Tyler Bray: "I may have stayed at TN, if I known that I wouldn't be drafted"

This is what I find so pathetic. There were actually people on this board who's day got better when the final pick of the draft came and went, and Bray remained unselected. That really must be a sad kind of life.

Who's "day" got better when Bray went undrafted? Did they call and tell you their day was made better by Bray being undrafted?

It would be a sad existence if it were true though...

Reactions: 1 person
Who would have thought BJ would get drafted and Bray wouldn't?

Odds BJ has the longer NFL career? although it will almost be impossible not to make KC's roster for Bray. I think Reid can do wonders for qbs.

Who's "day" got better when Bray went undrafted? Did they call and tell you their day was made better by Bray being undrafted?

It would be a sad existence if it were true though...

Go back and read the "Bray still undrafted" thread. There were PLENTY if people reveling in the fact that he wasn't picked.

This is what I find so pathetic. There were actually people on this board who's day got better when the final pick of the draft came and went, and Bray remained unselected. That really must be a sad kind of life.

Started to just let it go, but need to clarify--

My day neither got better nor worse when Bray failed to get drafted--my life doesn't rise or fall with the outcome of Tenn. football games--nor is it wrapped up in the lives of 18-22 yr old young men! I realize that this is Volnation, but it doesn't make you pathetic or a negavol to objectively evaluate a player's performance and ability.

What is pathetic and has been pathetic over the last few years is reading what all of you homers have continually predicted--even from Bray's freshman year--that he was a lock for a first round draft choice. Now that he was undrafted--where are you all?

Once again, Gruden--a former Vol coach (grad assistant)--and renowned QB expert--said Bray made him sick to his stomach! Like it or not--he represents the NFL attitude towards Bray--that's reality.

Finally--as I've said before--I hope Tyler grows up and does well in Kansas City! If that is what you call pathetic, te salut.

Last edited:
You, who admittedly was not good enough to play at the SEC level, get your panties wet by taking shots at a player who was good enough. He may never start in the NFL but he was picked up by an NFL team and has a shot at playing at the highest level.

uncle_rico.jpg

It may have escaped your notice--Junior--but Vince Lombardi never played in the NFL! But, I think he proved to be a decent coach.....:salute:

What about John Madden? He didn't even play in college, did he?

I think he did, but got hurt early on, or maybe he got hurt in the NFL early on and became a young coach. I've got two of his books and should remember, but gettin' old....

:salute:

I think he did, but got hurt early on, or maybe he got hurt in the NFL early on and became a young coach. I've got two of his books and should remember, but gettin' old....

:salute:
I looked it up. Madden played in college, but got hurt and didn't play in the NFL. I found 6 college coaches who never played football at the college level. Mike Leach, David Cutcliffe, George O'Leary, Bobby Hauck, Charlie Weis, and Paul Johnson.

I only found one head coach in the NFL who never played football in college. Todd Haley, Kansas City Chiefs Head Coach from 2009-2011 played on the golf teams at both Florida and Miami, but no football. He is currently Off. Co-ordinator for the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Go back and read the "Bray still undrafted" thread. There were PLENTY if people reveling in the fact that he wasn't picked.

I don't revel in it however I am disgusted that one or our should be star players wasn't drafted. I did say in Negateer's "Bray is god" thread that he wouldn't be drafted. Tried to find it the other day but it is so far back it has been removed I guess.

I looked it up. Madden played in college, but got hurt and didn't play in the NFL. I found 6 college coaches who never played football at the college level. Mike Leach, David Cutcliffe, George O'Leary, Bobby Hauck, Charlie Weis, and Paul Johnson.

I only found one head coach in the NFL who never played football in college. Todd Haley, Kansas City Chiefs Head Coach from 2009-2011 played on the golf teams at both Florida and Miami, but no football. He is currently Off. Co-ordinator for the Pittsburgh Steelers.

I thought Cutcliff signed with Alabama and got hurt before he played there. :salute:

I never thought he would go undrafted. I am not made happy by it at all either. I do understand the apathy towards him the NFL showed based solely on the way he handles himself. He left a lot on the table in these last three years. He under-prepared and underperformed. Plain & simple. No other way to put it. That is why he fell like he did. But to revel in anothers downfall is fairly sad. I don't feel like I did that at all and if someone did that is messed up.

I never thought he would go undrafted. I am not made happy by it at all either. I do understand the apathy towards him the NFL showed based solely on the way he handles himself. He left a lot on the table in these last three years. He under-prepared and underperformed. Plain & simple. No other way to put it. That is why he fell like he did. But to revel in anothers downfall is fairly sad. I don't feel like I did that at all and if someone did that is messed up.

The unfortunate thing with VN is that you either are all in or all out. Making a reasoned, informed, honest opinion on VN is unacceptable. Like I said above, I am sorry he wasn't drafted, but I didn't expect him to be and quite honestly I didn't and don't care for the kid. If he wins a spot with the Chiefs, great. If he becomes a great NFL QB then I may come to support him. However, the fact still remains that he basically left a lot on the table at TN including a few victories (as Pimp pointed out) and that leaves me giving an unpopular opinion and being not even luke warm on the guy. The only comparable that I see to him is Jeff George (actually worked with Jeff George's room mate in college). Tons of talent but a mental and emotional midget. Hopefully that changes, but I was saying "hopefully that changes" a year ago too.

Of course, TB could give a crap about what I or anyone else on VN thinks........

I kind of revel in being right... but I have no ill will against him.

That said, Dooley couldn't coach, Sunseri was a ridiculously bad hire, and Bray is a choker... that's pretty much the story line for the 2012 UT Vol football team.

Bray has great skills. Had there not been the questions I raised and guys like you denied... he'd have been taken in the first two rounds at worst. I'm not even sure it is fixable though I hope for his sake it is. He doesn't have the courage and good judgment to be picked in the draft. These teams learned their lessons with guys like Ryan Leaf and Jeff George. It takes more than a great arm to be an NFL QB.

I kind of revel in being right... but I have no ill will against him.

That said, Dooley couldn't coach, Sunseri was a ridiculously bad hire, and Bray is a choker... that's pretty much the story line for the 2012 UT Vol football team.

Bray has great skills. Had there not been the questions I raised and guys like you denied... he'd have been taken in the first two rounds at worst. I'm not even sure it is fixable though I hope for his sake it is. He doesn't have the courage and good judgment to be picked in the draft. These teams learned their lessons with guys like Ryan Leaf and Jeff George. It takes more than a great arm to be an NFL QB.

:good!:

Well said SJ.

liking to see others fail or suffer is too popular here. I think most levelheaded people will pull for him and hope he grows up, but are somewhat relieved that both he and UT have moved on, regardless of his potential talent and arm.

VN Store

Back