I love the way we're playing, but the overconfidence is mind-blowing. I really see why so many people hate us TN fans. I hope we beat OU by 60, but I'll take a 3 to win. We are NOT going to blow them out. Heup's teams tend to struggle on the road. Hope I'm wrong! GBO

Exactly! The fans thinking we are just going to blow them out are just delirious. The last 2 years those same fans said the same thing on the road about SCe,Fla and Mizzou..And we all know we got our brakes beat off all 3 times. I love the way we're playing, but the overconfidence is mind-blowing. I really see why so many people hate TN fans. I hope we beat OU by 60, but I'll take a 3 to win.
45-17

SC had our signals. Nothing that happened while Milton was QB is relevant.

I am fairly confident we get the W in Norman. However I wouldn't touch this game spread. A couple things come to mind with Nico and first road test being the main one. I do think we are the more talented team. Now we must earn it.

I am fairly confident we get the W in Norman. However I wouldn't touch this game spread. A couple things come to mind with Nico and first road test being the main one. I do think we are the more talented team. Now we must earn it.
Me as well...lots of folks don't realize that THIS is actually Nicos first real road game in a hostile environment.

Hopefully, he doesn't do like some QBs in the past and play well at home but struggle to do anything on the road.

Reactions: BigALWiLson
Exactly! The fans thinking we are just going to blow them out are just delirious. The last 2 years those same fans said the same thing on the road about SCe,Fla and Mizzou..And we all know we got our brakes beat off all 3 times. I love the way we're playing, but the overconfidence is mind-blowing. I really see why so many people hate us TN fans. I hope we beat OU by 60, but I'll take a 3 to win. We are NOT going to blow them out. Heup's teams tend to struggle on the road. Hope I'm wrong! GBO
The current defense vs 2022/2023 defense is the major difference in the situations you reference.

Also, the offensive firepower of Rattler and Cook with their respective receivers is far different that what OU is currently running onto the field. Jackson Arnold has the ability and one really dynamic receiver but OU hasn't been able to put it together yet.

Tradition says thus should be a tight game late. Recent performance (in my opinion) says the Vols have a great chance to run away with it.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back