UT’s NIL program - The Vol Club

My conflict is I do not care about the social "events" that come with membership. I am a season ticket holder in multiple sports and do not need or want the tailgating. I try and attend as many athlete events to purchase items that get money in their hands. Maybe I am worrying about the 10% too much, but I just havent gotten on board with it yet...
And get off my lawn

They could develop them in a minor league farm system until they are ready to join the big boys.
They have a minor league: college football.

To paraphrase someone:
We're going to build a minor league organization, a great minor league, the best minor league you've ever seen and the colleges are going to pay for it.

I’m sorry but if you’re “struggling” that much why the hell would you be worried about donating to an NIL club? This is for someone who has the means to donate and help out the program not for those struggling. Most of the NIL budget is still provided by a few donors. Most programs already had kids getting paid that were on the roster, NIL just made it legal.
This is what people seem to want to ignore. None of "pay for play" is new and it doesn't mean someone is a superstar.

Wade was on tape making a "strong ass offer"to Javonte Smart, and it worked, and where is Smart now? G-League.

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
Because it is already spiraling out of control this year. The Vols are having to pay thier own players to just hold the team together for next season.
Why would you think an upperclassman that is playing and contributing shouldn’t get paid? This is just the market adjusting. Usually in the end the ones with the most capital and the smartest people in charge of it win in free market situations; NIL is a huge strength for Tennessee in that regard.

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
Again, how does that benefit the NFL and why would they do that?

Besides being another primetime televised draft they can capitalize off of in the offseason, they would have farm system players that they can automatically pluck from when injuries start to pile up.

Why would you think an upperclassman that is playing and contributing shouldn’t get paid? This is just the market adjusting. Usually in the end the ones with the most capital and the smartest people in charge of it win in free market situations; NIL is a huge strength for Tennessee in that regard.
NIL money is not helping the Vols with recruiting right now.

Besides being another primetime televised draft they can capitalize off of in the offseason, they would have farm system players that they can automatically pluck from when injuries start to pile up.
A high school player draft isn't going to draw any attention and won't offset any of the new costs associated with running a minor league.

They already have players they can pluck from when injuries pile up. There's no benefit to the NFL trying to start a farm system. The college football world already develops NFL ready players and deals with all the non sports related stuff up till their drafted.

The NFL revenue is growing every year (except for the pandemic) and they've zero need to spend money for a minor league, stadiums, etc while college football exists.

The NFL is far more elite than you give it credit for. Very few athletes are NFL material and most college players aren't so there's zero demand for the NFL to develop a minor league.

The NFL revenue is growing every year (except for the pandemic) and they've zero need to spend money for a minor league, stadiums, etc while college football exists.

The NFL is far more elite than you give it credit for. Very few athletes are NFL material and most college players aren't so there's zero demand for the NFL to develop a minor league.
Jokers are so elite that a good number of teams are having to play backups to the backups at the QB position this year. Some are the pro games are unwatchable this year. Even the so called elites are not without their fallacies. With a farm system, they can develop qb's to step in and be ready to play in their system.

The farm system idea is not something revolutionary, it has already been proposed by other sport pundits.

Jokers are so elite that a good number of teams are having to play backups to the backups at the QB position this year. Some are the pro games are unwatchable this year. Even the so called elites are not without their fallacies.
You may not like it but the NFL is easily head, shoulders, and knees above anything in college football.

They're not going to bail out the NCAA's mistakes until it fails completely and they get an excellent deal on the league.

Why isn't TV revenue paying for the talent?

I'm not opposed to contributing but with all of the realignment and billion dollar TV deals it seems odd to have Joe six-pack paying for kids to get national exposure and an education.

You may not like it but the NFL is easily head, shoulders, and knees above anything in college football.

They're not going to bail out the NCAA's mistakes until it fails completely and they get an excellent deal on the league.
Well then go watch the pros, while I and others will stay here and root for the Vols on Saturday.

People and fans arent struggling enough already without having to make kids who might never see playing time at UT richer. This model is not sustainable long term. I mean this for all schools and not just UT. Advertisers will eventually have to step in and foot the bill if they want to keep on paying every college player millions of dollars every season. Overtime the cost of this will be astronomical if someone wanted to sit down with pen and paper or excel spreadsheet.
Very few college players are making millions.

I think fans should be willing to pay for their entertainment and not expect all the "rich" people and companies foot the bill. Do they owe you anything?

