Tommy Bowden fired...(merged)

Based on Terry Don Phillips' hiring record, I'd imagine he'll put the full-court press on Muschamp. He likes fiery guys (Dirk Koetter, Les Miles, Mike Gundy).

It's all out the table now, since the press conference is almost over. We'll here from Dabo Swinney after practice this afternoon. I doubt Swinney starts Willy Korn Saturday.

That actually might be true because I think it really irks Spence to even put Korn in mop up duty at the end of games. With Spence gone we'll give Willy the reigns and see what he can do.

Please God, make Hamilton or the boosters pull the trigger sooner rather than later. That is my prayer.

Sorry if it has already been said, but if Clemson can fire Bowden a couple of months after extending his contract, then why can't we do the same?

We have not gotten any better over the course of 6 games.

We are off to our worst start in 20 years.

Also, over our past 29 conference games, we are a whopping 14-15. That is pathetic. Majors was 21-7-1 over his last 29 conference games as HC.

I am all for "showing our backbone and not quitting or giving up", but at some point changes need to be made for the sake of the program, its players, alumni, and fans. Whatever is best for Tennessee Football needs to be done, as has clearly not been the case in recent history!

A caller to Bobby Johnson's radio show just brought up the Clemson opening. The caller stated his belief that Bobby will be at Clemson next season and asked the Coach to please take Vandy to a bowl game before he leaves. CBJ did not say anything about whether he has been contacted by Clemson, only that he is focused on UGA.

Why?...He owns USCe...You sound like a brain dead Bama fan :crazy:

I was thinking the same thing.

And I can't believe Harper said that about TB. Classless. I personally think this move is a couple of years overdue. It'll be interesting to see how this pans out. I was looking forward to seeing Will Korn take over behind center, but I'm assuming I'll have to wait a little longer now.

I guess we should hope they win out so they do not take an eligible coach off the market.

Clemson is not going to win out. They have no offensive line and a banged up D. Mashed taters all the way to the end. Nothing could be finer in carolina.:dance2:

Clemson is not going to win out. They have no offensive line and a banged up D. Mashed taters all the way to the end. Nothing could be finer in carolina.:dance2:

I never understood why South Carolina fans refer to Clemson fans as "taters."

Fill me in...

This pisses me off because now TN's going to get 2nd pick.

Why? Most coaches probably consider Tennessee a better job, unless they would rather coach in the easier conference, and if that's the case, we don't want them anyway.

Why? Most coaches probably consider Tennessee a better job, unless they would rather coach in the easier conference, and if that's the case, we don't want them anyway.
the timing of this decision, to me, was to get a head start on having the "pick of the litter."

Kiffin is unemployed, among others.

What's are the advantages of taking a job mid-season? Why not wait until the season is over and let somebody else finish the losing cause this year?

Does Clemson have a good O-line coach?

I never understood why South Carolina fans refer to Clemson fans as "taters."

Fill me in...

They are jealous of the grass we have here in the upstate to grow food on and just plain enjoy being on. There's a lot of crime down there on the concrete of Columbia, mostly fueled by the players Spurrier recruits (cough, Garcia, cough.)

I think he Fulmer show be just like Bowden. Realize that there is a need for the program, and to step down would only make the program better. Quit being a selfish fat *$#! and resign!

Bowden out as Clemson coach after 9 1/2 seasons - College Football - Rivals.com

"About an hour after getting the job, Swinney dismissed the team’s offensive coordinator Rob Spence, another target of fan criticism."

This article may have already been posted, but it really is such an ironic turn of events. Spence, who had a chance to come to UT and be at the front of the cue for an HFC job at a more elite program, stays at Clemson only to get fired.

Wow... at least we know Clawson is a smarter man than that. It seems Spence and Crompton may have processed defenses at about the same speed.

VN Store

Back