USA Today SEC preview

tngivem6

Just checked it out on my phone and it predicts us winning only 2 SEC games, with another losing record overall!
Seriously, only 2 SEC wins!!
Keeps making me upset seeng Vandy above us!!!

Reactions: 1 person
Nobody in the media knows enough about this team to project anything higher than last year. They just look at stats, see those defensive stats and who left on offense and deem us no good. I'm not worried

Go Vols!

Reactions: 7 people
The media pretty much just shuffles teams around within a few spots of where they wrapped up last year. UT has won 2 SEC games in the last 2 years total. 2 SEC wins in 1 season is actually an improvement.

I like your thinking OWoL.
Understand what you mean.
Now it's time to wake up the giant and start whooping some Rocky Top on some folks!!

5 Years with only 1 winning season (7-6 in 2009) makes for lousy expectations and another rebuilding year this year on top of that. I would love to win 7 games this year. GBO.

Reactions: 2 people
95% of the media previews I've seen base absolutely everything on how teams performed last year, adjusted slightly for graduation. Very little original thought going on.

Auburn will deal the same issue. I think Auburn will be better than the media expects, while Vandy will be worse. Yet, most of the media is predicting that UT will beat Auburn and lose to Vandy. We may or may not beat Auburn, but I think they'll be a tougher out, either way.

Nobody in the media knows enough about this team to project anything higher than last year. They just look at stats, see those defensive stats and who left on offense and deem us no good. I'm not worried

Go Vols!

But that's the reality. What have you seen that makes you think you know more than all the experts?

They ranked Auburn ahead of them. There's no way in heck I will ever read anything they ever post again. No way in heck Auburn is better entering the season than UT. No way.

Just checked it out on my phone and it predicts us winning only 2 SEC games, with another losing record overall!
Seriously, only 2 SEC wins!!
Keeps making me upset seeng Vandy above us!!!

Hell some of our own "fans" are predicting we get our arses kicked week in and week out.

I'm not saying this'll happen, but everyone thought TAMU would have a losing season last year.

We need to remember that we grossly underachieved last year. We have talent and now we appear to have a competent coaching staff. I think we will surprise a lot of people this year, especially the people who are predicting a losing season.

Reactions: 4 people
I'm not saying this'll happen, but everyone thought TAMU would have a losing season last year.

We need to remember that we grossly underachieved last year. We have talent and now we appear to have a competent coaching staff. I think we will surprise a lot of people this year, especially the people who are predicting a losing season.

On defense we're coming off one of the worst seasons in our history, on offense we have a talented OLine and no experience in the passing game. I hope they surprise me too. But im a realist and wont be calling for anyone to be fired after we get boat raced by Oregon.

Reactions: 2 people
On defense we're coming off one of the worst seasons in our history, on offense we have a talented OLine and no experience in the passing game. I hope they surprise me too. But im a realist and wont be calling for anyone to be fired after we get boat raced by Oregon.

No doubt. I think our defense was abysmal because we had a DC who was in over his head with players who weren't comfortable with the scheme or play book. I think it's unfair to the current defensive personnel to use last year as Exhibit A of their ineptitude. That said, I don't think we're going to be Bama, but I also don't think we're going to have a losing season either.

I'm fully prepared to eat crow if it comes to that.

No doubt. I think our defense was abysmal because we had a DC who was in over his head with players who weren't comfortable with the scheme or play book. I think it's unfair to the current defensive personnel to use last year as Exhibit A of their ineptitude. That said, I don't think we're going to be Bama, but I also don't think we're going to have a losing season either.

I'm fully prepared to eat crow if it comes to that.

I'd be delighted to enjoy some crow too.

Actual results will probably be more important than USA Today predictions.

:thumbsup:

VN Store

Back