Tuberville and Manchin working on NIL bill.

Because this is how USA capitalism works, when certain folks other than the privileged benefit the most from it. Our history exhibits that very explicitly. Whether you're talking about the 1924 forced eviction of a Black family off Manhattan Beach in California, the Tulsa massacre lost property results, the 1923 Rosewood massacre, local municipals invoking eminent domain to take profitable property, or the NIL. So these two senators are just an echo of this behavior under the guise of bringing order to the chaotic NIL. For those who don't know the corridors of history, they can't see beyond what they prefer to believe as opposed to the truth. And to make this a bit more palatable, it isn't necessarily limited to impact on minorities. The 1921 Redneck Revolt (United Mine Workers of America) against exploitation by coal barons. The 1927 - 1944 Great Smoky Mountains residents of Cades Cove and Cataloochee strategically forced to abandon their homes, so a park could be established. Even in modern times, Lindsay and Matt Mosteller losing their Bothell, WA-area home in 2020. Same thing for the Russell, Ky home for disabled adults. Now, these two politicians poking their noses into the NIL will just do what politicians do: Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies. - Ernest Benn -

Long live capitalism.

7E9EAE20-51D0-4AD4-A9D0-3258C30F0424.jpeg

Reactions: jpope9

Even when the post includes rednecks? Who knew? Funny, you pick a Monopoly money man to protest capitalism. You seek to twist my post away from how Tubby and Manny are repeating the past seeking to invoke the practice of discriminative capitalism. And here you are twisting it into something else. Well, bless ole Tubs and Manny for their intrusion, which is what the entire thread is really about despite you making it otherwise, I suppose: Senators Tuberville, Manchin working on NIL bill

Last edited:
Reactions: swampfoxfan
What small schools are competing right now? Everyone has rich boosters and if they commit then they can also play with the big boys.

Kiffin wants it because he knows he can't compete with the big boys
So Ole Miss is a school that you discount? Man I hate to think what you're thoughts are on Cincinnati. If only Alabama, Notre Dame and a handful of others 'matter', then college football is truly dead

So Ole Miss is a school that you discount? Man I hate to think what you're thoughts are on Cincinnati. If only Alabama, Notre Dame and a handful of others 'matter', then college football is truly dead
If OM boosters were committed then you wouldn't hear a peep out of a guy who knows where so many recruiting bodies are buried. Cincy can make a choice on which direction they want to go

I was hoping this NIL would help level the recruiting playing field but it does not seem to have done much of that, yet. IMO, until the playoffs expand from only 4 teams and the pool for those 4 teams comes from the group of elite 5-6 teams then only big boys do seem to matter. Hope all this changes sooner than later. And yes I know Cincy broke the barrier last season but lets see if that was just a fluke.

I was hoping this NIL would help level the recruiting playing field but it does not seem to have done much of that, yet. IMO, until the playoffs expand from only 4 teams and the pool for those 4 teams comes from the group of elite 5-6 teams then only big boys do seem to matter. Hope all this changes sooner than later. And yes I know Cincy broke the barrier last season but lets see if that was just a fluke.

The NIL might do what you hope, with more time to shake itself out. Preferably, with the help of politicians.

The NIL might do what you hope, with more time to shake itself out. Preferably, with the help of politicians.

Well that's a scary thought but, as others have posted here the NIL does need some regulation. I think the 'cap' plan like the NFL on $ spent is the most sensible one.

Manchin needs to worry about his Inflation Reduction Act - the same bill that tries to curb energy inflation with tons more taxes on coal and natural gas...
A minimum tax on corporations (paying practically no tax under the present code) is not a tax on coal and natural gas. Don't read the literature or listen to the "experts" from the coal and natural gas industries on certain channels, or their paid corporate agents, some of of which are talk show hosts who get huge side deals speaking at fossil fuel confabs around the country, telling you about it. They are lying about the bill.
Manchin has made over $100million in the coal industry before he became a politician. He protects that dying industry like it is his child. He would never allow a direct tax on fossil fuels. He has stopped legislation with those provisions several times over the years.

He is attacking NIL because it will help the bleeding of the Mountaineers. Tuberville is making the Gumps happy.

Reactions: swampfoxfan
There you go, the rich, nevermind what party they belong to as they're the same, when capitalism benefits a significant number of minorities, it gets curtailed. One way or another, by hook or by crook. And here we go.
Seriously? There's no race angle to this. I don't trust politicians in any case... but this isn't a race issue. Why insert it where it does not belong?

