Tyler Baron has entered the portal

Tennessee needs to let him walk. This is twice, which means his heart is not really in Tennessee football and he will be a disease to the team. I’m sure his draft stock took a hit with his mediocre play and upset that Pearce is getting the accolades instead of him. CJH needs to make a clear statement with this situation and tell him to clean out his locker and take a hike.
I suspect this is a two way street. Not that they wanted to lose him by any means but don’t see them going out of the way to bring him back either. Didn’t expect him back either way (NFL or portal).

Similar to the OU and Dillon Gabriel situation.

I wish instead of spending all that money on taking seats out of Neyland we allocated it to getting more talent and paying our guys
We are paying them. That’s why the O line is returning. It’s why Baron returned after doing this a few years ago.

I've never been really high on Baron. He's good but not great. Pearce, if we can get him straightened out, has a higher ceiling and is way more productive. Next man up I guess.
Two different roles. Baron is bigger and helps in the run game

Didn't he do this last year, as well?

Don't understand. He could just enter the NFL Draft instead. Is he just hoping for a huge payout to stay?

Tennessee needs to let him walk. This is twice, which means his heart is not really in Tennessee football and he will be a disease to the team. I’m sure his draft stock took a hit with his mediocre play and upset that Pearce is getting the accolades instead of him. CJH needs to make a clear statement with this situation and tell him to clean out his locker and take a hike.
He wasn't mediocre, he was one of the best in the SEC and would have double the sacks he has if everyone we played wasn't allowed to tackle him. You don't have to be happy he's leaving but you can't pretend the guy who gets held around the neck 5x a game isn't any good lol

Odd to see, but AP mentioned the other day this could happen. Seems like Baron went from wanting to go pro, to wanting to come back, to wanting to transfer in the span of a couple weeks. Always thought he was gone to the nfl anyway but I’ll be disappointed if he ends up somewhere else in the conference

Probably a negotiating tactic to make UT have to match the highest bidder.
Going to waste my time explaining this only to have people complain anyways. Some of these upperclassmen see these freshman coming in and making stellar money via NIL. They want their fair compensation as well and honestly that’s somewhat understandable.

It’s like if you’ve been at a job for a while, you’re doing a great job and bc of it your company is successful. Well the new hire that you’re training makes more money than you do. Would you be a little salty about that? Same deal with these kids.

We are paying them. That’s why the O line is returning. It’s why Baron returned after doing this a few years ago.
I know we are. But we could and should pay more. There’s no reason we should play second fiddle to anyone financially

That's college sports now. No loyalty expected or given from players or coaches. Absolute loyalty demanded from fans. You're supposed to open up your pockets and pay hundreds or thousands of dollars - or more - to people who will drop you at a moment's notice for a bigger bag.

Feels great, right? Feels awesome. "Vol For Life" -- yeah right. If the bag is big enough.

Negotiating a better NIL deal. Hope the Vols don't get outbid. He's one of the few playmakers on the defensive side.
I don’t expect him back (or for them to get in a bidding war anyways). Fully believe this is mutual in a sense.

VN Store

Back