U.S. Navy Not Fit For War

We should be purchasing Japan’s Taigei class submarines by the bushel.

And South Korea’s Aegis equipped destroyers.

No, we should bar retired O-6 and above retirees from working for defense contractors and eliminate the union labor requirement from shipbuilding.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
No, we should bar retired O-6 and above retirees from working for defense contractors and eliminate the union labor requirement from shipbuilding.
you probably know welding well..look at that photo I posted on that brand new multi billion dollar Burke..does that look like craftsmanship to you?

Sad to see the arsenal of democracy become so hollow.
You are correct.we might as well let them build them rather than license them, spend a fortune modifying and years of delays.Like the new frigates.
Absolutely we should let them build them. Would do no good to “license” them and produce them here - we can’t replicate their production..

The Frigate. Holy hell. We licensed that - an existing, proven platform. Ostensibly to speed production.

The Navy, of course, insisted on gold plating the damn thing.
Last I read, less than 30% of the design still shared commonality with the original platform…

jusy who are these clowns..has it not been known that SK has been one of the worlds largest shipbuilders for decades. We are run by morons.
I'm a fool and a tool when I say the exact same thing, though.

Our MIC is driven by low volume and high profits vs high volume and lower profits.

Everything in our military needs to be produced here. Production should be open to union and non union shops.
In a perfect world, yes.

But we can’t keep up.
Japan & South Korea share our common foe.
Japan & South Korea build really good boats. And they cost a hell of a lot less than ours.

We should be utilizing their capacity to augment our production.

In a perfect world, yes.

But we can’t keep up.
Japan & South Korea share our common foe.
Japan & South Korea build really good boats. And they cost a hell of a lot less than ours.

We should be utilizing their capacity to augment our production.

I get the sentiment and don’t completely disagree since we are where we are in the trades but we should be working towards matching their capability instead of relying on them.

you probably know welding well..look at that photo I posted on that brand new multi billion dollar Burke..does that look like craftsmanship to you?
South Korea’s Aegis destroyers do everything our Burke’s do.

They’re a little bit smaller.
And they’re just under $1B out the door.

I get the sentiment and don’t completely disagree since we are where we are in the trades but we should be working towards matching their capability instead of relying on them.
100% agree that we should be working to match their capability.

We aren’t. And show zero signs of improving.

Maybe outsourcing a few boats would provide the impetus needed for our domestic producers to get it in gear.

I think it’s 2.2-2.4 for a new Burke. No way we get DDX rolling off the lines at $3B per…
I would not think we need 12k tons either as loadouts wont be dramatically increased iirc..I know they are looking for electrical power though. At that displacement we get fewer and goes against distributed warfare that we have discussed.

They are gonna shoehorn that electric drive I am afraid…one AB already has it and it has been a failure from what I read.

I would not think we need 12k tons either as loadouts wont be dramatically increased iirc..I know they are looking for electrical power though. At that displacement we get fewer and goes against distributed warfare that we have discussed.

They are gonna shoehorn that electric drive I am afraid…one AB already has it and it has been a failure from what I read.

I’m all for hybrid-electric. But not if the damn thing doesn’t work…

Have you seen our navy? Lmao. This is coming from a guy who lived in an off grid compound with a navy seal and a boiler room guy, i poked fun at the navy for years and they laugh their ass off every time. They know I know how incredible the navy was before the zionist takeover of our country.

Attachments

• 211019-Rachel-Levine-al-1249-66bcea.jpg
    211019-Rachel-Levine-al-1249-66bcea.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 0

VN Store

Back