Uh-Oh, Heup Is A Traitor In The Eyes Of Some

I never really cared for the Woo, but if it were taken out now, it would sound like an awkward second of silence. I’m just used to hearing it.
For the longest time, the pause where the woo is now was the norm. It seems like the woo infiltrated the song in the early 2000s.

Reactions: UTblood4life
But the Heup is in the good graces of a former Vols QB. Go Vols! Become Heuponized!

And Heupel, Heupel, Heupel, the Vol bear, a-howling, a-growling, and a-pawing the air.

Last edited:
Reactions: Volbackhomefromtx
This again? It’s been my experience that if you’re singing the chorus loudly… you don’t have time for the Woo as you finish “Good Ole Rocky Top”… that’s what irks me, 90% of people that woo don’t sing the words.

The problem with the woo is people quit singing once they woo. And the last 8 bars is quiet compared to the first 8.

I never really cared for the Woo, but if it were taken out now, it would sound like an awkward second of silence. I’m just used to hearing it.

Yeah, exactly this. I'm anti-Woo, but it's essentially part of the song at this point. At games, many fans don't even sing the chorus but just wait for the "Woo!". So what the hell, if Heup is in I suppose that settles it.

Reactions: luthervol

VN Store

Back