Trump Launches New Communications Platform months after Twitter, Facebook Ban

Let me know when you read what I actually wrote and then we can move in to me guffawing at Trump being less antithetical to my values.

I get it...Trump is not conservative so you post away. Biden, who is less conservative, then crickets. As a conservative, I did not like Trump spending habits other than defense, which was in massive neglect, not for money of course.

Just find it strange that a conservative would spend so much time focused on Trump, when he is no longer in office, and "conservative" issues are exponentialy imperiled.

Align more with your values. I don't think there's a named policy I agree with Biden on. There's probably some. Yang was the closest to me out of that crew.
Values and policy preferences are different things. I can disagree with Biden on literally every named policy and he can still align more with my values than Trump.

Equal opportunity, self-determination, federalism, tolerance, ordered liberty and whatever other values I could name are all secondary to valuing our constitutional republic and the institutions that serve it. So far, it’s been the most viable structure for the advancement of the rest of those values.

Trump consistently placed his own self interest ahead of those institutions and, eventually, ahead of the constitution itself.

There’s absolutely nothing about his presidency that was consistent with any of my values. At least I have basis to believe that when Biden’s term ends, he’s not going to demand that Harris throw out the constitution appoint him to a second term.

. At least I have basis to believe that when Biden’s term ends, he’s not going to demand that Harris throw out the constitution appoint him to a second term.

I cannot find a direct quote DJT did. There was speculation and people were summarized in the NYT article but no one on record. There was also Trump's typical social media stupidity. Inconsequential now, anyway.

I get it...Trump is not conservative so you post away. Biden, who is less conservative, then crickets. As a conservative, I did not like Trump spending habits other than defense, which was in massive neglect, not for money of course.

Just find it strange that a conservative would spend so much time focused on Trump, when he is no longer in office, and "conservative" issues are exponentialy imperiled.
I think I explained it to the best of my ability.

It’s just not interesting, to me, to have that discussion with people who defended Trump against every accusation to the point of making up their own fictional plane of existence to believe his denials and recriminations.

Also, under our current system, the only way conservative issues are threatened is if there’s nobody left holding the conservative end of the rope. To the extent that’s happening, it’s not really because of anything that’s being done exceptionally well on the progressive side, it’s because the formerly Conservative party started trying to pull in a different direction and kicked anybody who didn’t like it off the rope.

It wouldn't be so bad if there are competitive generals, but in districts that are +10plus one way or the other, there's no moderating force.
Off the top of my head, I can’t think of a godawful politician who came from a competitive district.

Values and policy preferences are different things. I can disagree with Biden on literally every named policy and he can still align more with my values than Trump.

Equal opportunity, self-determination, federalism, tolerance, ordered liberty and whatever other values I could name are all secondary to valuing our constitutional republic and the institutions that serve it. So far, it’s been the most viable structure for the advancement of the rest of those values.

Trump consistently placed his own self interest ahead of those institutions and, eventually, ahead of the constitution itself.

There’s absolutely nothing about his presidency that was consistent with any of my values. At least I have basis to believe that when Biden’s term ends, he’s not going to demand that Harris throw out the constitution appoint him to a second term.

Dude...not buying it.

I cannot find a direct quote DJT did. There was speculation and people were summarized in the NYT article but no one on record. There was also Trump's typical social media stupidity. Inconsequential now, anyway.
Read: Vice President Mike Pence's statement breaking with Trump on Electoral College vote count - CNNPolitics

Did you find Pence’s statement that he didn’t have the unilateral authority to decide what votes to count?

Clearly Pence thought somebody was asking him to overturn the election, right?

Read: Vice President Mike Pence's statement breaking with Trump on Electoral College vote count - CNNPolitics

Did you find Pence’s statement that he didn’t have the unilateral authority to decide what votes to count?

Clearly Pence thought somebody was asking him to overturn the election, right?
I read it just now in the link you offered. He gave a good historical perspective on the duty of VP in the appointment of a new president even when controversial elections occurred.
He took a middle of the road stance between those who said the VP is duty bound to overturn and those who said the VP should never intervene.

If you see a breaking with Trump solely in his letter, you're reading into the statement, imo. I think it was to assure everyone he took his role seriously and thoughtfully.

Side note: hadn't followed Pence much. That letter makes him about to a decent fellow.

I read it just now in the link you offered. He gave a good historical perspective on the duty of VP in the appointment of a new president even when controversial elections occurred.
He took a middle of the road stance between those who said the VP is duty bound to overturn and those who said the VP should never intervene.

