To you who "thought Sal was coaching"

You must of forgotten about the Ky debacle. That happened because we couldn't score.

That was one very bad game but most of the time Chaney's offense scored more than enough (certainly last year they did their part and if it wasn't for Sal's defense we could have finished with a very nice record - if it was not for incredibly bad defense last year we would have easily beaten UGA, USCjr, MState and probably UF as well - of course if we would have won those games players would have also tried much harder and beaten Vandy as well).

Reactions: 1 person
Umm....

If we had a poll at the beginning of the year asking what vol fans thought our W/L record will be this year, which I think we did, and the majority of vol fans picked 6-6, 7-5, or 8-4, which I think was the most popular realistic picks of all vol fans who participated

How many of you didn't think the # 2 team in the country Oregon was going to be one of those losses?

Yesterday ended last night. I'm ready to move on.

Bobby Bowden lost his first 3 games of his first year at FSU. One of those games was a 47-0 blow out loss to Miami. They were 5-7 that year.

It's a good thing those fans continued to support their new coach. He went 10-2 the next year and is one of the winningest coaches in college football.

Lets just take a deep breath and chill and enjoy the experience of whatching the process unfold. GO VOLS!

Op is just stupid n doesn't see the big picture..

All summer all we heard was about how this staff n hc was different n tn wouldnt get beat like years past because butch gets it..this team this n this staff that.. n then they lay a big fat egg...yes that's disappointing n should piss off every freaking vol fan n supporter..

This was not normal or acceptable so what did u expect everyone to say it OK to get blown out but lets all have coffee..

Wow what do ya know a first year coaching staff that didn't live up to everything the said. Lets fire tham all right? Why should the loss piss everybody off? The only ones who are/were pissed are the ones who are not rational vol fans.

No rational Vol fan should have expected anything less than what happened in Oregon. Those like you who cannot except this loss have a long way to go.

You are trully retarded fans who have zero knowledge of football. To even consider the product we saw today is similar to the defense that got SPANKED by Vanderbilt and Troy is trully the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Perhaps you didn't mean literally, just alluding to the fact they were bad. Yes, they were bad. Yet for the 1st few series I saw a much MUCH improved defense from last year. Tackling wasn't awful and they could actually contain the run plays.
Obviously, you don't realize how good Oregon is and how much speed KILLS UT because UT isn't build for that (see Alabama for slight example). Talent is LOW and depth is LOW and I thought those players played hard for what they're worth and had.
Did I expect better? Yes. CBJ and offensive play calling is not what I'm talking about right now. I always hated how Bama fans thought they were always invincible even during down years and always came up with excuses to why they lost-a fluke or didn't play like they can. Heck, at least they stand behind their team and believe in them. Some of you I don't understand why you even watch the games.

To those responding to this with "Sal didn't give up 59"...Well no, he didn't. In that respect, you're right, but that is where it ends...

Last year, they gave up...
51 to Georgia. Their offense is good, but not on Oregon's level. Not even close.

41 to Miss. State. It's Miss. State. No explanation needed.

48 to Troy. Troy.......48 to TROY....Troy...

51 to Missouri. If this were the Missouri with Chase Daniels and Jeremy Maclin, semi-understandable. This was the Missouri team that went 5-7, and 2-6 in the SEC.

41 to Vandy. The state of Tennessee's proverbial "red-headed stepchild" who should be begging for mercy.

Had Sal been the DC against Oregon last Saturday, Oregon could have tried to intentionally give us pick-6's, and they still would've scored. Triple digits would have been easily attainable with him as our DC.

...48 points...to Troy.:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
You are trully retarded fans who have zero knowledge of football. To even consider the product we saw today is similar to the defense that got SPANKED by Vanderbilt and Troy is trully the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Perhaps you didn't mean literally, just alluding to the fact they were bad. Yes, they were bad. Yet for the 1st few series I saw a much MUCH improved defense from last year. Tackling wasn't awful and they could actually contain the run plays.
Obviously, you don't realize how good Oregon is and how much speed KILLS UT because UT isn't build for that (see Alabama for slight example). Talent is LOW and depth is LOW and I thought those players played hard for what they're worth and had.
Did I expect better? Yes. CBJ and offensive play calling is not what I'm talking about right now. I always hated how Bama fans thought they were always invincible even during down years and always came up with excuses to why they lost-a fluke or didn't play like they can. Heck, at least they stand behind their team and believe in them. Some of you I don't understand why you even watch the games.

look in the mirror if you want to see truely retarded. the only difference was a 3-4 and 4-3. blown coverages, players with no clue what they were doing. yes looked a lot like last years squad. if you thought that tackling wasn't awful then you sir know nothing at all about football. that is the first thing they need to work on. lesson one how to tackle.

To those responding to this with "Sal didn't give up 59"...Well no, he didn't. In that respect, you're right, but that is where it ends...

Last year, they gave up...
51 to Georgia. Their offense is good, but not on Oregon's level. Not even close.

41 to Miss. State. It's Miss. State. No explanation needed.

48 to Troy. Troy.......48 to TROY....Troy...

51 to Missouri. If this were the Missouri with Chase Daniels and Jeremy Maclin, semi-understandable. This was the Missouri team that went 5-7, and 2-6 in the SEC.

41 to Vandy. The state of Tennessee's proverbial "red-headed stepchild" who should be begging for mercy.

Had Sal been the DC against Oregon last Saturday, Oregon could have tried to intentionally give us pick-6's, and they still would've scored. Triple digits would have been easily attainable with him as our DC.

...48 points...to Troy.:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

If Sal were the defensive coordinator against Oregon who know the all time scoring record of 222 might have been challenged.:yuck::eek: Sal truly sucked.

That was one very bad game but most of the time Chaney's offense scored more than enough (certainly last year they did their part and if it wasn't for Sal's defense we could have finished with a very nice record - if it was not for incredibly bad defense last year we would have easily beaten UGA, USCjr, MState and probably UF as well - of course if we would have won those games players would have also tried much harder and beaten Vandy as well).

In 2010 and 2011 Chaney's offenses weren't good. Give Butch Bray, CP, and Hunter, he would win.

Could not be a worse opening opponent for an upstart team with a new coach and ZERO playmakers. It's great to be a Vol but gotta suck to be a Vol coach. Hope CBJ has security when he lands in Knoxville.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0mYreTd72k[/youtube]

In 2010 and 2011 Chaney's offenses weren't good. Give Butch Bray, CP, and Hunter, he would win.

Let's wait and see Butch recruit his own version of CP and Hunter like players and revisit this in a couple of years. I hope he does but right now I don't have much confidence our current OC will ever put together an offense that scores as much as Chaney's did last year.

Let's wait and see Butch recruit his own version of CP and Hunter like players and revisit this in a couple of years. I hope he does but right now I don't have much confidence our current OC will ever put together an offense that scores as much as Chaney's did last year.

We will have to. I honestly already think he has and will. This is only week three, and we are barely at the beginning of our progression.

VN Store

Back