Uniform changes for 2013

Liked the power T on the collar better. Other than than, not bad, but I think they will look a little better in real life.

Reactions: 1 person
Those aren't stripes there part of the uniform all adidas uniforms regardless of school will have those.

I still don't like them, regardless of who is responsible for them.

Yeah, I don't like the "T" above the numbers as much as I did when it was on the collar.

The state patch on the back.

The removal of the black outline on numbers

Dislikes: The "tiger" pattern on the material

The "T" directly above the numbers.

Reactions: 2 people
Good point. I guess that explains Alabama's inability to bring in top level talent in recent years.

Oh wait, never mind, they've stayed true to their traditional look and have won 3 NC's in the past 4 years.

Alabama's traditional uniforms are the reason for their success? Saban is a genius!

I'll give you 5 bucks if you can actually see the adidas pattern made in to the jersey once they actually debut.

Highly, HIGHLY doubt you will be able to make it out from your seat or on TV.

Yeah, I don't like the "T" above the numbers as much as I did when it was on the collar.

^^This. Although the 'tiger' stripes look the worst to me. "T" is a matter of design placement - it simply looks better moved toward the collar so much better in fact that the EA version looks like a designer who failed design fundamentals (you never ever create something so cluttered!).

ETA: And it's the tiger like stripes on the arm sleeves that look weird. We don't need them there when we have a good checkerboard design on the under sleeves.

Last edited:
^^This. Although the 'tiger' stripes look the worst to me. "T" is a matter of design placement - it simply looks better moved toward the collar so much better in fact that the EA version looks like a designer who failed design fundamentals (you never ever create something so cluttered!).

ETA: And it's the tiger like stripes on the arm sleeves that look weird. We don't need them there when we have a good checkerboard design on the under sleeves.

The "tiger stripes" are the material, and all the adidas jerseys have them. They will barely be noticeable on TV and in the stadium.

The pattern in the fabric is totally not noticeable in person if it is similar to the patterns on the 2011 and 2012 jersey (not the pattern itself, but the visibility of the pattern).

LIke it's been said, the "tiger" stripes are just over-done on the EA version, IMO. I don't know how accurate this is to what we are releasing either, since, well, we havent released it yet. The Tennessee Script is about what I had expected, but I heard it would be slanted.

The Circle (center) with the holed mesh underneath is something I havent noticed or heard about before, so I think that's an EA thing.

I like the state outline.

I wish the checkerboards were a bit larger inside the numbers and the numbers were larger as well, but that might be different as well. Same goes for the checkerboard sleeves, larger squares like last year's sleeve.

I'm pretty sure it's been said before on here that the NCAA wouldn't allow this as there was too much of our main color in our white uniform.

I have heard this on here as well...but looking back at 2012 jerseys, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Michigan, and Mizzou all wore similar schemes on their white jerseys. So may be possible down the road. If the link works, there are a few examples.

2012 NCAA Football New Uniforms Preview | Chris Creamer's SportsLogos.Net News and Blog : New Logos and New Uniforms news, photos, and rumours

adidasTECHFITNebraska_Back_crop_exact.jpg

Here's a couple close ups if anyone is interested.
View attachment 64105
View attachment 64106

That looks a lot better. I'm still not sure how I feel about putting "Tennessee" on the front even though it looks pretty good in that graphic since it's always been nice that our color and brand is so strong that we literally need no introduction. Putting our name on there (while I can see Butch's reasoning) is redundant. We have stood out because of our colors and because we have stayed the largely the same with only minor changes. Putting the name on there makes me feel like we have to tell people who we are when we certainly don't.

It's not awful or anything but I'm not sure I like the theory behind it even though I respect the theory behind it.

Personally, I have never regarded it as our obligation to make the lives of opposing coaches or sportscasters easier by outlining our numbers.

I hate that they gave Dobbs #16 in that game. How disrespectful to Peyton?

He's #11

This is probably someone's custom roster--either changed from the front menu or as a part of a custom season--and I believe Dobbs is actually listed as #11 in the game.

Attachments

• Dobbs.jpg
    Dobbs.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 19
I really hope the size of the numbers doesn't change from last season. We finally had jerseys with big numbers again. These EA pictures look like there are tiny skinny numbers. Hate it.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back