Uh-Oh, Heup Is A Traitor In The Eyes Of Some

Disappointing.
Not my fault I harbor extraterrestrial DNA. Pop was abducted on the way home from a nighttime Vols game, his, ahem, bio-material was used for hybridization purposes, and so... But my question remains unanswered. Is it too late for me to quit the Raëlian Church? II do sing Rockytop, just without the woo. I try to be a purest despite being a hybrid EBE.

So, is this divided fanbase concerning the WOO the same as Nonstanding bluehairs vs the Rowdy and disrespectful youngins?
Bluehairs pay the bills....and I hate the woo. And let's see more of the Tennessee Walkin' Horse.

Reactions: Boca Vol
Not my fault I harbor extraterrestrial DNA. Pop was abducted on the way home from a nighttime Vols game, his, ahem, bio-material was used for hybridization purposes, and so... But my question remains unanswered. Is it too late for me to quit the Raëlian Church? II do sing Rockytop, just without the woo. I try to be a purest despite being a hybrid EBE.
I am glad you are proud of your Rael heritage. Your post was in poor taste. I am sure your daily life is "out of this world". 😇

I am glad you are proud of your Rael heritage. Your post was in poor taste. I am sure your daily life is "out of this world". 😇
You still didn't answer the question. Interesting your screen name is Pride, but it certainly is relevant, I guess a fall comes next.
The funny thing is, if you're what you claim to be, instead of getting all self-righteous, you should fulfill your mission mandate by directing a wayward fellow to The Way..

Last edited:
Josh is just honest. He is a good Christian and wears his faith on his sleeves and I am proud he is our coach
Why does that matter?

And I guess good for him, but what you profess? By your comment you’re a Christian, but by what you’re wearing on your “internet sleeve,” you’re more into titties than you are the Bible… and Im not saying that’s wrong, just wanted to ask.

Bluehairs pay the bills....and I hate the woo. And let's see more of the Tennessee Walkin' Horse.
2022 revenue broke down as: Donations 35 million (skews toward older folks). 35 million in ticket sales(skews toward 18-34 year olds). 78 million in rights and licensing, 4 million in "other", 1 million I'm student fees, and 200k in school funds.

Rights and Licensing pay the bills. Most of that is the ESPN deal which is the by far the biggest chunk of AD revenue.

Last edited:
For the longest time, the pause where the woo is now was the norm. It seems like the woo infiltrated the song in the early 2000s.
There was definitely wooing in the mid- to late-nineties when I was there. It's hard to pinpoint exactly when it started.

Reactions: PEPPERJAX
There is NO "WOO!' in Rocky Top...

Yeah and there is not a banjo player in the Pride of the Southland so we should just stop playing Rocky Top because Down the field is soooooo exciting! 🙄. Rocky Top should be played as soon as our player passes the goal line. Play down the field after Rocky Top. We are KNOWN for Rocky Top!

I had to google that

This again? It’s been my experience that if you’re singing the chorus loudly… you don’t have time for the Woo as you finish “Good Ole Rocky Top”… that’s what irks me, 90% of people that woo don’t sing the words.
I don't like the WOO screws up a great song....never liked wave
I'm glad that's over Go Vols

Though I have maintained an anti-woo stance. I am on the losing side in this election though I feel it was rigged.

The Woo is for cheerleaders and kids.
i think it's fine for women and any man that wants to do it... also fine if you find it to be an effeminate noise and choose not to... but like it or not, its not going anywhere. I personally think its fine for anyone to do.... it's celebratory and it annoys the hell out of opposing fans, which is always a good thing lol

VN Store

Back