Tuberville and Manchin working on NIL bill.

Reminds me of back in the 80s when the government seized and took over operations of the Mustang Ranch in Nevada. It was completely bankrupt and had to close its doors within a couple years.

So them being involved in NIL should go famously.

There you go, the rich, nevermind what party they belong to as they're the same, when capitalism benefits a significant number of minorities, it gets curtailed. One way or another, by hook or by crook. And here we go.

giphy.gif

What could go wrong with the government getting involved?
Bad thing is they almost have to. After the Alston decision by the Supreme Court, Congress is the only entity that can make any enforceable, uniform rules. Like virtually everyone else, I don't expect it to go well, historically if Congress is your last hope, you're pretty much screwed.

There you go, the rich, nevermind what party they belong to as they're the same, when capitalism benefits a significant number of minorities, it gets curtailed. One way or another, by hook or by crook. And here we go.

giphy.gif
Respectfully, I don't think race has anything to do with it and I don't think anyone is talking about taking NIL away, just setting some uniform rules that are enforceable. Since antitrust is a congressional creation, only Congress can set up an enforcement mechanism. In any event, though we got Nico, the wild west hasn't otherwise been the boon for the University of Tennessee that it was predicted to be a few months ago. For anybody that hasn't been paying attention to recruiting lately, the usual suspects are back on top:

Screenshot_20220803-203529-619.png

Tuberville in the first meeting: “what? I thought we always were allowed to pay the star players”

Tuberville in the Senate: :eek: Tells you all you need to know about the state of Alabama. He didn't know what the 3 branches of government were when first elected--got it wrong. True story. However, he'll look briilliant next to Herschel Walker--a true moron.

Respectfully, I don't think race has anything to do with it and I don't think anyone is talking about taking NIL away, just setting some uniform rules that are enforceable. Since antitrust is a congressional creation, only Congress can set up an enforcement mechanism. In any event, though we got Nico, the wild west hasn't otherwise been the boon for the University of Tennessee that it was predicted to be a few months ago. For anybody that hasn't been paying attention to recruiting lately, the usual suspects are back on top:

View attachment 477560
And when some people start talking about the star ratings of the recruits we get (majority always being 3 star) majority on here get mad and act like we can upset the elite. Then they say we need to out recruit the elite. We'll you can out recruite the elite if you taking in 15 ish 3 stars every cycle. We need 15 4 stars 5 5 stars and the rest 3 stars every cycle to become elite.

Reactions: swampfoxfan
And when some people start talking about the star ratings of the recruits we get (majority always being 3 star) majority on here get mad and act like we can upset the elite. Then they say we need to out recruit the elite. We'll you can out recruite the elite if you taking in 15 ish 3 stars every cycle. We need 15 4 stars 5 5 stars and the rest 3 stars every cycle to become elite.

Here in lies the problem. For UT - or any school roughly in the same position, there are really only two ways to pull a sterling class like that
1. Back up a Brinx truck to targeted recruits house.
2. Get a class of 3 stars who overachieve in a major major way and somehow weasel into the playoffs to convince recruits you are one player (them) away from winning it all

Combine the 2 and we would be in business.

Reactions: Volanta
Tuberville in the Senate: :eek: Tells you all you need to know about the state of Alabama. He didn't know what the 3 branches of government were when first elected--got it wrong. True story. However, he'll look briilliant next to Herschel Walker--a true moron.
Cant really argue the fact that Tuberville and Herschel are not the 2 sharpest knives in the drawer but all things being equal the head of the executive branch talks about imaginary characters named corn pop , stated that he was running for the senate in his presidential candidacy announcement and introduced his sister as his wife (or was it vice versa ?) so all things being equal uhhh….. yeah .

Cant really argue the fact that Tuberville and Herschel are not the 2 sharpest knives in the drawer but all things being equal the head of the executive branch talks about imaginary characters named corn pop , stated that he was running for the senate in his presidential candidacy announcement and introduced his sister as his wife (or was it vice versa ?) so all things being equal uhhh….. yeah .
Dementia vs dumb*ss. Two different things.

I hope Manchin can put a stop to this enhanced NIL thing. Just imagine us lining up against Bama with a short roster because we've got players out buying drugs and hunting deer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smokey19rt
I hope Manchin can put a stop to this enhanced NIL thing. Just imagine us lining up against Bama with a short roster because we've got players out buying drugs and hunting deer.

Your hoping someone in our government is competent? Good luck. This will get screwed up like most things the government does.

Reactions: JohnWardForever
Here in lies the problem. For UT - or any school roughly in the same position, there are really only two ways to pull a sterling class like that
1. Back up a Brinx truck to targeted recruits house.
2. Get a class of 3 stars who overachieve in a major major way and somehow weasel into the playoffs to convince recruits you are one player (them) away from winning it all

Combine the 2 and we would be in business.
Or just have a proving record of sending players to the NFL do that and they will come too. That's why the elite get most of the players they get NIL is a plus.

Reactions: HalfullVol

Everyone knows we send China our good air and they send us their bad air. Just common sense.

You're all about NIL, I'm all about what Senators Tommy Tuberville and Joe Manchin about the NIL within the confines of repetitive history. And having lived a good part of that history. We're not only on different railroad tracks, we're going in opposite directions.
1659605532912.png

Last edited:

VN Store

Back