UFC on Fox 4 - August 4th @ 8PM ET

I would have been cool with either getting the shot, but I definitely won't argue Machida getting it.

I shouldn't either.

I like Machida, he's a great fighter and I wanted him to win tonight.

In a way it's win-win that either one gets a shot because I like them both more than Bones but Shogun is one of my favorite fighters. Was just hoping he'd get the shot.

Machida is great though.

I would love to see JDS knock Bones out, Bones is a bad bad man, but I dont like him

He's definitely a bad man and he seems nice enough but I'm not big on him either. It was easy to pull for him against Rashad but I'd pull for just about anyone else against him.

Tag team. Jones fights Machida and after he chokes him or KOs him Rua immediately gets in the cage.

Lol, imagine a UFC gauntlet heavyweight match. Roy Nelson starts off vs somebody else and they just exchange punches till one of them gets knocked down, if Roy goes down, whoever knocks him down wins, when he knocks the other guy down, a new guy takes his place. Roy Nelson can take some punches, I love watchin him fight!

Not sure we saw a healthy Shogun tonight.

True.

Not sure he ever will be.

I still can't believe his face looking normal with all of the shots he took. That's not natural.

He took big enough blows that he should have a swollen eye, a bruise, a cut... something. But his face looked unscathed. Pretty weird.

Well....

Let's go Machida if that's what it's going to be!

If Bones were to lose to Henderson, he should get the first crack over Machida. And same if he beats Henderson, then loses to Machida.

Bones deserves the first shot to win back the title if he loses as much as I hate it.

Shogun... :( lol

I will say that if Bones finishes Machida again, I blame the fans.

On one hand, I get that White cares what fans want. On the other hand... you're running the show. Machida over Shogun isn't a bad choice but I question him backtracking on his statement that the winner of the Shogun and Vera fight would get the title shot. The fans got to him and while I thought Vera getting a title shot would be a joke, look at the fight he put up. White believed in Vera and the fans completely swayed him to change his mind before the fight ever happened.

Maybe White was right without the fans hounding him on twitter and allowing them to vote. Maybe Vera was just a good opponent. That fight was definitely amazing.

It is what it is... anyways...........

I enjoyed the night so I'll stop complaining. :)

Last edited:
I'm glad White changed his mind. There was no reason to not allow Machida or Bader a chance to get their rematch. There was a mistake and instead of going along with it White corrected the mistake.

Alright, so... wild prediction for LHW division

Jones vs. Hendo - I got Jones in this one. Hendo moves back down to middleweight.

Rua will either wait for the the Jones vs. Machida fight to be over before being the next person or will fight Evans. By this point Gustafsson will have fought Vera, Bader, or Griffin to be within title contention. Gustafsson then fights the winner of Rua vs. Evans, and that person will fight Jones.

Jones wins, moves up to HW

Machida, Rua, Evans and Gustafsson all need to fight each other to see who gets the chance for the vacant title.

And Top had just calmed down too

lol

I've been calm for the most part.

Just disappointed.

Machida went down half way through the first round against Shogun. Vera almost made it through 4 and he took plenty.

I guess by that logic, Machida lasted 3 rounds against Shogun the firs time.

Just always thought that a healthy Shogun poses more a challenge to Bones than Machida.

If anything, White messed the night up. Everyone thought Machida and Shogun would win. The fights were great but how is it fair to say "You two are the best, the guy who dominates their opponent more gets the title shot". He didn't just mess up by saying the winner of Shogun and Vera get the title shot only to backtrack. He messed up by not making them fight head to head in the first place. Shogun essentially has to wait a year now for a potential title shot.

What happened tonight is the reason college football removed margin of victory from factoring into who is the best. Machida won sooner... who said Bader is better than Vera? His record? 5-7 Tennessee crushed 10-3 Cincy. The way this was set up was kind of dumb imo.

If Dana White truly believed Shogun and Vera were the best, it's sad fans influenced him to say "Who ever wins the fastest gets the shot". It took Shogun longer than Machida but both guys knocked their opponents out.

But again, I digress. It is what it is.

From the Underground

UFC on FOX 4
$50,000 Performance Bonuses

Fight of the Night
Joe Lauzon and Jamie Varner

Submission of the Night
Joe Lauzon

Knockout of the Night
Mike Swick

Joe Lauzon is widely reported to be tied with Demain Maia, Terry Etim, and Nate Diaz for most Submission of the Night performance bonus wins, at four each.

