UFC on Fox - January 26th @ 8PM ET

Counter-punchers are ok.. I don't hate chuck for that reason, I have just never been a fan. He just comes across as a douche bag idiot to me. Sorry man. Lol

I don't dislike Chuck, so much as I disliked his fans. I don't understand what made him so appealing to posers and rednecks, but that seemed to make up like 98% of his fanbase. I'm sure there are some people who, to this day, couldn't name any MMA fighter other than Chuck Liddell.

Chuck is lucky he came along when he did, because with the present state of the LHW division, he would be nothing more than a punching bag.

I don't dislike Chuck, so much as I disliked his fans. I don't understand what made him so appealing to posers and rednecks, but that seemed to make up like 98% of his fanbase. I'm sure there are some people who, to this day, couldn't name any MMA fighter other than Chuck Liddell.

Chuck is lucky he came along when he did, because with the present state of the LHW division, he would be nothing more than a punching bag.

So he is the Stone Cold of MMA? Lol I never got the appeal of the guy, then again I liked Tito so what do I know.

Punching bag might be a little harsh. I do think he'd be a middle of the pack guy though.

I liked Chuck because he didn't look like much, he'd often put people to sleep, and he almost always had a good fight.

The fight game has evolved well past Liddell's skill set, but he KO'd Couture twice, Ortiz twice, Overeem, and no KO but he demolished W Silva. He had a great resume.

I liked Chuck because he didn't look like much, he'd often put people to sleep, and he almost always had a good fight.

The fight game has evolved well past Liddell's skill set, but he KO'd Couture twice, Ortiz twice, Overeem, and no KO but he demolished W Silva. He had a great resume.

His resume is top-notch for sure. I definitely don't want to diminish what the guy accomplished, but the new breed of LHWs would have destroyed him, for the most part.

Speaking of weight classes evolving, 5 years ago today, Randy Couture was the UFC HW champ. Seems like ages ago.

Yeah...it's all a fair criticism of Liddell, but you think about it he beat much more polished fighters and all he had going for him was great kickboxing and great takedown defense. That's pretty much it. I still can't believe he beat Couture twice.

Liddell was so tough but he'd have no chance against Jon Jones.

Yeah...it's all a fair criticism of Liddell, but you think about it he beat much more polished fighters and all he had going for him was great kickboxing and great takedown defense. That's pretty much it. I still can't believe he beat Couture twice.

Liddell was so tough but he'd have no chance against Jon Jones.

Not just Bones. Liddell, even in his prime, would be an underdog against Rashad, Gustafsson, Shogun, Glover, Rampage, Machida, and Hendo.

VN Store

Back