Unoffical guide to all those traveling to the Oregon game. What to do/expect there.

It would be sort of fun to be in Eugene today, but........ The Mighty Rainbow Trout calls, I'll be on the river this afternoon playing "unofficial" fishing guide to a fly fisherman and his wife. Still my wife and I will get our fly lines on the water a bit. Should get into some 14" natives and with a little luck we'll see a few monsters.

Got to relax a bit before the game or I'll be a mess come game time.

All you Vols that have arrived in Oregon, I hope enjoy your stay....... With the one obvious exception of the final score tomorrow.

Do you recommend Newport as far as a good place to visit on the coast?

My comment is probably a little late...

My grandparents retired there. Beautiful place. Definitely good spot to stop at. Wouldn't be my first choice in terms of places to stay over night though. I would get a place either in Portland or Eugene.

My family said they got to Oregon and they has station worker pumped their gas. Is this like a state law or something?

Hah. Yeah. It's some dumb law based on broken window fallacy logic.

I've got one more question, then I think we'll be set. We're looking at doing the Autzen Express bus to get to the stadium. Do any of you guys have experience with this, and if you do is there any certain location you recommend?

Some of the other options might be good also. But, I went to every home game for the last several years and parked in the same spot almost every time: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=44.05649,-123.053099&num=1&t=h&z=17

You have to walk a little ways over to the stadium. But, the key is that you can get back onto the freeway quickly from there. If you park anywhere near the stadium or take buses from there, you can easily get stuck for over an hour just getting out of the traffic.

Park at my spot and you will be ahead of everyone else, back on the freeway in around 15 minutes.

Brian, we just got into Portland so I'm not going to text you back but holler at me in the morning.

EDIT: I think your hotel is next door. I didn't realize that until we just pulled up.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
^ is that a garage or just a random lot? Thanks.

It's a lot. I believe they charge around $15.

There will be people tailgating there. It's a very public, high traffic corner. I never worried about security or anything.

Unless you arrive right at kick-off, it shouldn't be full. Even if you did, you would probably still get a spot.

To me, the walk is pretty short. Easy to just follow the crowd down to the stadium. But, if anyone has a condition that makes walking a challenge. That would be the only downside of parking there, imo.

It's a huge drag to get stuck in bumper-to-bumper for over an hour after a day of tailgating and the game. You'll be saying "I should have parked at Wheaton's lot!" if you do. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back