UT’s NIL program - The Vol Club

Maybe if they were an open book to show where every cent went. Prolly get more folks to join.
Do you want any side job you might have to be "an open book" from your employer?

If you were making a few hundred thousand, how would you feel about your security when your employer (who is NOT the school or a govt entity) releases your salary?

Reactions: vol_in_ga
Do you want any side job you might have to be "an open book" from your employer?

If you were making a few hundred thousand, how would you feel about your security when your employer (who is NOT the school or a govt entity) releases your salary?
Be hard to convince people what they are doing is legit. All I'm saying, hard to make it appear legit. You could reveal earnings/ salaries of the employed. If it's npo, then the board should prolly make sure they make it public. Money brought in, money for marketing, money spent on salaries, money paid out for NIL. If the guys running it are making 6 figures then be hard to prove to folks to give them more money.

Be hard to convince people what they are doing is legit. All I'm saying, hard to make it appear legit. You could reveal earnings/ salaries of the employed. If it's npo, then the board should prolly make sure they make it public. Money brought in, money for marketing, money spent on salaries, money paid out for NIL. If the guys running it are making 6 figures then be hard to prove to folks to give them more money.
If you want this information, you’re gonna have to show up at the Spyre office or an event and ask the questions. They will discuss this with medium to large donors.

Reactions: Vol8188
You're not the primary target market, I'll bet.

I'm not a big fish either but I'm aware there ARE very large fish, with very good access, giving very large donations, and keeping an eye on their money.

I was never an "under the table" donor. I have neither the capital nor the clout socially to be in that group. They're involved in Spyre, however, and they aren't interested in letting folks are Spyre get rich.

Reactions: ThanksMurphy

I'm not a big fish either but I'm aware there ARE very large fish, with very good access, giving very large donations, and keeping an eye on their money.

I was never an "under the table" donor. I have neither the capital nor the clout socially to be in that group. They're involved in Spyre, however, and they aren't interested in letting folks are Spyre get rich.
While it’s true our medium and large donors makeup the majority of the budget, I personally want 10,000+ fans to makeup about 4 million of the budget. As a group, we can be the largest donor within TVC. That is my passion. We can do this and also gets some valuable perks in the process!

While it’s true our medium and large donors makeup the majority of the budget, I personally want 10,000+ fans to makeup about 4 million of the budget. As a group, we can be the largest donor within TVC. That is my passion. We can do this and also gets some valuable perks in the process!
Man, I'm there with you. I'd never expect, nor feel I deserve, deep access to Spyre. I'm not in that league and it's bad for the mission for too much to be known about who gets what.

I trust guys with lots more invested to watch their money and Pilot the situation in a good direction and create Thunder if things aren't going well. 😎😉

The CEO of St. Jude makes 2.3 million dollars plus perks, fyi.

If we're comparing the actual value of paying a salary to a CEO who, as a career, runs a 501(c)3 childrens' research hospital to paying (beyond scholarships) recent high school graduates to essentially attend university to play a game...ok, I guess?

Then please don't ask or try to make folks feel bad for not donating. My money is better suited for my lower bowl season tickets so my family of four can sit in our chair backs. I'm sure I'm not a target.

Love Murphy liked it. So stop asking for 25 bucks a month murph if you don't need small bucks. Go get the elk then and stop asking us. I mean after all my money isn't your target market. Which is just a Lorax quote.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jackcrevol
Then please don't ask or try to make folks feel bad for not donating. My money is better suited for my lower bowl season tickets so my family of four can sit in our chair backs. I'm sure I'm not a target.
Nice flex. Feel good about that? I had no intention of saying you were poor. You're don't like and believe in Spyre, so you're out.

It doesn't matter to me. I chip in because I see how the process works and believe Spyre is my best chance to help the team.

If you don't, don't. While they would like whatever you and I give and it all helps in the long run, if you're just measuring it as money ...... you and I aren't really going to add much weight.

But nice flex. Well done.

VN Store

Back