They won't help. EVERY TIME they are allowed to choose winners and losers rather than allowing the free market to take care of it... things get WORSE.

There are already market forces at work. NIL groups are going to lay money out for blue chip recruits who bust. Then they're not going to have resources to pay 3* players who excel... who then hit the portal for a pay day. The strategy behind NIL is still in its infancy. The VERY BEST control for NIL... is risk/reward.

If Saban needs help from the government tells me Bama doesnā€™t want to compete paying for players or Bama doesnā€™t have big NIL $ to compete with the serious players, TN, USC, TX, A&M, tOSU & GA.
The population, economics and GDP of the state of Alabama are a huge disadvantage to them and they know it!

Reactions: Orange.
A minimum tax on corporations (paying practically no tax under the present code) is not a tax on coal and natural gas. Don't read the literature or listen to the "experts" from the coal and natural gas industries on certain channels, or their paid corporate agents, some of of which are talk show hosts who get huge side deals speaking at fossil fuel confabs around the country, telling you about it. They are lying about the bill.
Manchin has made over $100million in the coal industry before he became a politician. He protects that dying industry like it is his child. He would never allow a direct tax on fossil fuels. He has stopped legislation with those provisions several times over the years.

He is attacking NIL because it will help the bleeding of the Mountaineers. Tuberville is making the Gumps happy.

No, I actually read the bill (Fortune 500 Tax Director).

Section 13901 reinstated a previously expired provision ($1.10 tax per ton on underground coal) to help cover health care costs for coal workers. Before it expired, this tax was .50 per ton. Manchin has supported this in the past since it helps WV residents. I'm not arguing whether or not this is a good thing but yes, this is an inflationary tax that will be passed on.

Section 50261 and 50262 significantly raised royalty rates from 12.5% to almost 17% for natural gas/oil development on federal land. Again, not arguing whether this is good or not but yes, these fees will be inflationary and passed on.

To the point at hand, yes, Saban is trying to use Manchin and Tubs to return to the old ways for Bama/Auburn...

Reactions: SpookyAction
No, I actually read the bill (Fortune 500 Tax Director).

Section 13901 reinstated a previously expired provision ($1.10 tax per ton on underground coal) to help cover health care costs for coal workers. Before it expired, this tax was .50 per ton. Manchin has supported this in the past since it helps WV residents. I'm not arguing whether or not this is a good thing but yes, this is an inflationary tax that will be passed on.

Section 50261 and 50262 significantly raised royalty rates from 12.5% to almost 17% for natural gas/oil development on federal land. Again, not arguing whether this is good or not but yes, these fees will be inflationary and passed on.

To the point at hand, yes, Saban is trying to use Manchin and Tubs to return to the old ways for Bama/Auburn...
Thanks for the details...
and Manchin and Tuberville can go suck it.
It is not even what he does (which I do hate) as much as he seems truly clueless about our government, which make him easy for someone/everyone to manipulate. He doesn't know what he should do, or not do, or even can or cannot do.

Tuberville is a true moron. He never struck me as such as a coach. pitiful.

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo
Your hoping someone in our government is competent?

I trust Manchin to act to reduce this dangerous inflation in college football benefits. If you don't, that's fine, but then don't come here complaining when Hooker gets sacked every down because his OL is off doing drugs in a deer stand.

I'll admit, though, that I can't help looking at Manchin's initiative through blue-tinted glasses.

Last edited:
I trust Manchin to act to reduce this dangerous inflation in college football benefits. If you don't, that's fine, but then don't come here complaining when Hooker gets sacked every down because his OL is off doing drugs in a deer stand.

I'll admit, though, that I can't help looking at Manchin's initiative through blue-tinted glasses.

what the hell are you rambling about with drugs and hunting deer?

I trust a hangover fart more than any one politician. And when they start working together? Less trustworthy than the Nigerian prince on the other side of a Gmail account. No thanks!

Reactions: hog88
I trust a hangover fart more than any one politician. And when they start working together? Less trustworthy than the Nigerian prince on the other side of a Gmail account. No thanks!

I've thrown in the towel and yielded to the conventions of VolNation. I've edited my previous posts accordingly (I hope the new color scheme won't cause anyone to suspect I'm secretly a Kentucky fan).

Last edited:

VN Store

Back