Trafficking thread

Legalizing prostitution won’t stop them from trafficking children.

Nothing will stop it. The point is it will reduce it. If you are an illegal brothel and a customer comes in looking for kids, or a trafficker offers them to you, you're gonna stfu about it because you can't reveal your operation to authorities. You have an incentive to do the wrong thing. Bringing the tolerable stuff above board weakens the intolerable stuff. Once you have a legit business to protect, you have an incentive to narc. People will be scared to ask

Legalizing prostitution won’t stop them from trafficking children.
Of course not, neither will a law against child trafficking. The law is there to punish those despots appropriately.

Murder: most drug related crimes are caused by the illegal nature of the business. You can prove this by looking at murder rates before and after prohibition of alcohol and before and after prohibition of drugs. What you’ll see is that forcing people to sell on an illegal market create violence.

Yet the owner of Sam Adams isn’t doing drive bys on local microbreweries, why? Because they’re not in an illegal business. Illegality forces businesses to become violent.

Drug problems are mainly psychological issues. Not putting people in prisons and allowing them to continue to work would go all way in decreasing addiction.

Demand for sex, that’s what prostitution is for.

By the snap of a finger? No. Very fast? Yes
I knew you had nothing on this. I don’t believe in unicorns farting rainbows, even if you do.

Legalizing prostitution will not end or reduce human trafficking.

Interesting.
Trafficking (to me) hinges on 2 fundamental needs on which the traffickers prey. 1. New recruits to the trade. 2. Protection of workers.
Whether unionization or simply a co-op of prostitutes, there is no doubt the marketplace would remedy those 2 needs.
ransom and sweat shops as well. although those are further down the list.

It would put a big dent in it.
Doubt it. You guys are acting like there’s hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of women in this country just waiting to be prostitues to fill the demand. They’re just waiting for it to be legal.

Did lifting the prohibition on alcohol reduce bootlegging?
Yes. Alcohol was taken away, people already knew it. You can make alcohol for the demand. Do you suggest we have birthing spots where we raise little girls to be prostitues for their lives to fill the demand?

What does that have to do with people? People aren’t alcohol.

Doubt it. You guys are acting like there’s hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of women in this country just waiting to be prostitues to fill the demand. They’re just waiting for it to be legal.

No I don’t think that’s the case at all. What I think is if those that want to that type of work can do it openly without fear of being arrested they can go to the cops and report the scum abusing them.

No I don’t think that’s the case at all. What I think is if those that want to that type of work can do it openly without fear of being arrested they can go to the cops and report the scum abusing them.
Im sure there are women who will. I just don’t believe there are enough of these women to make a “big dent”. You’ll still have trafficked people. Most likely the same numbers if not more.

Of course, everyone knows women are the product of fermentation. You try too hard, sometimes.

If the decline is attributable to something which people missed returning, why didn't the bootlegging increase?

Of course, everyone knows women are the product of fermentation. You try to hard.

If the decline is attributable to something which people missed returning, why didn't the bootlegging increase?
You’re trying too hard, pops. Do you know the supply side of alcohol and women willing to prostitues themselves for the demands? Equating them is stupid. Absolutely stupid.

Look, I agree that prostitution should be legal. Thinking that simply legalizing it will eliminate, drastically reduce, or put a “big dent” in human trafficking is retarded.

You’re trying too hard, pops. Do you know the supply side of alcohol and women willing to prostitues themselves for the demands? Equating them is stupid. Absolutely stupid.

Look, I agree that prostitution should be legal. Thinking that simply legalizing it will eliminate, drastically reduce, or put a “big dent” in human trafficking is retarded.

I don't know why it still shocks me that you could be on the wrong side of virtually every argument. Is there anyone left on these forums that haven't wiped their ass with your shirt?

How can i be trying too hard? Im not asserting you are equating people and product. You cannot read my posts objectively and comprehend i am equating the two. Yet, you tried; too hard imo.
Additionally, if bootlegging declined after lifting prohibition, I am asserting trafficking will too. Again, this doesn't equate the two items bootlegged or trafficked. It simply postulates that when vices are legal criminal activity associated with those vices (when illegal) diminish. I fail to see how that concept is trying too hard. But, you are entitled to your opinion.

I don't know why it still shocks me that you could be on the wrong side of virtually every argument. Is there anyone left on these forums that haven't wiped their ass with your shirt?

“Just legalize it” is an overly simplistic cure-all view in here. It requires zero thought into the complex specifics and moving parts into everything involved. It’s no surprise your simple mind would come up with this.

How can i be trying too hard? Im not asserting you are equating people and product. You cannot read my posts objectively and comprehend i am equating the two. Yet, you tried; too hard imo.
Additionally, if bootlegging declined after lifting prohibition, I am asserting trafficking will too. Again, this doesn't equate the two items bootlegged or trafficked. It simply postulates that when vices are legal criminal activity associated with those vices (when illegal) diminish. I fail to see how that concept is trying too hard. But, you are entitled to your opinion.
I only read the first part. You have don’t nothing but equate the two in this thread. Nothing but but equate.

Try again. And stop trying too hard.

“Just legalize it” is an overly simplistic cure-all view in here. It requires zero thought into the complex specifics and moving parts into everything involved. It’s no surprise your simple mind would come up with this.
To me, this sounds very similar to thise who say the marketplace (free association economies) are too complex to simply be left alone to figure out how to connect goods and services. Yes, there is complexity. But people are the better than laws at diguring how to get together.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
I only read the first part. You have don’t nothing but equate the two in this thread. Nothing but but equate.

Try again. And stop trying too hard.
When you make a point to discuss, i will try again. Until then, my perspective currently offered is enough so far.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols

VN Store

Back