If you see a breaking with Trump solely in his letter, you're reading into the statement, imo. I think it was to assure everyone he took his role seriously and thoughtfully.

Side note: hadn't followed Pence much. That letter makes him about to a decent fellow.
Why did he publish it?

Why did he publish it?
What is it with lawyers and your perceived ability to decipher intention?

Here's what I am able to gather.
1. I do not know if this type of "assurance letter" has been written by other VPs. I don't know how common or rare it is.
2. I can assume it has something to do with DJT's stupid claims but there is nothing in the letter which declares it.
3. Pence references both sides vying for his attention. If there is a catalyst for this letter, it seems to be the extreme positions on both sides.
4. There was absolutely no mention of throwing out the Constitution to declare DJT a second term.

What is it with lawyers and your perceived ability to decipher intention?

Here's what I am able to gather.
1. I do not know if this type of "assurance letter" has been written by other VPs. I don't know how common or rare it is.
2. I can assume it has something to do with DJT's stupid claims but there is nothing in the letter which declares it.
3. Pence references both sides vying for his attention. If there is a catalyst for this letter, it seems to be the extreme positions on both sides.
4. There was absolutely no mention of throwing out the Constitution to declare DJT a second term.
Tell me you don’t know wtf you’re talking about without telling me you don’t know wtf you’re talking about.

“All Mike Pence has to do is send them back to the States, AND WE WIN. Do it Mike, this is a time for extreme courage!”
Donald Trump, January 6
Or
“If Vice President @Mike_Pence comes through for us, we will win the Presidency,”
-Donald Trump, January 6
Or
"The Vice President has the power to reject fraudulently chosen electors,"
- Donald Trump, January 5
Or
"I hope Mike Pence comes through for us, I have to tell you… Of course, if he doesn't come through, I won't like him as much."
Donald Trump, January 4

That took me about 15 seconds to find, I’m sure there’s more.

Tell me you don’t know wtf you’re talking about without telling me you don’t know wtf you’re talking about.

“All Mike Pence has to do is send them back to the States, AND WE WIN. Do it Mike, this is a time for extreme courage!”
Donald Trump, January 6
Or
“If Vice President @Mike_Pence comes through for us, we will win the Presidency,”
-Donald Trump, January 6
Or
"The Vice President has the power to reject fraudulently chosen electors,"
- Donald Trump, January 5
Or
"I hope Mike Pence comes through for us, I have to tell you… Of course, if he doesn't come through, I won't like him as much."
Donald Trump, January 4

That took me about 15 seconds to find, I’m sure there’s more.
Sometimes you guys give DJT a lot of credence in the crazy things he says. Other times you discount it as bombast, sales, or fleecing his base.

I'm glad you were able to find some comments from him about what he wanted from Pence. Pence did not reference those or the president in his letter.

Sometimes you guys give DJT a lot of credence in the crazy things he says. Other times you discount it as bombast, sales, or fleecing his base.

I'm glad you were able to find some comments from him about what he wanted from Pence. Pence did not reference those or the president in his letter.
Yeah, sorry, I assumed you didn’t need to be spoon fed every single piece of information about what goes on in the world and were smart enough to go looking for the events that prompted Pence to believe that he was being asked to unilaterally decide which votes to count, instead of just arguing about it as if the facts I provided for context were the only ones that existed.

Goal posts moved.

Yeah, sorry, I assumed you didn’t need to be spoon fed every single piece of information about what goes on in the world and were smart enough to go looking for the events that prompted Pence to believe that he was being asked to unilaterally decide which votes to count, instead of just arguing about it as if the facts I provided for context were the only ones that existed.
Attacking me or my ignorance doesn't refute the points I shared. Pence actually mentioned both extreme views in his letter. The press offered a lot of circumstantial information and you ran with it. I think I am much more distrustful of the media than you.

Reactions: LouderVol
Obligatory engagement of conjecture.

Attacking me or my ignorance doesn't refute the points I shared. Pence actually mentioned both extreme views in his letter. The press offered a lot of circumstantial information and you ran with it. I think I am much more distrustful of the media than you.
No, the attacks on your ignorance were gratuitous. The Trump quotes refuted the points you made.

Funny how quickly that argument about how you wouldn’t make nonsensical justifications for your continued support of Trump turned into you doing exactly that.
Funny how calling out YOUR flagrant conjecture is me being nonsensical. Yeah. It's me. Lol. Smh.
tumblr_m2a730WNlz1r5w7j2o1_250.gif

VN Store

Back