Unemployed Tennessee residents sue state, governor to reinstate unemployment benefits

My coworker who runs one of our facilities and relies on temp work in our busy season has bumped his temp pay up by roughly $8/hr and can’t find temp workers; there’s literally no one in the system. When he finally found one a few months back, he walked off the job in 20 min. He’s had guys not come back after the first day but this was a new record. It’s pathetic, embarrassing and infuriating.
8 an hour ? Not going to find anyone for that rate -- Going to have to find some Illegals or Indians

A quick search and you can’t find any real information on the topic. A bunch of unsupported conjecture and trying to include the VA and Social Security in the stats but nothing on welfare by political parties.

Reactions: AM64 and 508mikey
Also: Have any of you talked with people who are not taking those open jobs? As in several of them so you can develop a wide view of actual reasons and not just assumptions and conjecture?
I’ve read several articles where people state they didn’t want to go back to their old job they wanted to do something else. Ok so that’s fine but you have to find employment and make money while you’re finding yourself and it’s nobody’s responsibility but your own to provide for you and yours. That a metaphorical “you” I know you understand that.

Reactions: AM64 and AshG
Then there’s this from the a commentary on an NPR pole

“Hardly surprising, we see that in a two-party split, 60-80% of welfare recipients are Democrats, while full time Workers are evenly divided between parties.

You have similar results in this recent NPR-Poll. Among the Long Term Unemployed, 72% of the two-party support goes to Democrats.

It appears that once more common sense is right and the impression left by the New York Times wrong. Indeed, people who live off the government disproportionally support Democrats.”

Reactions: AM64
Might want to check your assumptions. What demographic receives the most government assistance in the US?

White conservatives.
Sooooooo…. White conservatives aren’t obviously voting to enrichen themselves? They are the beneficiaries of these programs yet they aren’t voting for candidates loudly claiming they want to pile on those benefits? Good for white conservatives on not voting for a bigger handout!

That is a fairly reasonable takeaway from your comment you know?

Reactions: AM64 and C-south
Sure. When you print a retraction during prime time and provide the full quote instead of an out of context fragment.
You’re usually pretty level headed. Don’t bitch out now.
My quote is back to back with your unusually weak and out of character post. I tell you what…I’ll go back and edit so it expresses how I feel about your attempt to hide from the crap you obviously made up.
Also notice I posted an NPR pole that proves you were making crap up.

Reactions: AshG
Then there’s this from the a commentary on an NPR pole

“Hardly surprising, we see that in a two-party split, 60-80% of welfare recipients are Democrats, while full time Workers are evenly divided between parties.

You have similar results in this recent NPR-Poll. Among the Long Term Unemployed, 72% of the two-party support goes to Democrats.

It appears that once more common sense is right and the impression left by the New York Times wrong. Indeed, people who live off the government disproportionally support Democrats.”
^^^^^
Here it is again.
The actual numbers

You’re usually pretty level headed. Don’t bitch out now.
My quote is back to back with your unusually weak and out of character post. I tell you what…I’ll go back and edit so it expresses how I feel about your attempt to hide from the crap you obviously made up.
Also notice I posted an NPR pole that proves you were making crap up.

Yes, I'm super cranky today. There is no tired like travel tired. I'm not thinking things through.

And as I obviously stepped into it without thinking things through, what exactly are we meaning by government assistance? Are we talking only about unemployment and underemployment assistance, or can we include farm subsidies and corporate welfare?

Yes, I'm super cranky today. There is no tired like travel tired. I'm not thinking things through.

And as I obviously stepped into it without thinking things through, what exactly are we meaning by government assistance? Are we talking only about unemployment and underemployment assistance, or can we include farm subsidies and corporate welfare?
You can include whatever you want. Just do it in context.
Your sources want to include the VA and social security which is obviously BS. The context on farm subsidies doesn’t fly either as that’s an industry thing and not individual. You might as well include the GM Union bail outs if that’s the game you’re playing.
Or any small business man like me whose insurance was crushed by the ACA and forced into the Obama care system.

You can include whatever you want. Just do it in context.
Your sources want to include the VA and social security which is obviously BS. The context on farm subsidies doesn’t fly either as that’s an industry thing and not individual. You might as well include the GM Union bail outs if that’s the game you’re playing.
Or any small business man like me whose insurance was crushed by the ACA and forced into the Obama care system.
Which by the way costs me more per month than the old insurance that was taken away.
I’d like to thank the government for that kind of support

Reactions: AM64 and tntar heel
I’ve read several articles where people state they didn’t want to go back to their old job they wanted to do something else. Ok so that’s fine but you have to find employment and make money while you’re finding yourself and it’s nobody’s responsibility but your own to provide for you and yours. That a metaphorical “you” I know you understand that.
Most of what I'm hearing is when covid hit. They were making 20+ and.now companys filled the spot with lower paying people

VN Store

Back