So off topic of the title fights....

Who does Shogun fight next? Evans?

Shogun not only has to bide his time waiting but he'll probably have to fight someone like Evans and that winner gets the title shot.

He's not owed anything but yeah, this was a pretty big set back for him assuming Machida gets the title shot.

From the Underground

UFC on FOX 4
$50,000 Performance Bonuses

Fight of the Night
Joe Lauzon and Jamie Varner

Submission of the Night
Joe Lauzon

Knockout of the Night
Mike Swick

Joe Lauzon is widely reported to be tied with Demain Maia, Terry Etim, and Nate Diaz for most Submission of the Night performance bonus wins, at four each.

I don't know why but I was pulling for Varner. Great fight though.

The Swick knockout was just awesome haha. It really was Henderson-esque when he knocked out bisping.

So off topic of the title fights....

Who does Shogun fight next? Evans?

Shogun not only has to bide his time waiting but he'll probably have to fight someone like Evans and that winner gets the title shot.

He's not owed anything but yeah, this was a pretty big set back for him assuming Machida gets the title shot.

Yeah. It's a catch 22 for him. If he waits he'll probably get the next title shot after Jones vs. Machida. But that is a long time away from the ring. Shogun is a guy that is use to fighting 2-3 times a year. The last time he only had one fight in a year was 2010. Ring rust is not something you want when you go fight Jones.

*Franklin vs. Nate Corey

I want to say I saw this but I'm not remembering?

Could you hook me up with a link or gif?

Been waiting on a gif for the Swick fight but I know how it's different. Henderson clocked Bisping and then dropped another bomb even though he was out. Swick tripped DeMarques and shoved him down but he flew to the ground dropping a bomb just like Henderson did on the second blow. Then added two extra massive blows that weren't really needed. Henderson knew Bisping was out and threw the extra shot anyways for good measure. Swick admitted that he knew DeMarques(pretty they're friends) was out but he wanted the knockout and it was payback for messing up is eye. Haha.... I love friends who are competitive. Reminds me of the good ole days of playing basketball for fun with friends or video games. We'd do whatever to win, rub it in during the process and after the fact. Good times.

I suppose that's a little different than brain damage but ya know :p

Been waiting on a gif for the Swick fight but I know how it's different. Henderson clocked Bisping and then dropped another bomb even though he was out. Swick tripped DeMarques and shoved him down but he flew to the ground dropping a bomb just like Henderson did on the second blow. Then added two extra massive blows for good measure. Henderson knew Bisping was out and threw the extra shot anyways for good measure. Swick admitted that he knew DeMarques(pretty they're friends) was out but he wanted the knockout and it was payback for messing up is eye. Haha.... I love friends who are competitive. Reminds me of the good ole days of playing basketball for fun with friends or video games. We'd do whatever to win, rub it in during the process and after the fact. Good times.

Hendo got someone in Pride the same way. I think it was Chonan.

Yeah. It's a catch 22 for him. If he waits he'll probably get the next title shot after Jones vs. Machida. But that is a long time away from the ring. Shogun is a guy that is use to fighting 2-3 times a year. The last time he only had one fight in a year was 2010. Ring rust is not something you want when you go fight Jones.

Yeah. And no way will he not fight until he gets a shot, don't think Dana would even allow that. But you can't just ignore Evans or whoever else while Shogun waits for his shot. He isn't just going to be handed a nobody while waiting a year and then force Evans to wait 1.5-2 years. It's probably going to be Evans and that worries me.

And you can't put him up against Davis while Evans fights Gustaffson. Shogun will have to fight for the number one contender spot again.

I guess he's gotta do what he's gotta do but I'm thinking Evans and that would be interesting. Would like to think he knocks Evans out again, Machida style.

Been waiting on a gif for the Swick fight but I know how it's different. Henderson clocked Bisping and then dropped another bomb even though he was out. Swick tripped DeMarques and shoved him down but he flew to the ground dropping a bomb just like Henderson did on the second blow. Then added two extra massive blows that weren't really needed. Henderson knew Bisping was out and threw the extra shot anyways for good measure. Swick admitted that he knew DeMarques(pretty they're friends) was out but he wanted the knockout and it was payback for messing up is eye. Haha.... I love friends who are competitive. Reminds me of the good ole days of playing basketball for fun with friends or video games. We'd do whatever to win, rub it in during the process and after the fact. Good times.

• UFC 56: Rich Franklin vs. Nate Quarry

VN Store

Back