Tommy Bowden fired...(merged)

He'd be a logical candidate, but I just don't know if Clemson could stomach the idea of hiring a coach from Vandy.

that's what I was thinking as well. If Bobby Johnson is ever going to get a big time job, you'd think this would be his chance

He'd be a logical candidate, but I just don't know if Clemson could stomach the idea of hiring a coach from Vandy.
his name and muschamp are the two getting tossed around a lot on the radio here. very luke warm on Kiffin.

Because Bowden didn't win a national title, the school doesn't have to fret about sacking him. We, on the other hand, are slaves to a crystal trophy. It's great to win it--but unfortunately it means that the coach who got it can drop turds on the field for the next decade or longer and nothing can be done about it. Even so, I'm guessing the Philster has taken note of the news!

Do they want one of their own? What if he turns out to be a bust at bigger more prestigious school? Will they just fire him?
i have no idea. just a name that's getting some run around here, and his ties to clemson are the reason.....

probably no different than Gruden being mentioned all the time around here.

Wrong. Hamilton could fire Fulmer now. As of right now, Fulmer has NOT gone 8-4 this year, so that is not a violation of the contract. There is no clause stating that he can't be fired mid-season for his gross incompetence.

Yes but Hamilton will hang onto that. I dont see how we will beat bama though so the 8-4 possibility will be very short lived.

Cullen Harper should have kept his mouth shut. He just comes off sounding like a bitter twerp.

Bowden may have been a mediocre coach, but Harper has no one to blame but himself for his benching.

Quote:
"They just told us. It's what he deserved," said senior quarterback Cullen Harper, who was benched after the Tigers' loss to Wake Forest loss and replaced by highly regarded sophomore Willy Korn. "Dabo Swinney is a fine man and will do an excellent job."

Quote:
Harper struggled playing behind an inexperienced offensive line this season. His father, Jeff Harper, an offensive lineman on Georgia's 1980 national championship team, said Bowden's dismissal was justified. "I'd call it karma," he said. "I thought it needed to be done. I think anytime a head coach or someone in a leadership position starts to place blame on his coaches and players, it weakens their respect on the team. His past experiences have shown he's done that."

See above. 2nd quote.

You're right Harper said it. He has no right to say that no matter what.

VN Store

Back