Top 10 QB Battles in CFB

I'm really afraid that he does get it. We're going to look ugly trying to throw it.

Could be. Going back through time, your predictions have been much better than mine. And there's no way the 2013 passing game will be in the same zip code as 2012. It is what it is.

Still, I have to believe that the offensive staff is going to adjust their game plan to fit both their talent, and their opponent. A 5 yard in route to the slot or tight end is the same as a 5 yard run by a RB. I think we are going to see more screens, including bubble and back-door screens.

When UT can run the ball, they will. When they have to throw it, I look for a mix of short-to-medium routes to the WR, TE. or RB. With this OL, there should be time to progress to the third option. If we can just get open in the 10 to 15 yard range, we'll be okay.

Would be nice if we could find a deep threat, and establish it, against UF.

Go Vols.

If the high 4-star, number 1 QB in Florida is a "solid" prospect, then I'd love solid commits across the board.

I like him and hope he is great but his only other SEC offer was Vandy. His only offers instate were Florida Intl and Jacksonville St. Lets not act like he was highly sought after.

Reactions: 2 people
I don't think any reasonable person who follows college football would say that Worley and Peterman are both better QBs than Driskel.

Thank you. Driskel looked like Joe Montana in Neyland last year. At least for that game ... that's one more than all of our 4 combined have done.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love for dude to be right, but without evidence ... :unsure:

Reactions: 1 person
I don't think any reasonable person who follows college football would say that Worley and Peterman are both better QBs than Driskel.

I don't think any reasonable person would argue that leading the 118th ranked passing attack means something. To say Worley is better than Driskel isn't a stretch.

Lets not pretend Driskel is not a bust for a guy rated as high as he was coming out of high school. Hell, even Bray was better as a true freshman than Driskel is now.

I don't think any reasonable person would argue that leading the 118th ranked passing attack means something. To say Worley is better than Driskel isn't a stretch.

Lets not pretend Driskel is not a bust for a guy rated as high as he was coming out of high school. Hell, even Bray was better as a true freshman than Driskel is now.

This

They had a great run game and defense. But as for QB play, as a whole, Driskel has been dismal for the most part.

This qb battle sort of reminds me of the AJ Suggs, Joey Matthews, Casey clausen year back in 2000.

Or the 04 QB battle. There's legitimately 4 guys that can win the job. I'm going to say Peterman, but who knows.

Here is my concern, every opposing coach knows our OL is our real strength based on experience. So they will pack the box to stop the run. My fear is we will not be able to run and we will be forced into 3rd and long. Our incoming offensive skill positions will be tested to the limit in this situation.

Here is my concern, every opposing coach knows our OL is our real strength based on experience. So they will pack the box to stop the run. My fear is we will not be able to run and we will be forced into 3rd and long. Our incoming offensive skill positions will be tested to the limit in this situation.

Yep...

I'm really afraid that he does get it. We're going to look ugly trying to throw it.

Only if our new receiving corps don't develop. Last year Worley completed passes just fine in his limited playing time. If one of the other 3 overtake him, then the coaches think they will do even better. The running game can be more effective this season if the defense produces as expected which will reduce the offense's dependancy on passing. The running game was solid last season but we were forced to be pass happy to score enough points to keep up with the ineffective defense. This should be a run first offense in 2013.

It bothers me that no one gives any credit to Riley Ferguson and what he brings to the table. He has a cannon on his arm, and a desire to win that I haven't seen at TN in quite some time. He is a natural leader and had a very nice offer list. Clemson didn't pass on him

I think a lot of it obviously has to do with the fact that he is a pro-style guy and we have a spread coach. So everyone just looks to Dobbs as the future. But do not count out Ferguson. I'm expecting big things out of him

Only if our new receiving corps don't develop. Last year Worley completed passes just fine in his limited playing time. If one of the other 3 overtake him, then the coaches think they will do even better. The running game can be more effective this season if the defense produces as expected which will reduce the offense's dependancy on passing. The running game was solid last season but we were forced to be pass happy to score enough points to keep up with the ineffective defense. This should be a run first offense in 2013.

Didn't he have one TD and 5 INT?

If you watch the Oregon Stanford replay, youll see Oregon putting 8 in the box a lot. Stanford ran for 200 on 40 and held the ball for 36 minutes. And Stanford was running a straight pro set I formation. Im convinced butch will run some RG3 read option to nullify the DE and get some running room to the outside. And I'm not as pessimistic abt our passing game. Butch has never had as much talent to work with, irrespective of who we had last year.

Not saying it's a direct parallel... but this is sorta what the 2006 Oklahoma team had going in. Strong running game with Adrian Peterson but virtually no QBs on roster after Rhett Bomar was kicked off. 1 SR QB who was a converted WR, 2 Sophomores and 1 FR. WRs were also a mess with 1 Junior, 6 Sophomores and 4 Freshmen.

One of those QBs was 3* recruit, true Freshman Sam Bradford.

Point is... we have no idea what we have on roster. Oklahoma fans certainly didn't.

Not saying it's a direct parallel... but this is sorta what the 2006 Oklahoma team had going in. Strong running game with Adrian Peterson but virtually no QBs on roster after Rhett Bomar was kicked off. 1 SR QB who was a converted WR, 2 Sophomores and 1 FR. WRs were also a mess with 1 Junior, 6 Sophomores and 4 Freshmen.

One of those QBs was 3* recruit, true Freshman Sam Bradford.

Point is... we have no idea what we have on roster. Oklahoma fans certainly didn't.

No offense to our present personnel, but AP ain't walking through that door.

Just pointing out a couple of them were not his fault. He also would have beat USCe if darick hadn't dropped a sure TD.

And Bray would've averaged another touchdown per game without drops (especially the CP and Hunter drops). Even USC's guys drop a pass here and there. I could see this argument if our receivers were so stone-handed that Worley's td/int ratio would've been 5/1 instead of 1/5. (And I'm just addressing the point made; as for Worley, I hope he has an astonishing turnaround and shows what made him a great high school player, I just haven't seen anything to give me hope yet.)

And Bray would've averaged another touchdown per game without drops (especially the CP and Hunter drops). Even USC's guys drop a pass here and there. I could see this argument if our receivers were so stone-handed that Worley's td/int ratio would've been 5/1 instead of 1/5. (And I'm just addressing the point made; as for Worley, I hope he has an astonishing turnaround and shows what made him a great high school player, I just haven't seen anything to give me hope yet.)

bray also got most of his good stats from beating up the cupcakes for three years.

VN Store

Back