TROOPER

1) If the recruits did not respect RS they would not be coming to Tennessee.

2) Kentucky expressed interest in RS privately a couple of seasons ago.... the same season that Norm Chow turned Kentucky down.

3) How long have you been following Tennessee football? There were a few close calls when Cutcliffe was OC (remember Memphis?) as there have been throughout Tennessee football history.

4) Until the Tennessee offense really sputters, I don't think that anyone could qualify a statement like RS doesn't deserve to be OC at Tennessee.

1.) The recruits don't come here for Randy. They come here for the 108,000 of us screaming on gamedays, Coach Fulmer is a wonderful recruiter. I don't think its a big coincidence that after Troop settled here we've got a wonderful recruiting class.

2.) I've never heard that so can't say much about that.

3.)I've been following Tennessee since around '90 (when i was 7) really been big into it since about '95 or so......yes I remember Memphis (I got many phone calls from people laughing at the loss :gun: )

4.) This is the first year Randy has done a pretty good job with the O. I was amazed when he was calling plays from the sideline with Shaeffer and Ainge. We've been on a steady decline from '98(after Cutliffe left to '03) the stats dont lie. going from 225 yards a game in 98 to 154.2 in '03 isnt a coincidence. If Sanders keeps up the improvement I'll never speak about it again

http://www.thecpp.com/teams/tenn_current.htm :cross:

Originally posted by TNFanBornandRaised@Jan 24, 2005 1:18 PM
The recruits don't come here for Randy. They come here for the 108,000 of us screaming on gamedays

Don't kid yourself . . . first and foremost they come here because they want to win.

I completely agree but they can do that at USC or Oklahoma or Texas...I think the deciding factor is our huge fan base and insane crowd....it definately doesnt hurt :rocks:

Let's not forget, while we are saying we havent't done as well under Sanders v. Cutcliff, that we were a battle weary team. 2 of those years, '02&'03 or '03&'04, we had a dessimated O line. There were a total of 70+ man-games missed by the starting line. Adrian Peterson and reggie Bush couldn't have produced total yards or a high YPC under that umbrella. There were a lot of troubling injuries here there and everywhere, but we basically were piece milling a starting line up each week, and for 2 years we seldom put the same line up on the O line 2 consecutive games. We had some conditioning problems that were either not being addressed or alot of just plain freak occurances pounced on us.

Originally posted by TNFanBornandRaised@Jan 24, 2005 1:18 PM
1.) The recruits don't come here for Randy. They come here for the 108,000 of us screaming on gamedays, Coach Fulmer is a wonderful recruiter. I don't think its a big coincidence that after Troop settled here we've got a wonderful recruiting class.

I was basing this statement on comments made earlier in the season by Ainge when discussing reasons why he came to Tennessee. One of them was the comfort level he had with Randy Sanders and the Tennessee offense.

I agree that Trooper Taylor is a huge factor in recruiting. Recruiting and being the offensive coordinator are 2 completely different things. Jumping up and down on the sidelines does also not make a person qualified to be an OC. And as far as the rushing stats being down and now up.... I think that says more about Woody McCorvey than it does Randy Sanders.

Originally posted by allvol@Jan 24, 2005 10:11 AM
this is a really stupid thread, in my opinion.

I kept waiting for someone to ask, or explain what "Cheap Bear Night" is.

I know there's a running joke about country boys and sheep, but what exactly is a Cheap Bear? Is that a bear who'll throw down like a $2 ho?

I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist.

I'm glad you did not resist. That was funny. Brought some much needed humor to a dead horses a**. Stadium and fan base is minor compared to coaches when choosing a school. Did recruits go to USC when they were 6-5 weenies for 10 years +- just to play in the rose bowl. Not till Carrol and Chow came on the scene. I bet we got the only coaching staff in the country that gets waxed and polished for only 3 sub 9 win seasons in like 12+ years. (Those being 8). OK, except for ole Miss who fires Cutcliff for having 5 of 6 winning seasons. Like they're goona improve on that.

Originally posted by GVF@Jan 25, 2005 4:10 PM
I'm glad you did not resist. That was funny. Brought some much needed humor to a dead horses a**.

Everyone has their limits. 'That Cheap Bear' was mine.

VN Store

Back