'25 TN WR Joakim Dodson (Tennessee commit)

Impact Analysis: Vols land in-state WR Joakim Dodson​

Volquest caught up with On3 Director of Scouting and Rankings Charles Power as he shared his insight on what Tennessee is getting in the Memphis-area receiver.

“Joakim Dodson first came on my radar and flashed to me when I was watching some of Collierville’s early season games last fall,” Power told Volquest. “He had a number of fantastic grabs in those games. This was kind of as he was coming on the scene as a Power Five prospect. I think first off, he is a functional, coordinated mover. When you watch Dodson run his routes, he shows good burst, good acceleration and has good lateral change of direction at the top of his routes. I think he projects as a guy that is going to be able to seperate with his route running ability and functional movement skills. I think he shows the ability to attack all areas of the field. This is guy who has multi-phase ability as a receiver, in addition to the route running. He shows the ability to win at the catch point. He can elevate and hang in the air and come down with contested catches in traffic. Also shows the ability to track the ball over his shoulder once he creates seperation down the field, and he can work over the middle and pick up yards as well. I think he has a well-rounded skill-set.”

-VQ

If he's one of the top 3 on the board, then we are in trouble with recruiting with all the eliter WR talent out there that should be lining up to play with Nico and GM...
For the love of God...shut up. No one takes you seriously on this board...especially when you use words like "eliter".

A little background on this kid.
Very good basketball player. He's athletic enough to create his own shot, and aggressive rebounder.

Had 200 yards and 2 TDs as a freshman at MUS.
MUS plays top competition in the state of Tennessee.

Father was a good college WR at Memphis, and Joakim is just as good except taller.
- Good vertical
- Good Quickness
- Good Hands
- Good speed

He's a kid that will get better and better each year in the program and he'll be a strong contributor.
Take all day- even though there are many good WRs in this class

Word. Welcome to Rocky Top young man.

VN Store

Back