Tuberville and Manchin working on NIL bill.

You're all about NIL, I'm all about history. Including living a good part of that history. We're not only on different railroad tracks, we're going in opposite directions.
View attachment 477642
You're dead wrong is what you are. You gratuitously interjected race into this and said anytime minorities start making money somebody takes it away. Taking NIL away is not something that is on the table (nor are minorities the only one benefiting), creating some enforceable rules that apply in 50 states is. I like your unique sense of humor but you're making this one into something it's not. The day someone says only white kids can have NIL or only black kids can or only Samoan kids can or something like that, which is objectively racist, I'll be right there with you, but no one is doing that.

You're dead wrong is what you are. You gratuitously interjected race into this and said anytime minorities start making money somebody takes it away. Taking NIL away is not something that is on the table (nor are minorities the only one benefiting), creating some enforceable rules that apply in 50 states is. I like your unique sense of humor but you're making this one into something it's not. The day someone says only white kids can have NIL or only black kids can or only Samoan kids can or something like that, which is objectively racist, I'll be right there with you, but no one is doing that.

Well, since I'm dead, let me RIP.

Yep ole nick complaining like a little kid about folks paying above board while he has been paying players under the table. Wants that "parody" back in college football. His games are getting closer and getting his buddy in the us govt to get involved- we know that will work.

Yep ole nick complaining like a little kid about folks paying above board while he has been paying players under the table. Wants that "parody" back in college football. His games are getting closer and getting his buddy in the us govt to get involved- we know that will work.
"I just took 'em fishin'."

Regardless of our political leanings it would be good to have some ground rules for NIL that are consistent across all states. We don't want Alabama giving athletes in their state an advantage over the rest of the SEC. Fifty (50) sets of rules can't be a good thing.

If Saban needs help from the government tells me Bama doesn’t want to compete paying for players or Bama doesn’t have big NIL $ to compete with the serious players, TN, USC, TX, A&M, tOSU & GA.
They're No. 1 in recruiting right now so they seem to be doing alright in the Wild West despite predictions to the contrary.

How could you possibly create legislation, that would stand up in court, where you limit how much someone can be compensated for their services?

Reactions: SpookyAction
How could you possibly create legislation, that would stand up in court, where you limit how much someone can be compensated for their services?
Kiffin is right on this. The cap should be on the team, not the players. If they have a cap of $5 million, (for example) however they choose to divvy that up is up to the team. If it is not regulated in some fashion, it will kill small schools ability to compete. But then again, nobody cares about that, so....

Reactions: OrangeBeachVol
Kiffin is right on this. The cap should be on the team, not the players. If they have a cap of $5 million, (for example) however they choose to divvy that up is up to the team. If it is not regulated in some fashion, it will kill small schools ability to compete. But then again, nobody cares about that, so....
What small schools are competing right now? Everyone has rich boosters and if they commit then they can also play with the big boys.

Kiffin wants it because he knows he can't compete with the big boys

Reactions: igotworms
NIL is going to ruin college sports. They allowed this camel in the tent and now they are worried about it eating all the food. It would be laughable were it not so predictable.

Either way, we don’t need legislators getting involved.

Senators Tuberville, Manchin working on NIL bill

Manchin is known to be a buddy of Saban.
"The lack of meaningful leadership and a lack of clarity in this area resulting from Alston (Supreme Court decision) means that the U.S. Congress must act to set clear ground rules for student-athletes and institutions alike," the senators wrote in a letter to SEC Commissioner Greg Sankey. "Like you, we have the common goals of protecting student-athletes, ensuring fair competition and compensation, and preserving the time-honored traditions of college sports."

hahahaha

Cant really argue the fact that Tuberville and Herschel are not the 2 sharpest knives in the drawer but all things being equal the head of the executive branch talks about imaginary characters named corn pop , stated that he was running for the senate in his presidential candidacy announcement and introduced his sister as his wife (or was it vice versa ?) so all things being equal uhhh….. yeah .
Last guy in the White House slurred words and did a lot of stupid stuff too. This two party system isn't really giving us the best and brightest...mostly grifters and old politicians that are well past their prime. If you can get folks to believe that the other side hates you and the US, then you can get them to vote for some terrible candidates.

Why is a bill needed?

Because this is how USA capitalism works, when certain folks other than the privileged benefit the most from it. Our history exhibits that very explicitly. Whether you're talking about the 1924 forced eviction of a Black family off Manhattan Beach in California, the Tulsa massacre lost property results, the 1923 Rosewood massacre, local municipals invoking eminent domain to take profitable property, or the NIL. So these two senators are just an echo of this behavior under the guise of bringing order to the chaotic NIL. For those who don't know the corridors of history, they can't see beyond what they prefer to believe as opposed to the truth. And to make this a bit more palatable, it isn't necessarily limited to impact on minorities. The 1921 Redneck Revolt (United Mine Workers of America) against exploitation by coal barons. The 1927 - 1944 Great Smoky Mountains residents of Cades Cove and Cataloochee strategically forced to abandon their homes, so a park could be established. Even in modern times, Lindsay and Matt Mosteller losing their Bothell, WA-area home in 2020. Same thing for the Russell, Ky home for disabled adults. Now, these two politicians poking their noses into the NIL will just do what politicians do: Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies. - Ernest Benn -

Long live capitalism.

If Saban needs help from the government tells me Bama doesn’t want to compete paying for players or Bama doesn’t have big NIL $ to compete with the serious players, TN, USC, TX, A&M, tOSU & GA.

Your right on the first part but not the second. Saban has made it clear he does not like giving players NIL deals to recruit them, he says they should only get NIL deals after they play. Bama has as much or more $ as any college playing FB so competing in this arena is not a problem. He doesn't like it but he will do it to if it means getting all the 5*'s he wants. As Unfrozen shows, he is doing pretty well for not liking it.

VN Store

Back