UFC on Fox 4 - August 4th @ 8PM ET

Joe Rogan is right that Machida's win was more impressive... sort of.

Machida dominated more.

But Shogun ate so many shots and his face looked fine. He also got out of a submission. Vera's face was messed up after the first or second round.

Machida is great and I wouldn't mind seeing him fight Bones but I'd love to see Shogun get one more shot a few months from now when he'll probably be fully recovered.

Joe Rogan is right that Machida's win was more impressive... sort of.

Machida dominated more.

But Shogun ate so many shots and looked fine and also got out of a submission. Vera's face was messed up after the first or second round.

Machida is great and I wouldn't mind seeing him
fight Bones but I'd love to see Shogun jget one more shot a few months from now when he'll probably be fully recovered.

I think Bones beats Shogun easy. Dragon at least has a shot.

I'm going to give it to The Dragon as well. Ever since Jones beat Evans I've thought that Machida is the only guy in LHW that can possible confuse Jones enough to land enough good punches that Jones may get rocked.

I think Bones beats Shogun easy. Dragon at least has a shot.

To be fair, Rua knocked Machida out in their second fight after Machida won by decision in their first fight. Machida has recently been free falling with no excuse for it but Shogun has been fighting off major surgeries.

But looks like Dana is saying Machida. Glad Dana is a man of his word.... "The winner of the Shogun and Vera fight gets the shot. Nevermind, I'm just going to do what the fans say".

UFC is great but personally, I can't stand Dana White. He learned a lot from Vince McMahon.

Randy Couture gets it.

Rua ate shots, looked fine. Almost submitted, got out of it.

Everytime it looked like Rua was in trouble, he rebounded to whoop Vera's ass.

Jon Jones said Machida isn't a challenge before and he's figured out the puzzle and Machida himself basically said the fight will happen the same way if they fight again and Jones is just better.

Can't wait to watch Jones beat the same Machida he beat before.... then he'll forfeit the title to go Heavyweight and we'll never see a healthy Shogun vs. Bones. That would be the worst.

To be fair, Rua knocked Machida out in their second fight after Machida won by decision in their first fight. Machida has recently been free falling with no excuse for it but Shogun has been fighting off major surgeries.

But looks like Dana is saying Machida. Glad Dana is a man of his word.... "The winner of the Shogun and Vera fight gets the shot. Nevermind, I'm just going to do what the fans say".

UFC is great but personally, I can't stand Dana White. He learned a lot from Vince McMahon.

to that last sentence, let's have a triple threat match lol

Styles make fights. Dragon has better shot against Bones. I think Shogun would beat Dragon again.

Randy Couture gets it.

Jon Jones said Machida isn't a challenge before and he's figured out the puzzle and Machida himself basically said the fight will happen the same way if they fight again and Jones is just better.

Can't wait to watch Jones beat the same Machida he beat before.... then he'll forfeit the title to go Heavyweight and we'll never see a healthy Shogun vs. Bones. That would be the worst.

I would have been cool with either getting the shot, but I definitely won't argue Machida getting it.

Machida gave Jones trouble before the choke. Bones destroyed shogun.
I like shogun better. But it's who I think can win not who I like.

A Shogun that was coming off surgery.

Recovery and it changing you physically is important enough but how long was he sidelined without conditioning and training?

Machida could maybe beat Bones but Shogun never had a fair shot. "You just came out of surgery and are out of shape, go fight the chosen one now".

Randy Couture gets it.

I would love to see JDS knock Bones out, Bones is a bad bad man, but I dont like him

Randy Couture gets it.

Not sure we saw a healthy Shogun tonight.

Styles make fights. Dragon has better shot against Bones. I think Shogun would beat Dragon again.

This is true.

I just really wanted Shogun to get the shot so it sucks that I'll have to wait a year before he gets his next shot. He'll fight one time in between and even if he wins, who knows if Henderson beats Bones(doubt it) or Machida beats the winner and so on. If Bones loses, I think he should get the first rematch. Who knows when Shogun gets his next shot and it could be a loooong time. So yeah, I'm just kind of bias at the moment.

Not only did Shogun eat Vera's shots without looking to out of it at any point, let's give Vera credit too. Shogun was dropping bombs and wobbling all over multiple times. Maybe Vera just had an unreal chin tonight. I know Shogun did because the shots he took were insane and the only part about his face that look bad were the bags under his eyes. Looked that way before the fight started... lol

Tag team. Jones fights Machida and after he chokes him or KOs him Rua immediately gets in the cage.

VN Store

Back