'22 TU Transfer WR Chris Brazzell (Tennessee)

This is what I call a QB friendly "WR"

He can adjust to almost any type of throw and is a tall agile target.

Bru had a bad injury. It's going to be a while before he comes back to form.

Brazzell, White, Saes (TE), Matthews, Webb, Seldon, and Sampson should provide Nico with plenty of options and opportunities.🧡

Brazzell, White, Saes (TE), Matthews, Webb, Seldon, and Sampson should provide Nico with plenty of options and opportunities.🧡

And Nimrod, imo.

The more I see this guys tape the more I think Bru isnt coming back. Then again maybe this is the year we actually start rotating receivers? I feel like up toll now we havent been deep enough at the position. But maybe im just panicking. I see us going after more WR in portal when if anything its CB, TE and RB where we have the most depth issues. We lost 7 dbs and have so far brought in like 2 guys.
We don’t have depth issues at RB.

We don’t have depth issues at RB.
Seldon looked good, But if Sampson gets hurt we have no one proven after those 2. Kalifa Keith has like 10 career carries for 21 yards. Seldon 25 for 106. Hopefully, some of the young guys step up.

Reactions: PA Vol
Seldon looked good, But if Sampson gets hurt we have no one proven after those 2. Kalifa Keith has like 10 career carries for 21 yards. Seldon 25 for 106. Hopefully, some of the young guys step up.

Seldon isn’t proven either. You recruit guys for a reason. Sampson goes down it becomes Seldon/Keith show

Nimrod

Sampson has to learn how to chip block on pass routes or we will need a backup qb

The more I see this guys tape the more I think Bru isnt coming back. Then again maybe this is the year we actually start rotating receivers? I feel like up toll now we havent been deep enough at the position. But maybe im just panicking. I see us going after more WR in portal when if anything its CB, TE and RB where we have the most depth issues. We lost 7 dbs and have so far brought in like 2 guys.
we rotate guys just as much as anyone else. I have posted numbers, other people have posted numbers. We also throw to our guys a similar amount to all of the other teams you want to be compared too.

I have this saved from 2022:
Washington was #1. Their Top 4 caught 60%
Western Kentucky was #2. Their Top 4 caught 70%
USC was #3. Their Top 4 caught 54%
Georgia Southern was #4. Their Top 4 caught 65%
Tennessee was #5, our Top 4 caught 61%
Arizona was #6, their top 4 caught 79%
SMU was #7. Their Top 4 caught 57%
Houston was #8, Their Top 4 caught 67%
Wake Forest #9, their top 4 caught 69%
Mississippi State (RIP Mike Leach) #10, their top 4 caught 45%

but it was a similar tale for 2023.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
we rotate guys just as much as anyone else. I have posted numbers, other people have posted numbers. We also throw to our guys a similar amount to all of the other teams you want to be compared too.

I have this saved from 2022:
Washington was #1. Their Top 4 caught 60%
Western Kentucky was #2. Their Top 4 caught 70%
USC was #3. Their Top 4 caught 54%
Georgia Southern was #4. Their Top 4 caught 65%
Tennessee was #5, our Top 4 caught 61%
Arizona was #6, their top 4 caught 79%
SMU was #7. Their Top 4 caught 57%
Houston was #8, Their Top 4 caught 67%
Wake Forest #9, their top 4 caught 69%
Mississippi State (RIP Mike Leach) #10, their top 4 caught 45%

but it was a similar tale for 2023.
I guess you don't watch many games. Looking at just stats is not the same. The only time we really rotate WR's is injuries and blowouts. This season they probably actually rotated WR's more than they ever have. Because they were trying to get Thornton in and then BRU got hurt and the rotations really started. I bet you this if BRu is not hurt Webb/Nimrod never sees the field outside of blowouts. In 2022 there were 39 receptions made in regular season games during blowout time. Most of those went to Squirrel white. Adn the tale was not even close to similar in 2023. We were actually throwing to running backs this year. 2022 we completed 17 passes to rb's. 2023 we completed 46. We spread the ball around a lot more this year because of the issues at WR. Of our top 5 receivers this year only 3 were WR's and number 5 was Chas Nimrod. Bru and Thornton were hurt much of the year and we had nothing else.

1704303723382.png

I honestly think we don't rotate because we can't. If we had the depth I think they will.

I guess you don't watch many games. Looking at just stats is not the same. The only time we really rotate WR's is injuries and blowouts. This season they probably actually rotated WR's more than they ever have. Because they were trying to get Thornton in and then BRU got hurt and the rotations really started. I bet you this if BRu is not hurt Webb/Nimrod never sees the field outside of blowouts. In 2022 there were 39 receptions made in regular season games during blowout time. Most of those went to Squirrel white. Adn the tale was not even close to similar in 2023. We were actually throwing to running backs this year. 2022 we completed 17 passes to rb's. 2023 we completed 46. We spread the ball around a lot more this year because of the issues at WR. Of our top 5 receivers this year only 3 were WR's and number 5 was Chas Nimrod. Bru and Thornton were hurt much of the year and we had nothing else.

View attachment 607155

I honestly think we don't rotate because we can't. If we had the depth I think they will.
What we do isn't any different than what the rest of the league does. It was the same last year and 2021 as well.
If you look at routes run for the WRs:

Tennessee (2021): 5 receivers over 100 routes, 6 over 50
Tennessee (2022): 5 over 100, 6 over 50
Tennessee (2023): 5 over 100, 6 over 50
Georgia: 6 over 100, 7 over 50
Vandy: 5 over 100, 6 over 50
Florida: 4 over 100, 6 over 50
South Carolina: 4 over 100, 6 over 50
Missouri: 4 over 100, 4 over 100
Kentucky: 3 over 100, 4 over 50

We've been rotating receivers as much as anyone in the SEC East. It does feel like we rotate less but the numbers don't bear that out at all.

Sampson has to learn how to chip block on pass routes or we will need a backup qb
Blame Dayne Davis for 2 of those sacks that Sampson couldn't pickup. He didn't touch the defender either. And that defender was an
All Big 10 DE.

There's a reason Dayne was a walk-on

VN Store

Back