If just the members of this forum would donate $5 per month, that would raise nearly $4M per year. $25 per month..nearly $20M

And that is just the 66,000 members of VolNation

Money to players is only a problem if the average fan is so selfish they think their entertainment should be provided at no cost to them.

NIL money is not helping the Vols with recruiting right now.
We landed the highest ranked qb in two decades bc of it. Will land one of the highest rated WRs as well this year. Overall ranking is down a little, star average is up over the average. We’re bringing in fewer players but their average rating is higher. One high rated player puts us in the top ten, two would put us in the top five classes.

Saying NIL isn’t helping recruiting may be the dumbest statement ever written on volnation. Tennessee is mentioned in almost all elite recruits top teams bc of NIL. More top rated recruits visit bc of NIL. It’s almost like you’re a troll account that hopes people won’t contribute.

I watch good football. I'd watch in the backyard if those kids would get off the video games.
To be fair, I think the college game is what is hurting the NFL right now. College QB's are going pro and are not ready for the NFL style of play, which is leading to all the injuries we are seeing this season. Hence the reason they need a minor league farm system.

I wanted to take a moment to introduce forum members to The Vol Club. This is for educational purposes only.

The Vol Club exists to do two main things:

1. Create sustainable NIL opportunities for our student athletes. We want to ensure Tennessee can attract and retain the top talent in the country.
2. For fans it’s all about impact and the experiences. There has never been a better way to have an impact on the outcome of the games than by supporting the players through NIL. On the experience side…we are a growing community of passionate and invested fans, and membership in the Vol Club affords you access to ongoing benefits and exclusive experiences as part of our community.
We have over 4000 +members in all 50 states. The 3 best ways for fans to support us:
  1. Join The Vol Club as an individual
  2. Join The Vol Club as a small business or corporate sponsor
  3. Sponsor an Event
We have monthly memberships starting at $25 a month. 90% of the membership dollars generated goes to the players. This is your best and most direct opportunity to support student athletes at the University of Tennessee and to help our athletic programs attract the highest quality players in the world.
As a small business or corporate sponsor you can attach your brand to our many growing social media and digital platforms to drive results and be associated with the success and influence of TN athletes and UT athletics.
Any money I might have given will now have to go to pay for the MASSIVE increase in baseball season tickets.

Very few college players are making millions.

I think fans should be willing to pay for their entertainment and not expect all the "rich" people and companies foot the bill. Do they owe you anything?

If just the members of this forum would donate $5 per month, that would raise nearly $4M per year. $25 per month..nearly $20M

And that is just the 66,000 members of VolNation

Money to players is only a problem if the average fan is so selfish they think their entertainment should be provided at no cost to them.

What nonsense. The fans have always been paying. Every ticket, every parking pass, every donation, every seat cushion, every trip, every shirt, every shaker, every Petro. Every annoying-ass AFLAC commercial with Nick Saban. The fans have always been the ones paying.

You just think they should pay even more.

To be fair, I think the college game is what is hurting the NFL right now. College QB's are going pro and are not ready for the NFL style of play, which is leading to all the injuries we are seeing this season. Hence the reason they need a minor league farm system.
In part, you're right. The college game rush and pass defense isn't anywhere near the NFL level. Even when Peyton came in, he threw 20+ INTs that rookie year and the gap has only gotten wider, I think.

College QBs get to the pros and are used to having time to throw and lazing through progressions. When they do throw, they're used to better separation by the receivers and DBacks that don't jump the ball as well as the NFL.

You see lots of young QBs taking sacks, getting passes knocked down or picked, because it used to be they'd see that kind of defensive talent one or two games a year instead of every week.

Reactions: loservol
I belong to the Vol Club. I pay the $25 a month because I don't have much chance to go to K town and watch games. So my $300 a year sort of balances out what I might spend going to a game once a year.
I also get special notices on signed merchandise that I might like. Of course my kids are grown, I'm about to retire, and my debts are minimal so I have a little extra that I can support the Vols with.

What nonsense. The fans have always been paying. Every ticket, every parking pass, every donation, every seat cushion, every trip, every shirt, every shaker, every Petro. Every annoying-ass AFLAC commercial with Nick Saban. The fans have always been the ones paying.

You just think they should pay even more.
Yes, i do think they should pay more. Simce the NCAA screwed athletes for decades out of millions of dollars so the fans could be entertained, i think we should be happy to give a few bucks per month.

Or at least dont complain when your favorite team falls behind.

VN Store

Back