UT’s NIL program - The Vol Club

Nice flex. Feel good about that? I had no intention of saying you were poor. You're don't like and believe in Spyre, so you're out.

It doesn't matter to me. I chip in because I see how the process works and believe Spyre is my best chance to help the team.

If you don't, don't. While they would like whatever you and I give and it all helps in the long run, if you're just measuring it as money ...... you and I aren't really going to add much weight.

But nice flex. Well done.
I do bc Murphy can like something that oppo flexed my worth. I stopped reading your quote. In the end you give your money and I'll cheer the team on. Give me a winner.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
Thanks. If ya need some tickets message me. But hope all plans lead to dubs and top 12 so we make playoffs.
Thanks, bro. I've got a bad hip and can't make too many rides to Knoxville, but I appreciate that.

I'm betting we're in, barring injury to Nico or just a complete breakdown of our secondary.

No thanks. I'd rather donate to something worthy like St Jude. If UT football suffers in this new professional world, so be it. It was fun while it lasted.
Nothing wrong with that thought process. Especially when it comes with no complaints about talent level or losses.

Nothing wrong with that thought process. Especially when it comes with no complaints about talent level or losses.
If a coach makes 8 mil a year then it's his jobs to make sure players get in there. Not the guys not making 8 mil a year. He better be telling white where money needs to he going. Tbh, we need schools to pay players. Then this crap isn't necessary. We live in a time, where college football has convinced fans it's our job to pay players while they count their money. Kudos to them. Maybe greatest sales job ever. Let us keep our money then the folk with less pay foe the job we should already be doing. Then spyres like yeah let them keep giving us money.

This was a tweet I saw over the weekend:
"Everybody wants to win until it’s time to make sacrifices or pony up . Ole miss has more NIL DONORS THAN TENNESSEE. Explain that with all these so called VFL’s running around . Put some skin in the game . #vfl"

I get the message, but terms like pony up and so call VFL's can rub folks the wrong way. Just my 2 cents, I dont agree with this presentation and I am an on the fence guy...what do you guys think?

People and fans arent struggling enough already without having to make kids who might never see playing time at UT richer. This model is not sustainable long term. I mean this for all schools and not just UT. Advertisers will eventually have to step in and foot the bill if they want to keep on paying every college player millions of dollars every season. Overtime the cost of this will be astronomical if someone wanted to sit down with pen and paper or excel spreadsheet.
Every college player is getting millions?? Wow

"Everybody wants to win until it’s time to make sacrifices or pony up . Ole miss has more NIL DONORS THAN TENNESSEE. Explain that with all these so called VFL’s running around . Put some skin in the game . #vfl"

I get the message, but terms like pony up and so call VFL's can rub folks the wrong way. Just my 2 cents, I dont agree with this presentation and I am an on the fence guy...what do you guys think?
Depends on who is talking that way…is it just a fan with an opinion or is it somebody directly tied to NIL or the University?

I totally get the reality of where the college game is now and where it is headed. Good for everyone that pitches in to ensure success of their teams.

However, this state of affairs sickens me to the core.

Depends on who is talking that way…is it just a fan with an opinion or is it somebody directly tied to NIL or the University?
I think he might be a captain but I dont see it in his bio so I could be wrong. I assumed since he copied the link to the vol club he was associated, but maybe not

I think you need to do you and not worry about the rest of it. If it feels right for you to give or not give, that's your business. You go to work for your paycheck. Folks have NO right to tell you or anyone else what to do with their hard earned money. I do not give to the club. I choose to give in very expensive season tickets. That's my choice and that's what I do.

Edit** Terms such as pony up, not a "real" vfl, nothing more than juvenile school yard bullying. That's why it rubs you the wrong way!!!!

Last edited:
So many dumb comments in this thread from people on all sides. Yeah NIL and the new landscape of college athletics sucks and it will never be the same. But it is what it is and if you want to compete with the best you have to pay like that best.

Unequivocally what I will say though is fighting on forums and social media are stupid. Quit arguing with strangers online and go drink a beer or play a game or read a book or spend time in reality.

Agreed. Why try and guilt trip us fans and blame us? It also shows little care or awareness for the current economic issues East Tennessee is facing with rising living costs and no pay increases.

Not sure what is worse, the lack of caring, or the ignorance.

Fund the future, secure our competitive edge.. It’s up to donors and fans in the current model. With 10k+ members, we can all help sustain NIL opportunities for years to come.

It was a bad message. I agree. It is true that Old Miss claims to have some 7000+ members but who knows if they are active and how much they are donating. A softer way of saying this is that, we need members to help sustain the long term future of NIL from those willing and able. Especially with how competitive the marketplace has evolved in the last 2 years. TVC was one of the first collectives to allow contributors from small to extra large donors. However, our model was copied and now used by multiple collectives. I personally think we can maintain superiority over other collectives given how passionate and large our fan base is.

I don’t have access to individual player contracts but I believe both players were receiving support.
Appreciate the answer. Things like that need to be stopped or NIL won't ever get the majority to support it imo.

I’ll caveat this by saving I don’t think you need to have graduated from UT to be a VFL…but if you’re going to start claiming who is or isn’t a VFL, you better have that UT degree hanging on your wall

VN Store

Back