Trump is in Sarasota today!

It appears the tuition was part of his benefits package and Weisselberg failed to include them in his filings. Has absolutely no bearing on Trump based on the article.

This is a big nothing.

The prosecution is simply trying to get weisselberg on something so he will turn states evidence and maybe admit something on Trump.

If after 5 years of active searching the DA only has this they have literally nothing.

If it’s Trump’s personal accounts why can’t he gift tuition to a friend’s kids? When the business paid it could be taxable compensation. When paid from personal accounts it’s no longer compensation. Is there a law that excludes children of business associates from being given gifts of tuition? Business associates can also be friends and relatives.

The spreadsheets weren’t submitted as part of any return. Why would it be criminal to keep track of or analyze any disbursements? What if there is a spreadsheet of wedding gifts given out to business associates?

Reactions: NEO and hog88
If it’s Trump’s personal accounts why can’t he gift tuition to a friend’s kids? When the business paid it could be taxable compensation. When paid from personal accounts it’s no longer compensation. Is there a law that excludes children of business associates from being given gifts of tuition? Business associates can also be friends and relatives.

The spreadsheets weren’t submitted as part of any return. Why would it be criminal to keep track of or analyze any disbursements? What if there is a spreadsheet of wedding gifts given out to business associates?

You bring up an angle I had not thought of.

Unless tuition is mentioned in the hiring package or Trump has done this for other employees and it was a non verbal understood that it was compensation then you have a valid point here. He could simply say it was a gift. It would go above the $15,000 threshold though but this would reduce it by about 100K since it was about a 5 year period. That is assuming it was only one person. Multiple people it might be under threshold.

You bring up an angle I had not thought of.

Unless tuition is mentioned in the hiring package or Trump has done this for other employees and it was a non verbal understood that it was compensation then you have a valid point here. He could simply say it was a gift. It would go above the $15,000 threshold though but this would reduce it by about 100K since it was about a 5 year period. That is assuming it was only one person. Multiple people it might be under threshold.

It might be within the threshold since it is more than one kid, over many years, and came from a trust as well as a personal account. It almost looks like it was done to meet the annual limit. Some could even come from a different family member.

Employment arrangements are fluid. They can change year-to-year. Apparently the CFO was also doing work for Mar-A-Lago as an IC. Even if the original agreement included tuition for children of that employee, if a new employment agreement excludes it why can’t a nice guy just help his friend out? If there is not a legally binding document spelling out that tuition is part of the compensation package, what’s the problem? Agreements can’t change year-to-year?

It’s early in the formal criminal aspect of the witch hunt, but this sure looks like Trump’s enemies are grasping at straws as they weren’t able to come away with an indictment of Trump after a multi-year investigation trying to find something illegal with any part of his taxes. So they are going after someone inside his inner circle to try to hide the fact that it was a witch hunt. They are creating headlines (and a perp walk photo opp for a dozen or more media outlets lined up to capture).

While all this is going on, what legal action has been taken against Hunter and the Biden Crime Family? I’m willing to bet that their documentation is far from being in order proving innocence.

It’s really outrageous that political operatives are using the resources of government entities to attack their opponents. I really like having business people holding political offices. Why would any ever want to after this example of abuse of power?

It might be within the threshold since it is more than one kid, over many years, and came from a trust as well as a personal account. It almost looks like it was done to meet the annual limit. Some could even come from a different family member.

Employment arrangements are fluid. They can change year-to-year. Apparently the CFO was also doing work for Mar-A-Lago as an IC. Even if the original agreement included tuition for children of that employee, if a new employment agreement excludes it why can’t a nice guy just help his friend out? If there is not a legally binding document spelling out that tuition is part of the compensation package, what’s the problem? Agreements can’t change year-to-year?

It’s early in the formal criminal aspect of the witch hunt, but this sure looks like Trump’s enemies are grasping at straws as they weren’t able to come away with an indictment of Trump after a multi-year investigation trying to find something illegal with any part of his taxes. So they are going after someone inside his inner circle to try to hide the fact that it was a witch hunt. They are creating headlines (and a perp walk photo opp for a dozen or more media outlets lined up to capture).

While all this is going on, what legal action has been taken against Hunter and the Biden Crime Family? I’m willing to bet that their documentation is far from being in order proving innocence.

It’s really outrageous that political operatives are using the resources of government entities to attack their opponents. I really like having business people holding political offices. Why would any ever want to after this example of abuse of power?

My personal belief is they had nothing after 5 years of deep digging and this was all they could throw at the wall. Think it goes no where long term.

Reactions: hog88
My personal belief is they had nothing after 5 years of deep digging and this was all they could throw at the wall. Think it goes no where long term.

They will intimidate the CFO and go after his family and cost him a lot of money defending himself UNLESS he settles to minimize his loses. Then they will claim victory by getting a Trump related “conviction”. Never mind the damage they do to the country with their threats of taking away the freedom of a citizen while they orchestrate their politically motivated attack. Even Democrats with a functioning brain should see this for exactly what it is and they should be terrified and disgusted at what the government can do to any citizen.

They will intimidate the CFO and go after his family and cost him a lot of money defending himself UNLESS he settles to minimize his loses. Then they will claim victory by getting a Trump related “conviction”. Never mind the damage they do to the country with their threats of taking away the freedom of a citizen while they orchestrate their politically motivated attack. Even Democrats with a functioning brain should see this for exactly what it is and they should be terrified and disgusted at what the government can do to any citizen.

Think their goal was to flip him. I do think though at some point a forensic accountant will get involved and somehow this will be explained away as an accidental oversight.

I know people see the $400,000 figure but it was over 5 years and it the gross income ratio will come into play.

I do think your gifting angle will come into play. If it does, and they succeed, this will just be a total embarrassment for the DA.

Reactions: hog88
Think their goal was to flip him. I do think though at some point a forensic accountant will get involved and somehow this will be explained away as an accidental oversight.

I know people see the $400,000 figure but it was over 5 years and it the gross income ratio will come into play.

I do think your gifting angle will come into play. If it does, and they succeed, this will just be a total embarrassment for the DA.

The tuition allegedly being excluded from compensation on a 7 figure salary is only about 1%. It is ridiculous to throw a citizen in jail when it probably just comes down to a disagreement over how tax laws and liabilities are being interpreted.

If it is a scheme to avoid the payroll tax by keeping the compensation outside of the business’s books… aren’t they actually paying MORE taxes because gifts from individuals aren’t deductible?

I don’t know every fact, but I did read half of the indictment and it is full of vague accusations and innuendos. Most on a jury would have very little understanding of the nuances. I really hope they fight this in open court.

The tuition allegedly being excluded from compensation on a 7 figure salary is only about 1%. It is ridiculous to throw a citizen in jail when it probably just comes down to a disagreement over how tax laws and liabilities are being interpreted.

If it is a scheme to avoid the payroll tax by keeping the compensation outside of the business’s books… aren’t they actually paying MORE taxes because gifts from individuals aren’t deductible?

I don’t know every fact, but I did read half of the indictment and it is full of vague accusations and innuendos. Most on a jury would have very little understanding of the nuances. I really hope they fight this in open court.

Dont think it would go to a jury but a judge.

I could be wrong though.

I do agree on multiple points here though.

VN Store

Back