Uniform changes for 2013

oh i know about that i own a game worn Tech fit from 2011. but adidas has this new thing out looks like this:

I think DP said that in that pic the color contrast was turned up. I don't think it will be an issue. We will see I guess. I know that no one will have a problem with it standing in the endzone :eek:k:

Hm.

Where's the black outline around the numbers?

I believe DP said he had seen the white Jersey both with and without the black outline around the numbers...not sure which would be on the field.

Just for my tastes, I like the black outline on the white Jerseys...makes it look crisp, and the #'s easy to identify, but I think it will look great either way.

Go Vols!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
i love it!!!!!!!!!

My guess is that Jones is doing this as much for recruiting Memphis / Jackson / Nashville as anything. Claiming yourself as THE State school carries at least a little water with the in-state guys.

OTOH, I always wondered if OOS players ever felt wierd @ slapping the "give your all for TN today" TN state shaped sign? If I was from HI or CA or AL, that might seem a little weird to me. IDK, Go Vols!

I think DP said that in that pic the color contrast was turned up. I don't think it will be an issue. We will see I guess. I know that no one will have a problem with it standing in the endzone :eek:k:

Yeah, as long as opposing Ds get a good view while following it into the EZ, I'm happy!

Here is the new away jersey from the NCAA 14 uniform update today. And the home jersey. Sorry for poor quality.

Here are little better quality screen shots of the new uniforms:

BP3q18DCYAAGWR7.png:large

Reactions: 3 people
I may be in the minority, but I'd love to see the orange shoulders on white jersey...makes me think of Condredge Holloway dodging thru defenses!

Go Vols!!!

Eh.. those two above look copper colored rather than orange. And for the record the tiger-like stripes are awful.

I'm really not a fan in video game form at least. And I'm all for a uniform change. Can't pinpoint what the problem is exactly. Maybe the numbers seem too small? Hopefully the real finished product will change my mind.

I may be in the minority, but I'd love to see the orange shoulders on white jersey...makes me think of Condredge Holloway dodging thru defenses!

Go Vols!!!

I'm pretty sure it's been said before on here that the NCAA wouldn't allow this as there was too much of our main color in our white uniform.

I love the state of TN on the back. I do think the Power T on the front looked better on the collar. Can't wait to see what they really look like

That's surprising that the black outline around the numbers is gone. Seems like that would tick off the black jersey crowd.

I'm pretty sure it's been said before on here that the NCAA wouldn't allow this as there was too much of our main color in our white uniform.

Yea, it seems I have heard that as well...it's just a look I really love. With all the mixed up uni color schemes around these days, I really see orange shoulders on white jerseys as being fairly tame lol.

VN Store

Back