Tyler Baron

It was Louisville for sure. Hooked up with his step brother There.
No. This was a completely different year that he almost left. He left this year for Ole Miss and ended up in Louisville then Miami. The previous year was Kentucky, already had an nil deal figured out then he backed out and stayed at Tennessee

Thread from 2022 when he was talking to UK about going there?

Last edited:
TB is a disease you know, and from accounts, that's what he is. Always will be when you have a guy who is a Me player, instead of being a Team player.
TB isn't also known as the consumption for nothing.

He wanted more money than we had for him, we identified his replacement and his replacement looked just as good yesterday. His replacement is Tyre West. (He's younger, cheaper, & more versatile too) :cool:
I agree. I think people are overthinking this. We recruited a bunch of studs and promised playing time. Then a guy we thought was going to NFL decided he wanted to play college one more year. Not fair really to hold these young kids back, like West. Remember we also are stocked at Edge and in some situations we will be playing 2 Edge rushers and no SDE.

Baron looked great yesterday. Good luck to him after sampling the Louisville and Snake Kiffin programs. Vols with incredible DL depth do not need him and no big loss for sure. Mincey was another guy with one foot out the door at all times so clean out your locker son and move on. I just hope that the true freshman qb for Florida named Lagway does not come in and make them competitive after Baron knocked out Mertz.

We’re still 3-4 deep with SEC quality at his position. It would be nice if he had stayed, especially since he was a local kid, but it is what it is. Getting him was a much bigger positive for Miami than losing him was a negative for us, and that, my friends, is the beauty of the transfer portal.

We’re still 3-4 deep with SEC quality at his position. It would be nice if he had stayed, especially since he was a local kid, but it is what it is. Getting him was a much bigger positive for Miami than losing him was a negative for us, and that, my friends, is the beauty of the transfer portal.
How he ended up at Miami is the story. Wish him the best, but to go from Tennessee via Ole Miss via Louisville via Miami is the story. It may say a lot or nothing at all. He is a player and this whole storyline maybe the reason we easily let him go. Got the fillers to fix the situation so it maybe a wash or improvement.

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT
IDK anything about his family or upbringing, but he grew up in Knoxville and, presumably, grew up a Vol fan. Even if not, I am sure that he made a tough decision for his future.
he grew up in Memphis if i remember correctly. he moved to Knoxville his junior year I believe because his dad had been hired at UT

Wanted to play LT and get more money. Neither was a possibility.
He was looking at Ole Miss for a second too. I think we offered Mincey something but it wasn’t enough at the time then we saw we could get a better player with more years to play via the portal so we let him go. He definitely didn’t help himself either by being suspended for team rules violation in the Florida game if you remember that. Kind of made an ass out of himself on social media as well after landing at Kentucky. I don’t think Kentucky broke the bank to get him and I don’t think he saw himself landing at Kentucky when he went into the portal

I hated that he left. He stood out to me when we were playing Georgia Tech and he stuffed a run at the goal line and saved a win. But, he had to go. He made it clear.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Tyler was getting overshadowed by pierce. He made some future NFL money in the Florida game. The dude is a qb killer,took mertz out like he did against pitt. couple yrs back.good for him,he wanted more money.dont blame him for that.the future is not guaranteed.

Not really. I wouldn’t say cancer. He’s tried to leave a couple of times and been talked down. His father was on staff at one point and then let go. I think with the emergence of West and some others it just wasn’t that critical to bring him back. Went to Ole Miss something went down there with the money; went to Louisville some crap went down there as well. Handler was rumored to be involved and Brohm was over it; Baron also had some injury issues there. Ended up at Miami then.

He’s a good player but you shouldn’t have to rerecruit a player every single year. Eventually when you hit the portal they’re gonna let you go.
He sounds like a legend in his own mind

VN Store

Back