TYLER REDMOND COMMITS TO TN!!

And of course BOT liked the dumbazz comment because its negative.

Class of 25. Its 2023. So hes an underclassmen probably 16 years old playing corner. They dont rate those as 5* EVER. NEVER, EVER PERIOD. In fact, getting a 4* ranking at that age as a DB is very rare...like your Dad is probably an NFL player or at least was a bigshot in college with name recognition.

Yall Negas make me sick. If you enjoy trashing the VOLS at every turn...why not just pull for a rival instead? Dont let the door hit ya...

WELCOME TO TENNESSEE YOUNG MAN. BIG THINGS COMING ON ROCKY TOP.
Good thing there's an edit button home slice...

We aren’t competing with bama and Georgia in the foreseeable future. We just need to be in position to sneak into the playoff. Same goal as all the other 14 SEC teams.

Reactions: volfeeva
Oh boy another 3 star.
Don't know that I'd read much into the star ratings 2 years out. The recruiting services tend to focus more on the upcoming class (2024) and will upping the ratings after the '24 class closes. Offer list is normally more important. His offer list includes Ohio State, A&M, and Florida.

Even Georgia has three 3-stars for the '25 class (out of 8 recruits) and zero 5 stars.

He's a 6'2" DB and his highlight reel is pretty good. He loves UT so much, he committed after watching us get blown out 38-10. GBO!

Last edited:
Ohio State and Florida offered but I’m sure he sucks. Some of you suck badly.
Agree
UGA and Bama each have three 5 stars committed for 2025

Not corners man. Cornerbacks is what we are discussing because some folks here apparently evaluate talent better than our professional coaches do...in their minds anyway.

The 2023 class had 3 total Corners at 5*

The 2024 class had 1 total Corner at 5*.

Player ratings are revised several times a year, each year. This 16yo kid may end up anywhere from a 3* to a 5* corner....but the odds of anyone in this country being a 5* corner in ANY given year are about 1 in 100million or so. A couple a year in the whole country....or this next class (2024) there is only 1. One. So its a 1 in 340,000,000 chance as an American to be a 5* corner this year.

Like you, I am acutely aware that UGA and Bama have better recruiting classes than UT. That gap is closing fast under CJH though, which is great. Check out this screenshot of someones post of their last 10 classes or so....it is exactly why they are the best 2 teams in football. The backups...2nd team at every position from either school...are a TOP 10 team with a good coach like CJH coaching them. True story. We are gaining ground though and NIL is leveling the field some for elite programs willing to spend huge $$$

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231118-175903_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231118-175903_Chrome.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: orangebloodgmc
BOOM!!

Tennessee has landed another commit in the 2025 class out of the state of Georgia. The latest to announce his intentions to be a Vol was three-star cornerback Tyler Redmond out of Alpharetta. He was on campus for the game against Georgia on Saturday.
This is enormous. Surprising too. If we keep adding to our team like this, we will win big.

Yeah....same service YOU chose...in 2023 there were 3 corners that were 5* all seniors of course.

in 2024 there was only 1 corner thats a 5*.....he was a senior too of course.

Oh....MY BAD man....OUT OF 340 MILLION AMERICANS THERE ARE FIVE (5) RATED 5* AS OF NOW AS SOPHOMORES HAHAHAHAHAHA

THATS 5 IN 340,000,000 FOR THOSE THAT STRUGGLE WITH MATH. Know how many Americans get struck by lightning every year, or attacked by sharks????

53 people got struck by lightning in 2022. So youre 10x as likely to get struck by lightning last year than you are to be rated a 5* corner this year.....

On average there are 16 SHARK attacks a year in the US....so a person is 3x as likely to be attacked by a shark in the US as rated a 5* corner for 2025 this year...

ANY service worth a damn only rates 32 TOTAL players at ANY position in a given class as a 5*...because a 5* recruit is supposed to be a lock as a 1st round draft pick and there are only 32 1st round picks any given year. So i guess on 247 they think that in 2025 out of 32 players that will be 1st round draft picks that 5 of them will be corners. Is that typical?

You get your azz handed to you on this website more than any poster in history....i have seen it for years just in the FF not even counting the PF. Keep hating you miserable Nega. Hope that works out for you.
Your ridiculous analogies are just that. You made a stupid post and got called out in it. You made an erroneous statement and its was defeated by actual facts. You bringing up 2023 and people being struck by lightning? Dude get real.

