UT Potential EA CF25

I just read on ESPN that Arch is not taking any NIL except one and that one involved a charity auction.

He could always donate the $600 and give a signed copy of the game to someone. It’s obviously his choice to opt out or not, but his reasoning has been what has brought all of the attention. It’s kind of bizarre.

He could always donate the $600 and give a signed copy of the game to someone. It’s obviously his choice to opt out or not, but his reasoning has been what has brought all of the attention. It’s kind of bizarre.
He doesn't want the distraction. I say good on him.

It would take less than 30 seconds for him to opt in the game, just like the other 10,000 guys that already have. I would say him opting out given his reasoning, has created a much larger distraction.

It would take less than 30 seconds for him to opt in the game, just like the other 10,000 guys that already have. I would say him opting out given his reasoning, has created a much larger distraction.
What about his reasoning don't you like? It's literally that he wants to focus on his on field play.

I kind of fail to see how opting into a video game takes away from his on field focus. He’s not even the starter, which is also part of his reasoning for opting out. I just understand his reasoning at all. I don’t think I’m alone in this. In fact I know that I’m not. You could go on twitter yesterday and see that no one was buying his reasoning for opting out.

I kind of fail to see how opting into a video game takes away from his on field focus. He’s not even the starter, which is also part of his reasoning for opting out. I just understand his reasoning at all. I don’t think I’m alone in this. In fact I know that I’m not. You could go on twitter yesterday and see that no one was buying his reasoning for opting out.
I haven't seen anywhere that Arch said anything about not being the starter being a factor. I see internet theories saying it. But not him.

My read on what he said about it being a distraction is it's his feelings on NIL in general. He thinks the whole practice is a distraction and doesn't want anything to do with it. It's not specific to EA or NCAA 25. He hasn't signed onto any NIL despite being very marketable, which tracks with that. He's a Manning and likely doesn't need the money.

To me Twitter and the like is trying to make this a big deal, not Arch. He just wants to play ball and not deal with NIL

Doesnt wanna see that 69 overall

I'm in the ballpark that it's selfish of him. His fans would love to use him but won't be able to. Imagine being 10 and learning your favorite player wasn't in the game.

I haven't seen anywhere that Arch said anything about not being the starter being a factor. I see internet theories saying it. But not him.

My read on what he said about it being a distraction is it's his feelings on NIL in general. He thinks the whole practice is a distraction and doesn't want anything to do with it. It's not specific to EA or NCAA 25. He hasn't signed onto any NIL despite being very marketable, which tracks with that. He's a Manning and likely doesn't need the money.

To me Twitter and the like is trying to make this a big deal, not Arch. He just wants to play ball and not deal with NIL

I don’t care if he’s in the game or not. I find his reasoning odd. He’s done one NIL deal w/ a trading card company for $100k or so, which he donated charity. By choosing not to be in the game the perception of him is painted in a negative light. It makes zero sense for him to say he just wants to focus on ball bc it takes no time of his at all to opt in. He doesn’t have to market the game. He doesn’t even have to play the game . It creates a bigger story by him opting out than deciding to opt in. Whether his motivations are good in theory, it is kind of crazy that the Mannings would misread this so badly. If Caleb Williams was coming back? Sure. I would not have been shocked, but their unintended consequences have created story that everyone is college football is talking about .

I'm in the ballpark that it's selfish of him. His fans would love to use him but won't be able to. Imagine being 10 and learning your favorite player wasn't in the game.
what 10 year old's favorite player has appeared in only 1 game, has 5 passes for 2 completions and a QBR of 2.7?

unless you knew him before college, he isn't your favorite player.

I don’t care if he’s in the game or not. I find his reasoning odd. He’s done one NIL deal w/ a trading card company for $100k or so, which he donated charity. By choosing not to be in the game the perception of him is painted in a negative light. It makes zero sense for him to say he just wants to focus on ball bc it takes no time of his at all to opt in. He doesn’t have to market the game. He doesn’t even have to play the game . It creates a bigger story by him opting out than deciding to opt in. Whether his motivations are good in theory, it is kind of crazy that the Mannings would misread this so badly. If Caleb Williams was coming back? Sure. I would not have been shocked, but their unintended consequences have created story that everyone is college football is talking about .

it also doesn't make sense that he doesn't want to take away from playing football when he isn't starting. But he will be willing to "take away from football" when he is starting?

Reactions: RDU VOL#14

I stand corrected.

Seems like his family might be the reason he's doing it?
Arch Manning Had Solid Reason to Reject Money From EA Sports

Reactions: JCHateSteve
That’s commendable. I understand the idea of earning what you get and I have a very high opinion of the Manning family, from Archie on down. I think there are very rare instances where they misread the room, and that this is one of them .
Could be. I doubt EA will give him more later. That article makes it seem like an old school grandfather telling his grandson to keep his focus where it belongs and not embarrass the family by chasing endorsements. I do think a lot more is getting made of it than Arch intended though.

Maybe he is afraid his rating will be higher than Ewers, and it will cause a distraction in the locker room.

what 10 year old's favorite player has appeared in only 1 game, has 5 passes for 2 completions and a QBR of 2.7?

unless you knew him before college, he isn't your favorite player.
Oh I don't know, maybe because he's the nephew of a hall of fame NFL QB. My nephew loves him because he has the Manning name. He's 10 and if you don't think there are more like him, you're delusional. It's the Internet age, all kids know him.

Don't act like you didn't take whatever QB was playing for UT in the old college game and play a dynasty turning him and UT into powerhouses. Heck, I remember making Brent Schaeffer Vick 2.0 in dynasty mode.

Last edited:
This is BS, opting out puts all eyes on him and accomplishes the exact opposite.

Seems more likely were probably going to give him a 70 overall and the Mannings said nah, we're good.

Oh I don't know, maybe because he's the nephew of a hall of fame NFL QB. My nephew loves him because he has the Manning name. He's 10 and if you don't think there are more like him, you're delusional. It's the Internet age, all kids know him.

Don't act like you didn't take whatever QB was playing for UT in the old college game and play a dynasty turning him and UT into powerhouses. Heck, I remember making Brent Schaeffer Vick 2.0 in dynasty mode.
I did it with any qb. Played plenty with randomly generated names too.

Is your son no longer interested in the game now that Archie is out? Because that is the real contention.

It doesnt matter to EA if people are less excited, as long as they still buy it. Archie is not the difference in getting the game or not. No one single player is. Heck knowing EA they will probably figure out some sort of microtransactions to bring in players at a later date. And I am sure people will figure out how to jail break the game again to get them in there too.

VN Store

Back