US State Department Stirring It Up With Iran...

let me guess, this will be when Ras will point to as the start of it all. completely ignoring all the unrest before.

let me guess, this will be when Ras will point to as the start of it all. completely ignoring all the unrest before.

Yeah, it'll be like clockwork.

Regardless though, the masses will need to be the ones to start it like they did in 1979. Hopefully, they've learned their lesson against installing another theocratic regime and move towards more of a modern constitutional republic like Turkey...was. Unfortunately, I do see some similarities between 1930s Germany and modern day Iran though with a religious flair to it. A modern fascist state with a powerful autocratic ruler. No, that's not a Godwin's Law inference, but rather one of "economic and social conditions are similar in the two nations."

The other problem is if they do move towards any kind of autocratic regime, we could be set for yet another mini-cold war in the ME with Iran and her allies on one side and the other nations aligned on the other. There already are tensions, but it could get uglier with the introduction of a new regime looking for Lebensraum for Iran.

Worst case scenario of course.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
The trump baby unleashes another temper tantrum?

Well good, that will show 'em. Just like he showed little rocket man.

I so want the status quo to continue with North Korea, Iran and Russia! I hope with all my heart Trump fails bigly so we can continue doing the things every President has tried and failed with before!

I so want the status quo to continue with North Korea, Iran and Russia! I hope with all my heart Trump fails bigly so we can continue doing the things every President has tried and failed with before!

Lol. Like given for "bigly."

I'm all for finding a better way, but do you really think infantile rants (without backing them up) are the way to do it?

Reactions: 4 people
So, you have no idea what to do.

Shortcake.

Ok here's my trump response.

"Grand Vol... he's so grand. Let me tell you, he likes the word shortcake, he really likes it. I bet grand vol has a fetish for those little dolls, you know the berry-scented ones that little girls played with? I bet grant vol loves those little dolls, especially that strawberry shortcake. I mean why would he keep saying shortcake? I don't know, you tell me. But yeah, he likes that shortcake. Um, they sure smelled nice didn't they?"

Now is that anyway to deal with someone who doesn't share your opinion?

Reactions: 3 people
Ok here's my trump response.

"Grand Vol... he's so grand. Let me tell you, he likes the word shortcake, he really likes it. I bet grand vol has a fetish for those little dolls, you know the berry-scented ones that little girls played with? I bet grant vol loves those little dolls, especially that strawberry shortcake. I mean why would he keep saying shortcake? I don't know, you tell me. But yeah, he likes that shortcake. Um, they sure smelled nice didn't they?"

Now is that anyway to deal with someone who doesn't share your opinion?

I don't care for shortcake myself. Apparently, you don't either.

Still doesn't change the fact you have zero ideas on what to do in regards to NK or Iran.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't care for shortcake myself. Apparently, you don't either.

Still doesn't change the fact you have zero ideas on what to do in regards to NK or Iran.

Well, I will admit that foreign policy isn't central to my profession.

I would listen to and follow the advice of the career professionals with expertise on the subject matter.

Something that perhaps our president should do, no?

Yeah, it'll be like clockwork.

Regardless though, the masses will need to be the ones to start it like they did in 1979. Hopefully, they've learned their lesson against installing another theocratic regime and move towards more of a modern constitutional republic like Turkey...was. Unfortunately, I do see some similarities between 1930s Germany and modern day Iran though with a religious flair to it. A modern fascist state with a powerful autocratic ruler. No, that's not a Godwin's Law inference, but rather one of "economic and social conditions are similar in the two nations."

The other problem is if they do move towards any kind of autocratic regime, we could be set for yet another mini-cold war in the ME with Iran and her allies on one side and the other nations aligned on the other. There already are tensions, but it could get uglier with the introduction of a new regime looking for Lebensraum for Iran.

Worst case scenario of course.

everything was fine, no one was unhappy. then boom. Nuland and her cookies.

Not saying its not the case here, I just hope that he (Ras) remembers the preamble to it all.

we should stay out of it, hopefully Iran just ignores him and he loses all his power in this situation.

Are we orchestrating and interfering with Iran for their individual freedoms or for geopolitical expediency?

Well, I will admit that foreign policy isn't central to my profession.

I would listen to and follow the advice of the career professionals with expertise on the subject matter.

Something that perhaps our president should do, no?

These the same career "professionals" that have continued the status quo in regards to NK, Iran, Syria, Russia and a whole host of other countries?

Or the ones that led us into Iraq and Libya?

VN Store

Back