Here are facts you just can’t handle. You want to beat teams like UGA? You recruit like they do. Again please answer this question. Why don’t you want the best players to come to TN?

Reactions: volpass
Landing 3*s is a win-win-win...

The player gets a chance to play in the SEC, and get a top notch education at the same time.

The board wins two times over, we get to "BOOM" and talk about how the only reason the player is a 3* and not a 4* is because they chose UT over <insert other school who offered>, and then we win again when we can blame the 3* recruits as the reason why we can't even compete with <insert team that thrashed us>.

What's not to love?

Landing 3*s is a win-win-win...

The player gets a chance to play in the SEC, and get a top notch education at the same time.

The board wins two times over, we get to "BOOM" and talk about how the only reason the player is a 3* and not a 4* is because they chose UT over <insert other school who offered>, and then we win again when we can blame the 3* recruits as the reason why we can't even compete with <insert team that thrashed us>.

What's not to love?
Lots of truth here

Your ridiculous analogies are just that. You made a stupid post and got called out in it. You made an erroneous statement and its was defeated by actual facts. You bringing up 2023 and people being struck by lightning? Dude get real.

Here are facts you just can’t handle. You want to beat teams like UGA? You recruit like they do. Again please answer this question. Why don’t you want the best players to come to TN?

Yeah...the facts that the 2023 and 2024 classes only have 4 total corners at 5* which of course are seniors has no relevance whatsoever. Lol. You have absolutely no idea how many corners will still be rated at 5* when it actually matters in 2025 and neither do i....but the most recent 2 classes suggest it will be a couple at most.

Also if you actually read my post above i clearly admitted i was wrong because the number wasn't zero. Something you're nearly incapable of doing because you're a whiny little bitch that likes to argue and have been for a decade. Glad you don’t come to the PF anymore where everyone got tired of arguing with you lady.

Anyway...I don't argue with women, children, nor idiots and I am absolutely certain you check a box or 2 there so I am out. Quit bagging on UT recruits though like a mental midget. These are VOLS, and unlike you are so great at something that they get full scholarships to play sports at an elite University in the best football conference on Earth. I bet my life that no SEC school ever offered you an athletic scholarship in any sport, so in ANY case these kids are far superior to your miserable butt.

And of course BOT liked the dumbazz comment because its negative.

Class of 25. Its 2023. So hes an underclassmen probably 16 years old playing corner. They dont rate those as 5* EVER. NEVER, EVER PERIOD. In fact, getting a 4* ranking at that age as a DB is very rare...like your Dad is probably an NFL player or at least was a bigshot in college with name recognition.

Yall Negas make me sick. If you enjoy trashing the VOLS at every turn...why not just pull for a rival instead? Dont let the door hit ya...

WELCOME TO TENNESSEE YOUNG MAN. BIG THINGS COMING ON ROCKY TOP.
No 5 star CBs in the 25 class yet however there are 25 4 stars according to 247, so not that rare. This kid will probably end up a 4 star when all is said and done, who knows he might not even make it to Knoxville the recruiting process is so fluid. But regardless, I hope wherever he ends up he balls out and has a great experience.

This is Martinez' contract year. Wonder if he will be renewed?
Yes, he will likely be given a raise, an extension and multiple bonuses. Possibly even a promotion.

Why? I don't know. This is just what seems to happen in Knoxville.

Willie Martinez HAS to have MAJOR dirt on multiple people in the college football world. He has coached everywhere, his secondaries have historically sucked and SOMEHOW this dude keeps getting jobs. He is literally a cat with 9 lives.....

Reactions: orangemadam
Just sad that UT only got one 3 star commit out of the biggest recruiting weekend of the year. Recruits got to see a Championship level program destroy a middle of the road SEC program, it makes a difference.

Did you watch the Georgia game? It was obvious on so many plays that were made by Georgia that you could tell the talent difference between their 5 stars and our 3’s that even Stevie Wonder could see it. You want to beat Georgia one day right? Well you aren’t doing that with 3 star guys with 5 star hearts.
Exactly. Why on earth folks cannot understand that recruiting is the lifeline of your program. It's 99.5% about talent in the NCAA. Do folks really think Kirby Smart is some type of genius? Cmon. UT needs to recruit better if it wants to compete with the best. Period. End of story.
I'm happy for the kid. Good for him.

Reactions: Big Orange Rob

VN Store

Back