To you who "thought Sal was coaching"

Other_Guy

foolishFool
You are trully retarded fans who have zero knowledge of football. To even consider the product we saw today is similar to the defense that got SPANKED by Vanderbilt and Troy is trully the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Perhaps you didn't mean literally, just alluding to the fact they were bad. Yes, they were bad. Yet for the 1st few series I saw a much MUCH improved defense from last year. Tackling wasn't awful and they could actually contain the run plays.
Obviously, you don't realize how good Oregon is and how much speed KILLS UT because UT isn't build for that (see Alabama for slight example). Talent is LOW and depth is LOW and I thought those players played hard for what they're worth and had.
Did I expect better? Yes. CBJ and offensive play calling is not what I'm talking about right now. I always hated how Bama fans thought they were always invincible even during down years and always came up with excuses to why they lost-a fluke or didn't play like they can. Heck, at least they stand behind their team and believe in them. Some of you I don't understand why you even watch the games.

Reactions: 18 people
Could not be a worse opening opponent for an upstart team with a new coach and ZERO playmakers. It's great to be a Vol but gotta suck to be a Vol coach. Hope CBJ has security when he lands in Knoxville.

Reactions: 1 person
Op is just stupid n doesn't see the big picture..

All summer all we heard was about how this staff n hc was different n tn wouldnt get beat like years past because butch gets it..this team this n this staff that.. n then they lay a big fat egg...yes that's disappointing n should piss off every freaking vol fan n supporter..

This was not normal or acceptable so what did u expect everyone to say it OK to get blown out but lets all have coffee..

I've got an idea: let's fire everyone again--hire a new coaching staff and watch the same **** happen again. Seriously people, this isn't all going to be fixed with one hire. Oregon didn't just win because of some new fangled thing like speed (although that helped). They win because of continuity and stability--TWO things UT football hasn't had in quite sometime.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people

All summer all we heard was about how this staff n hc was different n tn wouldnt get beat like years past because butch gets it..this team this n this staff that.. n then they lay a big fat egg...yes that's disappointing n should piss off every freaking vol fan n supporter..

This was not normal or acceptable so what did u expect everyone to say it OK to get blown out but lets all have coffee..

Obviously, English classes were not taken seriously in '92.

Reactions: 12 people

Read my post carefully dude. I was strickly talking about the defense.

And to the other poster, my other post was meaning I've never seen such meltdown on here they're going crazy lol

Oregon will go undefeated and win the national title this year. I got mad today but the truth is we do not have a Qb or RB..There were receivers open but Worley knows he cannot put the ball in that small Window so he continued to check down. He also has to learn to run to keep defense guessing or this offense cannot work.Rajion Neal still thinks he can take it outside and run past everyone when he can't. Marlin Lane can be decent but he just does not get enough carries. I am so ready for Jalen Hurd and Paulk next year.

Hey OP do u realize that Bray just threw the Vandy game last year and put it in the hands of the D??? That's why he was taken out during the game. Geeezzzz yall r now flaming out and this is why we never get anywhere. Smh.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

You are trully retarded fans who have zero knowledge of football. To even consider the product we saw today is similar to the defense that got SPANKED by Vanderbilt and Troy is trully the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Perhaps you didn't mean literally, just alluding to the fact they were bad. Yes, they were bad. Yet for the 1st few series I saw a much MUCH improved defense from last year. Tackling wasn't awful and they could actually contain the run plays.

Sal's defense looked pretty good early against NC State as well - so what - we all know how things turned soon after that. It's really reaching to give this defense any credit after what happened tonight. Oregon could have scored 100 if they wanted after they got going (I had a feeling they could keep running their offense for 2 days straight and our defense would never stop them - what does that say about the ability of our coaches to make adjustments)?

Reactions: 3 people
Oregon will go undefeated and win the national title this year.

I hate to say this but I think Bama will go undefeated and win another NC this year (Saban will systematically take apart that spread offense if Oregon even makes it to the title game - just like LSU did a few years ago).

Last edited:
I'm not stupid. I get Oregon is really good but the d stopped playing lets be honest. They have up big play and said "hey Oregon have another." Sure looked the same. Butch and Co have a lot of coaching to do

Last edited:
I'm bot stupid. I get Oregon is really good but the d stopped playing lets be honest. They have up big play and said "hey Oregon have another." Sure looked the same. Butch and Co have a lot of coaching to do

Dude, smart type let you down. Sober up, then come back and talk.

VN Store

Back